March 2013 Moms

XP: Child care- initial contact questions?

We have begun researching child care options for our little guy.  He'd probably be starting in July at 4 days per week.  I'm at the point where I'd like to reach out to make some initial contact with some providers (we are looking at an in-home daycare situation), but I am finding myself stumped as to what to put in the original email contact. Any suggestions or guidance?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

Re: XP: Child care- initial contact questions?

• Off the top of my head, these are things I have asked in the past.

Do you have an open door policy, can I show up whenever I want?

Do you have CPR training?

Where would the baby be napping?

How many kids do you have, ages?

What would a day look like?

Have you ever looked after kids this age, other than your own?

Do you have pets, smoke?

What are your hours, is there a penalty if I am late?

That is all I can think of right now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh and ask for references and police check.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member

Initially, the biggest question for me would be if they would potentially have an infant spot available in July and if they'd be willing to do 4 days a week.  After that, pp had some good questions. :-)

For in-home, I'd also want to know if they are licensed.  I'd eventually want to know who are the individuals that would be watching my child.  For example, who would cover if they are sick or have to run an errand. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• imagekeg:

Initially, the biggest question for me would be if they would potentially have an infant spot available in July and if they'd be willing to do 4 days a week.  After that, pp had some good questions. :-)

This is what I decided to put in the initial email.  I'll save the other suggested questions for future points of contact.  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• OP, I'm glad you asked this question.  I'm starting my daycare search too and I was pretty clueless about what to ask.  Thanks to everyone for these great ideas!  This is really helpful. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"