December 2012 Moms

episiotomy healing?

I gave birth on 12/26 - just over 2 weeks ago, and still having pain & uncomfort at my incision site.. is this normal? I am worried there is something wrong, and it shouldn't take this long to stop hurting

thanks! 

Re: episiotomy healing?

• I didn't have an episiotomy but I do have a second degree tear and an internal vaginal tear. I gave birth on 12/27 and I still hurt. I think everyone heals differently but unless there are signs of an infection odor, fever, increased pain I think I have to just wait it out. I am definitely feeling better just not as good as I had hoped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I had my LO on 12/15 and really turned the corner as far as my episiotomy goes after the 1st of the year. Everything else was feeling fine but the incision felt funny or fragile. I kept up with the foam all, tucks and sitz baths and now I can't even tell I ever had one. Fwiw I had the equivalent if a 2nd degree tear.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Loading the player...
  • i had an episiotomy on 12/20 and it just stopped hurting with in the last week or so..  give it some time..  your bodys been through a huge trauma.  and it even still hurts sometimes( when i have a bm mostly)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an episiotomy and a 4th degree tear on 1/3.  I religiously used the Dermaplast, water bottle, and Tuck's soothing pads and took Motrin and Percocet around the clock for a week.  In the last couple of days I have noticed the pain drop off considerably and have stopped taking the meds.  It's still a little tender near the stitches but otherwise a huge improvement.  Hang in there, it will get better!
  • I gave birth on the 29th, episiotomy 2nd degree equiv, and is still a little but tender, but what really hurts is the hemorrhoids i got from pushing! One is especially close to there so I know that's where some of the pain comes from.
  • I gave birth 12/10 it took approx 4wks for me to feel completely normal down there. I had a 3rd degree tear also. Give it more time.
  • I had a 2nd deg equivalent episiotomy on 12/29 and my pain level seems to fluctuate, but there is always some every day. I can still see the stitches so I know there must be healing going on still. For the most part I'm off meds, sometimes I take a Motrin though. If I don't overdo it then I'm ok, but if I move weird when getting out of bed or walk too much then it hurts. Like running errands for 3 hrs at 2 wk pp, I could barely hobble back into the house! If you're worried call the dr, you can at least talk to the nurse about it.
  • I gave birth on 12/3 - 11:13pm after 22 hours.  Ended up with a 2nd degree episiotomy.  I was very worried about the stitches and going to the bathroom.  I had them start with a stool softener after birth along with the 800mg motrins after a recommendation from my L&D nurse.  She was great.  I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I was stashing up all the goodies  -  tucks, numbing spray, pads, cream, etc from each nurse when they asked me if I was running low so I would have an ample supply at home.  In the beginning I felt like I gave birth out of my butt instead of vaginally!

I was religious about using all the products and my cut healed very quickly without hurting at all.  I have to say I thought it would tear when going number 2 for the first time, but my worst time was after it was healed.  My PP bleeding stopped at 3 weeks and today I'm pretty much 100% at 6 weeks and 3 days PP.  I go to the dr tomorrow. 

I would give it another week or so and keep using all the products.  They really help!  GL

<BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"