February 2013 Moms

XP- Contrax are back. No point in calling, right?

So I posted here a few weeks ago because I was having contrax and was 50 effaced at 33 weeks (my older DD was born at 36 weeks.) I was told then to take it really easy until 36 weeks. I'm now 35 weeks and some days and have been having contrax on and off for a few hours. Not painful but uncomfortable, and maybe every 7-8 min for the past hour or so.

So, my question is at 35 weeks I'm pretty sure they won't consider stopping labor or doing steroids so there's probably no reason to call the after hour line unless it seems like it turns into active labor, right? Am I missing a reason to call?

FWIW I have every desire to keep baby cooking for at least a few more weeks but I'd rather not go into LD if they wouldn't do anything right now anyway.

Water and lie down, right?

Re: XP- Contrax are back. No point in calling, right?

• If the water and lying down don't do the trick, a hot bath will usually do it for me.

• Ok, on call doc said that if they get to 45 min to call bc they would consider a " token effort" at slowing things down with a shot of terbutaline.
  • Loading the player...
  • At my appointment Monday mine told me to come in he would try and stop it till I hit 37 weeks and wanted to check baby's lungs to see if I needed steroids if contractions started.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just got off of a couple weeks of bed rest after being in a similar situation. I'm at 36 & some days and my doc told me that 50% of docs will try to stop labor at 35 weeks and 100% of docs will not stop labor at 36. Maybe she is off a bit on her numbers but I do think you are right: put your feet up, drink lots water and hope that you get another week or two baby free to take care of your business and so your little one can finish cooking.

Good luck! 

• I have been contracting on a regular basis for weeks now and my doctor said now that I am 35 weeks they won't try to stop my labor. The last few days they have been more intense so I am trying to take it really easy. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've also heard most won't try to stop labor after 35 weeks, interesting that your L&D said they'd make a token effort. Hopefully things have quieted down for you, though.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• DS2 was born at 35.5 weeks and they didn't do anything to try to stop my labor.  My OB said he wouldn't do anything after 35w to stop it.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"