Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Metformin and TTC

Is anyone else out there taking Metformin?  I started in last May for my PCOS symptoms and I was not TTC at the time.  I take 1000 mg daily.  Is anyone else out there taking it for the purpose of TTC and how much are you on?

I'm debating calling my Dr to see if we can up my dose. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Metformin and TTC

• Options
    i'm on 1500mg daily to help with the pcos. i take the extended release kind, so i just pop 3 pills every night before bed. i just hope that it helps so that all the nausea and stomach problems will be worth it :) 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    What is your reason for wanting to up your dosage?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I take 2000mg a day ER to regulate my cycles and (hopefully) ovulate each cycle.  The reason I take 2000mg is because my endocrinologist recommended doubling my dosage.  You can ask to increase your dosage but if your 1000mg is working just fine, you don't need a larger dose.

ETA: This dosage increase recommendation was after doing more testing on things like my thyroid. 

• Options
    I'm on 500mg for TTC purposes I have noticed my cycles are more regular than before the metformin
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Options

imagegardennymph:

Well, to increase my odds of getting KU.  The 1000 mg has helped my symptoms ALOT but its hard to see the results it is having on the issues that are more than "skin deep". 

• Options
    imagespeckles1031:

imagegardennymph:

Well, to increase my odds of getting KU.  The 1000 mg has helped my symptoms ALOT but its hard to see the results it is having on the issues that are more than "skin deep". 

increased dosage =/= getting KU. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    gamergirl522- what lead to having further testing done? 
  • Options
    imagespeckles1031:

Is anyone else out there taking Metformin?  I started in last May for my PCOS symptoms and I was not TTC at the time.  I take 1000 mg daily.  Is anyone else out there taking it for the purpose of TTC and how much are you on?

I'm debating calling my Dr to see if we can up my dose. 

I was on 1000 mg/day for several years for PCOS, but last year I was taken off it as my kidney function and liver functions were going down so be careful taking this. My Dad takes it for Diabetes and it has messed up his kidneys. Just a precaution.  

Me: 31 DH: 33 Married : 12 Years going on 16 years together TTC since 9/2001 11/2012 100 MG Clomid 12/2012 200 MG Clomid: IUI 12/26 2 Week Wait Praying for a miracle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"