December 2012 Moms
Options

Baby Mason is finally here

This week has been the fastest week of my life. I was induced last Friday at 5:30am. My doctor told me going into it that I had a 50/50 chance of having a csection since LO was very high, and i was barely effaced or dilated. We tried to be hopeful of a vaginal delivery though. They started pitocin around 6:30am, broke my water at 9 and then the contractions started to get really strong. I broke down and got the epidural and everything was fine. I usually have low blood pressure so the anestiesiologist came in to give me a shot of aphedra in my IV. As soon as he did that my heart rate and blood pressure sky rocketed. I couldn't catch my breath, my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest, and then LO's heart rate went way down. They tried moving us around and giving other things to counteract the reAction I was having but then LO's heart rate disappeared from the monitor. They tried 3 different times to get a reading from an internal monitor and they got nothing. My nurse started calling people trying to get things ready for a csection. Within 35 minutes I was in the OR and my dr was there along with a ton of nurses. My husband was brought in and as soon as he sat down, they began. My LO was born at 2:10pm and weighed 7lb 7oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. Me and my husband cried when we heard his first cries and then soon they were both leaving to go to the nursery. It turns out that LO was sunny side up and his back was arched back causing him to be distressed and not tolerate labor. He is perfect and beautiful now and that's all that matters to me. We are adjusting now to life as a first time mom and dad and we are so beyond in love.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Mason is finally here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"