October 2012 Moms

FFFC

Getting it done before I go into work! 

Heres mine: A pregnant friend at work asked to borrow my maternity clothes. I lied to her and said I already lent them to someone else.  They're packed up under my bed. I don't want her wearing them out!  They were expensive! 

Re: FFFC

• imageRVASC811:
    I do my hair every day. And makeup about 5 times a week. It's like a sickness. I think I inherited this from my mom, and I hope I don't pass it on to my daughter!

Your husband/partner is lucky!  I was like this pre-baby. Now.....not so much and I'm sure DH wishes. Now that I'm back to work I do make up 5x a week though, but by the time he sees it its been on my face for 9hours and looks gross!  

• imageRVASC811:
    imageSarelnad:
    Getting it done before I go into work!nbsp;Heres mine: A pregnant friend at work asked to borrow my maternity clothes. I lied to her and said I already lent them to someone else. nbsp;They're packed up under my bed. I don't want her wearing them out! nbsp;They were expensive!nbsp;
    That is not flameful! Mine were not expensive, but if it were not a good friend, I'd be worried that I wouldn't get them back or they wouldn't be taken care of.

I feel so guilty though!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageRVASC811:
    I do my hair every day. And makeup about 5 times a week. It's like a sickness. I think I inherited this from my mom, and I hope I don't pass it on to my daughter!

I guess mine could be I am lucky if I remember to brush my hair in the mornings and now it seems like once a month that I wear make up! Lol

I was never really taught how to put on make up. I like the dramatic eye look but anytime I attempt I think it looks horrible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This was just down right mean and I did apologize, eventually.

Its a long story but DH basically dumped me for work without any notice on a very busy day with the kids last weekend.  I told him I wished he would wreck before he got there. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I sometimes wish ds2 would cry more often to make me have a little bit more inspiration to go back to work. Right now, hes just so laid back and fun that leaving him is going to be impossible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really dislike our dog. She has cherry eye and allergies and it makes me feel like she's dirty even though she's very well taken care of. I don't pay much attention to her except for to feed her and take her on walks. She doesn't like me much either and gets sad when DH goes out of town. I feel bad about it but she drives me crazy with her scratching and barking at every little noise that happens outside.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also, I let my kids swear every once in a while without punishment as long as its used in an appropriate situation.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I buy expensive clothes for me. I buy expensive clothes for the kids.
    I'm a materialistic snob. Sigh.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LO goes to daycare part time because I started class on Monday.  I usually drop her off on my way to class and pick her up on my way home rather than leave her for the full 5 hours each day.  Well, after two nights of getting very little sleep and LO waking every 2 hours to feed, I drove right past the daycare center and went home on Wed.  I got a glorious 1.5 hour nap.  Then I picked her up without feeling the tiniest bit guilty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get irrationally excited when someone quotes or agrees with my posts or likes my status on the FB group. It makes me proud of myself all day.
  • I let LO watch spongebob when he wakes up... He's entertained and I get an extra few minutes to relax before the day begins.

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • imageShabyKitty:
    I really dislike our dog. She has cherry eye and allergies and it makes me feel like she's dirty even though she's very well taken care of. I don't pay much attention to her except for to feed her and take her on walks. She doesn't like me much either and gets sad when DH goes out of town. I feel bad about it but she drives me crazy with her scratching and barking at every little noise that happens outside.

This makes me so sad for your dog.
  • imageexpectingnugget:
    I get irrationally excited when someone quotes or agrees with my posts or likes my status on the FB group. It makes me proud of myself all day.

Haha me too!

My FFFC I hope my DH catches my cold. The baby has been sick and I feel like crap and DH keeps telling me I'm being dramatic, as he goes out with friends or works late. He hasn't been very helpful at all. Karma is a biatch buddy.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH has been sleeping on the couch for the last week because of a cold, and frankly I hope he doesn't return to our bed any time soon.  LO is still sleeping by our bed, and he sleeps so much more soundly without my husband in the room.  (He snores and is just a restless sleeper which apparently distrubs LO.) 

Maybe I should be thinking about moving LO into his nursery, but I'm just not ready yet. 

image imageimageimage

• imageMrschica:
    I let LO watch spongebob when he wakes up... He's entertained and I get an extra few minutes to relax before the day begins.

This is me everyday, except DD watches Wubzy. It's the only way I can get her breakfast ready, and I eat too!
    M/C Nov 9, 2011 at 11 weeks.... We love you & miss you Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never clipped LO's nails. If they get long, I gently tear them off (they are so freaking soft!) while I'm nursing him. I have an irrational fear of using the nail clippers and I've tried emery boards and they just don't work! 

My nail clipper fear goes back to when I took piano lessons as a child. If my nails were too long my piano teacher would hastily clip them off. A few times she drew blood. I haven't even used nail clippers on myself...  

DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I let DS2 sit in the bumbo next to DS1 while he played with his Thomas trains and I vacuumed the entire house. DS1 is only 2.5, so I'm not sure I can really trust them alone together, but DS1 has taken a new liking to DS2 and wants to "play trains" with him, but it's usually with me playing too. I finished in 25 minutes and checked on them every few minutes. It needed to be done badly, and I can't do it when DS1 naps because it would wake him up and DS2 naps at the same time, so I have to do it when they are awake. A freshly vacuumed house makes me incredibly happy, and after this week, I really needed that.

Another one: DH got home after 10 last night (this is not the norm, but it has been all week, and he's been going in before 6am.) I wasn't sleeping well already because I was worried about him not being home yet, and around 11, he started groping me to have sex, and I wacked away his hand, kicked him, and told him he was crazy if he thought I was going to put out right then. Mind you, DS2 has not been sleeping for more than 3 hours at a time and has been screaming all week after every feeding and I'm already at my wits end and exhausted. Still, I feel guilty for being such a crappy wife. 

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imagehboo2011:
    imageShabyKitty:
    I really dislike our dog. She has cherry eye and allergies and it makes me feel like she's dirty even though she's very well taken care of. I don't pay much attention to her except for to feed her and take her on walks. She doesn't like me much either and gets sad when DH goes out of town. I feel bad about it but she drives me crazy with her scratching and barking at every little noise that happens outside.

I'm sad that I don't like her because I wish I did, but I'm not sad for her. She's incredibly well taken care of and sometimes I'm convinced DH loves her more than the baby. Just because the dislike is there doesn't mean I don't do things for her. We still go for walks, and have snuggle sessions on the couch, hell I even let her take showers with me because she loves it. I just get super pissed when I've finally got the baby down to sleep and she decides to bark at a car driving by.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used LO as an excuse not to go see my dad in the hospital while he was on a ventilator.  I didn't want to see all those tubes down his throat.  Once they took him off I had my mom come watch the baby so I could obese him.
  • imageVegasbb:
    I have never clipped LO's nails. If they get long, I gently tear them off they are so freaking soft! while I'm nursing him. I have an irrational fear of using the nail clippers and I've tried emery boards and they just don't work!nbsp;My nail clipper fear goes back to when I took piano lessons as a child. If my nails were too long my piano teacher would hastily clip them off. A few times she drew blood. I haven't even used nail clippers on myself... nbsp;

I chew hers off.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I hate fake family that asks for your help all the time but doesn't return the favor when you desperately need it.

And I hate SAHMs that b!tch about their job and how it's so hard yet has other people watch the kids all the time so they can go shopping and get pedicures with money they don't have
  • imageShabyKitty:
    imagehboo2011:
    imageShabyKitty:
    I'm sad that I don't like her because I wish I did, but I'm not sad for her. She's incredibly well taken care of and sometimes I'm convinced DH loves her more than the baby. Just because the dislike is there doesn't mean I don't do things for her. We still go for walks, and have snuggle sessions on the couch, hell I even let her take showers with me because she loves it. I just get super pissed when I've finally got the baby down to sleep and she decides to bark at a car driving by.

Maybe use a white noise machine while the baby is napping?  That way the barking won't seem so loud.

My FFFC: We are going to Disney in March, we go every year.  But there have been some major expenses this year- buying a house, DH lost his job (but found a new one), LO came, and I stopped working- financially we should skip going this year. But then I start to cry when I think about my Disney scrapbook missing pictures of DD as a baby. And after all we've been through the past year- I want a vacation sooo bad.

• FIL comments on every single photo I post of LO and almost all of my status updates, I want to unfriend him because his comments annoy me.

• I pretend the baby is fussy after dinner so I can get out of the dishes. Not too flameful but this is almost every night, sometimes after my husband cooked.

Also, I've returned a lot of the clothes we've gotten as gifts lately because I either don't like them or have too many in that size already. She really doesn't need that many clothes and I'm super picky about what she wears.
  • I miss reading DH's Playboy!  It really DOES have good articles! ;)
  • imagenickell5:

This was just down right mean and I did apologize, eventually.

Its a long story but DH basically dumped me for work without any notice on a very busy day with the kids last weekend.  I told him I wished he would wreck before he got there. 

i feel like this is flameful for sure.... my H drives an hour to work everyday and I'm terrified he'll crash sometime in the winter... different perspectives I guess but you were THAT mad you'd say something like that?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrschica:
    I let LO watch spongebob when he wakes up... He's entertained and I get an extra few minutes to relax before the day begins.

haha this was going to be my confession too.. except he watches mike the knight and bubble guppies and loves it a little too much.. I feel like it isn't too bad bc I am washing his bottles and eating breakfast after all! .... still i think him liking tv is a bit of a parent fail.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageellcore:
    imageVegasbb:
    I have never clipped LO's nails. If they get long, I gently tear them off they are so freaking soft! while I'm nursing him. I have an irrational fear of using the nail clippers and I've tried emery boards and they just don't work!nbsp;My nail clipper fear goes back to when I took piano lessons as a child. If my nails were too long my piano teacher would hastily clip them off. A few times she drew blood. I haven't even used nail clippers on myself... nbsp;
    I chew hers off.

This.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• DH comes to bed an hour or two after DS and I go to sleep. Last weekend he woke me up to get it on. I was so tired and kept silently wishing DS would wake up so I didn't have to. Hey, I need my sleep!! After though, I felt like a better wife ha ha!!
  • When the pedi asked if we were putting Jovanni on his back I lied and said yes because I didn't feel like getting a lecture. I also use Jovanni as an excuse to get out if things, alot.

• imageMrschica:
    THIS! My LO watches it in the morning while I am getting dressed for work. If it makes her happy and she does not scream I will gladly let her watch it!
  • I was up all night coughing my fool head off. As soon as Alice is done eating, I fully intend to taker her back to bed with me. We may very well sleep till close to noon.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagenycgirl88:
    DH comes to bed an hour or two after DS and I go to sleep. Last weekend he woke me up to get it on. I was so tired and kept silently wishing DS would wake up so I didn't have to. Hey, I need my sleep!! After though, I felt like a better wife ha ha!!

My husband wakes me up for sex, he gets punched in the balls. LOL I don't do well getting woke up.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageOlivebeinmamma:
    I hate fake family that asks for your help all the time but doesn't return the favor when you desperately need it. And I hate SAHMs that b!tch about their job and how it's so hard yet has other people watch the kids all the time so they can go shopping and get pedicures with money they don't have

All of this! 

Mine: I wish SD16 was 18 so she could move the eff out already. She is such a flucking snot and getting her to do anything around the house is like pulling teeth from a hungry lion. Aside from all the normal teenage BS, she is just.so.rude. IMO DH is way too easy on her and lets her get away with way too much. I try to talk to him about it and he throws it back to me and it royally pisses me off. She is a kid. You are her father. FLUCKING PUT HER IN HER FLUCKING PLACE.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• ...I may have some unresolved anger towards her. Whatevs....I'm having a really hard time with her lately and it's making me want to move out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• imageexpectingnugget:
    I get irrationally excited when someone quotes or agrees with my posts or likes my status on the FB group. It makes me proud of myself all day.

I think you are my AE.  Seriously this.  And I get sad when I don't get a comment, like, or quoted.  So here's another for you today! ;) 

• I just fed Jovanni and I know he needs to burp or he will be up 10 minutes after I lay him down..but bf is fast asleep next me and I'm irritated so I'm laying Jovanni down and going downstairs knowing that he will wake up and bf will have to burp and rock him back to sleep.

• imagehboo2011:
    imageShabyKitty:

Me too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRennan7:

imageexpectingnugget:

I think you are my AE.  Seriously this.  And I get sad when I don't get a comment, like, or quoted.  So here's another for you today! ;) 

Hehe thanks for stroking my ego. Also, everything about Playboy is awesome. I guess my new FFFC is that I'd marry Hugh Hefner. Maybe it's because I dig history and old things, but I don't think he's that unattractive and I could put up with wrinkled balls for some fat cash.

• imageSarelnad:

Heres mine: A pregnant friend at work asked to borrow my maternity clothes. I lied to her and said I already lent them to someone else.  They're packed up under my bed. I don't want her wearing them out!  They were expensive! 

I wouldn't let anyone borrow my clothes either.  I'm a really bad sharer.  I'm an only child - I told DH we need to have another baby so our kids are better at sharing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"