April 2013 Moms

Fragile......

I am 27 weeks pregnant and am starting to get a huge complex about my size....In the last 2 days i have been asked "Are you sure your not having twins, your big to be due in April" and "how far along are you 8 months or more, your big"

Im really getting upset thinking im massive for where i am at with the pregnancy.....Hope i am not alone, is anyone else feeling like this?

Re: Fragile......

• I am getting comments, and they certainly don't make me feel good. The comments are opposite though, like "you don't look big enough for 28 weeks" and "didn't your doctor tell you that you need to eat more?" I mean, what the heck do you say to that? Thank you? So offensive when people make suggestive comments like I'm starving my baby. What it comes down to is people are just so RUDE and don't think before they speak. I try not to let it get to me, but I'm sure you know it's tough not to let this stuff get under our skin. My patience has been running thin, and I've been thinking of some snide comeback for the next smart Alec who comes along. Needless to say, I'm with you! We are on the home stretch though, and just remember there is such a great bundle of joy at the end of all this. What matters is that WE know we and our babies are healthy, not unimportant opinions. The only opinion I take note of is my doctor's. This will all be totally worth all the intentional and unintentional verbal beatdowns we have endured along the way!! Hang in the mama!
  • I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I keep hearing that I barely look pregnant but my doctor is telling me that I'm gaining too much weight (I've gained 20 lbs so far).  I'm getting conflicting messages and it's very upsetting.  No matter which side people are on, I feel like I'm not doing the right thing 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • People have been asking me if I'm having twins or about to pop since I was 10 weeks pregnant.  The joys of ignorant comments while expecting, lol.  Don't stress about your weight because you are going to gain plus your doctor isn't concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I definitely have a complex too! Though I haven't gotten any awful comments, I just know I'm getting big and I can't imagine how much bigger I will get! I just don't have to interact with too many people that would say anythig. I'm sorry they are saying things to you! People are so rude.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Same here. I'm just not used to seeing my body this way. Some days it's harder to look in the mirror than others!
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJanessLynn:
    Same here. I'm just not used to seeing my body this way. Some days it's harder to look in the mirror than others!

This. I try explaining this to my husband when he is trying to be helpful and tell me not to get upset because my stomach is the baby's house and it's a good thing that it's growing. I understand the process but it's hard to see myself this way.
    I get the "you look so good and you're really only carrying in your stomach... But your stomach is big" comment. Umm thanks for the sideways compliment I guess?
    I think people just don't know what to say so they say what they see not realizing it may not come off so well. Some days it makes me not want to leave the house. I mean, I know I'm pregnant and I know I'm big so I don't need you telling me over and over again or staring at me thankyouverymuch!
  • This is just one of those situations where you can't win, as size (just like beauty) seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Someone might tell you one day you look big, then someone else will tell you how small you are. Just ignore them.

I get the "big" comments all the time. I'm used to them now. And truth be told, I do carry big. Depending on my mood, I'll go with a curt "No, there's no twin and yes, I am sure I am X weeks along" or "I KNOW (how big I am) and I can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm 8 months" (<-- That's when I'm in an especially good mood, though) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I get big comments ALL.THE.TIME. It honestly doesn't bother me, because I really do look ginormous. I put it down to how short I am and that the baby really has nowhere else to go except OUT. I do wonder what I'm going to look like at 9M, though! I feel so big now at 25w I can't imagine!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get these comments all the time, and recently had a complete stranger ask me if I'm due any day now. It's horrible, but try and not let it get too you. I'm sure you look perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • himy name is misty, i seen probably an old post so i was hopeing it would be ok to write u and ask for you to reply if u dont mind. My husband have been tc and I work at a wight loss clinic that gives the B12 and HCG (hormone pruduced in the plecinta during pregnany) im trying t say it makes u fertile after a few injections . I read th old blog and u ordering something online and it helped. Can i ask your opinion on this? Should I try those HCG shot w/ B12 ? or is it a bad idea?

Thank you .

Misty M

pz e-mail me. its easier, im never on thebump.com

misty_mosley@ymail.com

• imagejennery:
    imageMistyStorey05:

himy name is misty, i seen probably an old post so i was hopeing it would be ok to write u and ask for you to reply if u dont mind. My husband have been tc and I work at a wight loss clinic that gives the B12 and HCG (hormone pruduced in the plecinta during pregnany) im trying t say it makes u fertile after a few injections . I read th old blog and u ordering something online and it helped. Can i ask your opinion on this? Should I try those HCG shot w/ B12 ? or is it a bad idea?

Thank you .

Misty M

pz e-mail me. its easier, im never on thebump.com

misty_mosley@ymail.com

wth....

LOL.  Its most likely spam...She's been reported.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"