Breastfeeding

We did it!

I just wanted to post and offer some encouragement.

Breastfeeding is HARD. It takes time, effort, dedication  as well as body and/or baby to cooperate.

My daughter and I made it to 21 months . It was the most challenging thing that I have done at times and also the most gratifying. It's so amazing what your body can do and my daughter and I loved 95% of our breastfeeding journey.

There were times where it would have been SO much easier to throw  in the towel and start giving formula, but I didn't want to. We struggled with supply issues, reflux, mastitis, clogged ducts, bleeding nipples, tears, cracks, bleeding etc. and we made it!

Setting short term goals through this journey helped me see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want to make it to one week of breastfeeding turned into a month, which turned into 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year, 18 months... Maybe this will help you too.

I encourage you to not give up! You can do it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We did it!

• Congratulations! We're at almost 14 months and still going strong. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Woohoo! Congrats! I agree- small goals are the way to go. I did 2 weeks, then 3 months, and we are quickly approaching 6 months... now... on to one year! Thanks for tooting your own horn- it gives us gals hope! Congrats again momma!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for this post. It's exactly what I needed TODAY! :)
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Congrats!  And the best part is, it's so much easier with #2.  I haven't had a single issue (no bleeding, no supply issues, no clogged ducts, no soreness) that I had with #1.  So, the experience just keeps getting better.  Yeah BFing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! This is amazing... I am 23 weeks pregnant and I fully plan to breast feed. The only issue that makes me nervous is my nipples invert. So hopfully all will be ok. Zip it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"