March 2013 Moms

Whats in your Hospital Bag?

I have been seeing alot of hospital bag ideas on Pinterest. I was wondering what you were packing? Maybe we can put together our own March 2013 Momma's Hospital Bag List with all of the ideas!  Smile

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Whats in your Hospital Bag?

•  My bag:

night gown

nursing bra

robe

slippers

2 pairs of socks

3 pairs of c/s underwear

my going home outfit (active pants and t shirt)

extra hair ties

1 of my menstral pads (for ride home, I use theirs there)

my towel and bath pouf

make-up (yes seriously) and make-up removing wipes

travel bottles filled with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion & hair gel

brush

facial cleaner

toothbrush and paste

cosmetic bag for all bathroom stuff

cell phone & charger

camera, charger & empty memory card

snacks for me

Diaper bag:

memory book

baby's going home outfit

blanket for car seat

pacifier

swaddle  blanket

baby wash & lotion (my hospital doesn't bathe them or supply this)

towel & wash cloth

My personal advise:

using alcohol on the umbilical cord slows the process. I used it everytime I changed my son and it took 5 weeks to completely fall off. I never used it with my daughter and less than 2 weeks it fell off.

I'm getting a c/s and will request a step stool to get in & out of bed

I request 4-5 pillows for support

When I change a diaper, I put 1 on the baby and 1 in the diaper bag, lol.

I take everything in the drawer and especially the nasal aspirator and tape measure.

If you have a c/s, walk as soon as possible or you will be really hurting later.

• So far I've put: toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary napkins, washcloth, towels, nursing bra, underwear...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A few things I have that I don't see here

Freezes (to make snow cones with the ice chips)

Pen (to fill out all the paper work)

change for the vendine machine

Snacks

DH's things (swim suit, blanket, toilettres)

Music

little bottle of bubbly! and some little glasses.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It probably doesn't need to be in your bag right away, but I'd throw one of your own pillows in the car. I had texture issues with the scratchier linens the hospital used, so I sent DH home to get my own pillow. You can buy a new pillowcase and toss it after you leave if you're a germaphobe, but I enjoyed having my own pillow and a softer pillowcase the 2nd night.

I also brought my laptop and charger to the hospital. It gave me something to do while I was in labor. (I had an epidural.)

• great ideas! Its great to hear different perspectives of what to bring.

• imageSQuaid:

A few things I have that I don't see here

Freezes (to make snow cones with the ice chips)

Pen (to fill out all the paper work)

change for the vendine machine

Snacks

DH's things (swim suit, blanket, toilettres)

Music

little bottle of bubbly! and some little glasses.

First, I love the idea of bring freezes! Do you know if you can eat Italian Ice? I want to start stocking up on that :)

Second, never thought of bringing Champagne but I will definitely be sliding that into my bag!

• i'm not quite packed yet, but here's my list of things:

clothing: 3 nursing bras, 3 underwear, 2 yoga pants, 2 nursing t-shirts, 3 socks, 1 pair flip flops, 1 zip up hoodie

toilettries- travel size where available: shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderent, contacts solution and case, hair tie, q-tips, nursing pads, maxi pads.

purse: wallet with ID and insurance cards, and $20 in 1's for the vending machine, chapstick, tylenol and prenatal vitamins, glasses with case, phone with charger, camera.

baby: 1 newborn outfit, 1 0-3 month outfit, light weight blanket, mid weight blanket, hat.

other: large bottle of water, crackers, 1 soft and light blanket 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cough drops! My room was so dry that I had to send DH out to them for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not sure if I saw this on here, but I plan to bring a small docking station for my iphone to play some tunes. Music is big for me. I may even make a playlist if I have time!
  • did anyone bring their boppy pillow if they planned on BF? I know your milk doesnt come in for a few days but I want sure what everyones thoughts on this were.

• I have been looking at lists also. As a ftm I'm so nervous that I will forget something essential. My neighbors just had their first on Monday. Momma and baby came home yesterday. I'm definitely going to talk to her and see what all she brought, didn't bring and wish she had, and didn't really need to bring but did. Plus she delivered at the same hospital that I'm going to deliver at so she will know what they provided.
  • Thought of another one, small note pad to keep track of gifts for thanks yous. If you are breast feeding you can use it to remember which side you nursed on and how long.
  • I was also advised chapstick.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My bag: yoga pants, long and short sleeved tees, socks, nursing bra & cami, camera & charger, toiletries, makeup, snacks, slippers, underwear, robe, nursing pads, and a nightgown... among other things.  :)

My husband's bag: sweatpants, tees, underwear, socks, snacks, toiletries

Baby's bag: swaddle blanket, pacifier, a few outfits/onesies, hat, vaseline (trick - coat their bottom with a light layer of it and their first poop won't be hard to wipe off, first poops are like tar)...

Laptops will be grabbed on the way out the door - or if I leave from work, I'll take my work laptop.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I saw in one post a husband was bringing swim suit?! Just curious about the swim suit!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • get a donut pillow for in your car... your hoo ha just might thank you for it!
  • imageLindzb3:
    I saw in one post a husband was bringing swim suit?! Just curious about the swim suit!

Probably getting in a birthing tub? Just a guess.

• Probably getting in a birthing tub? Just a guess.
     Thanks, I never thought of that! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"