Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

1) What items would be on your bucket list?

2) To the dads with kids in the world already, how has fatherhood been for you?  About what you expected?  Better?  Worse?  What surprises have you run into?

3-5 are you

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) What items would be on your bucket list?

Most of my list involves travel, places I want to see.  Aside from traveling, I'd love to shag fly balls in Wrigley Field, or even just get on the playing field and run the bases or something.  I would say sky diving, but I wouldn't risk it now that I have kids... I almost did it years ago, but never got to it.  Cage diving with a great white shark maybe, again, probably something I'd never do now that I have kids.

2) To the dads with kids in the world already, how has fatherhood been for you?  About what you expected?  Better?  Worse?  What surprises have you run into?

It has been all of the above, in different respects.  It has been better in many ways, just the amount of love I have for him is just so much more than I even imagined.  The worse would have been the sleep deprivation, and my wife was a trooper and did most of the night feedings when she was on maternity leave, and even after.  The surprises would include the amount of love, how fast time flies by, how fast the 2nd pregnancy has zipped by as compared to the first.

3) Wife just had a growth scan ultrasound due to her gestational diabetes.  He is measuring right on track, which they estimate to be about a 7-7.5 lb baby (plus or minus a few pounds), so we assume he'll probably be about 9.5 lbs.

4) IU is getting into the meat of their schedule, hitting the ranked teams in the Big Ten.  Somehow I don't see the winner of the Big Ten regular season escaping with less than 4 losses as strong as the conference is.

5) How in the world am I only 6 weeks and 4 days away from being a dad again???  I know I've said this multiple times, but man, when you have a toddler, the pregnancy flies by and one day she tells you that she's pregnant and the next day it seems as if he's here.

Bunch of travel stuff.  Skydiving.  I don't really keep an actual list though.

N/A

3) I've been strangely productive around the house recently.  It's almost like I listened to myself with my New Years resolution!

4) Without cable, I am feeling very disconnected from the college basketball season.  I have a feeling that I am going to break and get cable or a dish by next fall.

5) I think we are going to be touring the hospital and signing up for classes this weekend.  Another step toward being a dad!

• Loading the player...

Um, I would like to do a lot more traveling. My passport only has a few stamps and that is unacceptable. I'm also trying to talk my wife into flying to Maine and driving down the coast....I've never really seen that part of the US and I would love to take a few weeks and see each state. I broke down the travel time between states and its less than an hour for most. The wife hates driving, but she could handle an hour or so every other day while we see the East Coast, right? Other things....I need to so sky diving, one day I want to have an actual six-pack, but that's becoming a distant memory the older I get and I'm sure there's more, but they won't come to me until I'm driving home.

I honestly like my kid more and more everyday. He is pretty awesome now that he is past the infant yelling all day phase. I'm a 100% hands on Dad...if I had my way I would be a stay-at-home dad and really go crazy with the job. Unfortunately I do the cooking, cleaning and shopping now and work 50+ hours so my wife doesn't see a reason to change it up. Sad times.

3. My parents came in town this week and meet their grandson for the first time. It was really awesome and my kid is a really happy baby, he smiles at everyone and baby talks non-stop, so that made the visit much more enjoyable. They also bought him a crap load of stuff....he didn't need any of it, but it made them happy.

4. I attended my first parent's meeting at my son's day care center, it's part of a school district so they have specific guidelines that make it operate like a school. I find all of this awesome and I volunteered to be the room parent for my son's class. I'm slowly becoming the stay-at-home parent little by little AND I'm freaking excited!

5. Because my parents bought my son all kinds of random stuff I because a brat and asked for an iPad mini for my hard work creating the kid, plus my birthday is in a week or so....hell yeah, totally got a iPad mini! Now I have to work hard to stay away from naughty sites. Crap!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDavidStamps:

5. Because my parents bought my son all kinds of random stuff I because a brat and asked for an iPad mini for my hard work creating the kid, plus my birthday is in a week or so....hell yeah, totally got a iPad mini! Now I have to work hard to stay away from naughty sites. Crap!

Or just learn how to delete the history on it... Don't give up!

Nothing like skydiving.  More likely travel of some kind.  I'd like to go to Germany at some point.

N/A 

3) The wife and I are both getting over colds.  She absolutely loves being 4 days past her due date with a cold, especially not being able to take anything for it.

4) At the appointment today, the OB asked my wife today if she'd be willing to come in on Sunday Morning instead of Sunday Night for the induction.  I, knowing how much my wife is hating pregnancy right now, half-jokingly said "I think she'd come in tonight if you asked her."  So the OB offered to have us come in tomorrow night.  So she's being induced tomorrow night, so in theory my kid should be born before the weekend is over!

5) Is now an acceptable time to panic? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWillicus:

4) At the appointment today, the OB asked my wife today if she'd be willing to come in on Sunday Morning instead of Sunday Night for the induction.  I, knowing how much my wife is hating pregnancy right now, half-jokingly said "I think she'd come in tonight if you asked her."  So the OB offered to have us come in tomorrow night.  So she's being induced tomorrow night, so in theory my kid should be born before the weekend is over!

5) Is now an acceptable time to panic? 

Hope everything goes well!

...and yes, yes it is

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"