October 2012 Moms

UO

UO

What do you have???
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• I am predicting that piercing may end up here today...

I like frozen meals. I don't care that they are full of sodium or preservatives, they are so much faster and easier to make!

• I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.

please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home  

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate camping and think it is stupid. I have nice conveniences in my home like a bed, A/C, a shower, etc.. why would I give that up and pretend to be homeless as a "vacation" ? I'm hoping if LO likes camping this is something his dad can do with him and I can stay home ! 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I love the snow. Whenever it snows in Utah everyone complains about it and I get so annoyed. You live in a place where it snows a few times a year. Get over it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;

My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;
    My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

• imagemeganole25:

I don't like when married people don't wear wedding bands.

Although, I feel really wrong because I've gone to the store twice this week without my rings on. Totally forgot to put them on during the day.

Also, I don't think eye piercing should be done on girls until they are old enough to ask. I got my for my 5th birthday and I remember being so excited to be a big girl. 

I myself am against eye peircing at any age Big Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

DS1 goes to preschool 2 days/week for 2 hours. We do it primarily for the social interaction, but also so he has something fun to do during the week. It doesn't really give me much of a break, but it makes him happy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!
  • imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:

I think sometime between 2 and 3 it is good for children to start some type of part time preschool / daycare.Gets the children use to being in a class, playing with other kids, listening to adults besides parents.  Parents tend to over help there children and I feel at daycare/preschool children learn to be more independant.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageirish city girl:
    imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:

DS1 goes to preschool 2 days/week for 2 hours. We do it primarily for the social interaction, but also so he has something fun to do during the week. It doesn't really give me much of a break, but it makes him happy.

Sending to preschool or a few hours of care a day is not at all the same as sending a kid to full time care. No need to justify it!!!
    Birthday

• imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:

^^this

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• imagerachelmichelle1:
    imageWally3:
    imagemeganole25:

Although, I feel really wrong because I've gone to the store twice this week without my rings on. Totally forgot to put them on during the day.

Also, I don't think eye piercing should be done on girls until they are old enough to ask. I got my for my 5th birthday and I remember being so excited to be a big girl. 

Giggling uncontrollably. ;) 

Lol... agreed

• I think it should be a law that cars are required to drive with lights on at all times. I'm sick of seeing cars without their lights on in the fog, rain, snow, dusk, a combination of those, etc. It pisses me off.
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

• imageChrisG83:
    I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!

Indifferent

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken...

• I dont necessarily believe in long term "monogamy".  I think it goes against reproductive evolution. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    I dont necessarily believe in long term "monogamy".  I think it goes against reproductive evolution. 

Yes

• imageChrisG83:
    I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!

You ma'am, are my new best friend. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemeganole25:
    People who want to start solids early are crazy. I have no interest in the poop, mess or added cost. Glad I can use the preemie excuse to hold off till 8 months.

Agree 100%.. I'm dreading the 6 month mark for this reason!  

DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:

some of the women who play tennis at DH's club were telling him how we should send Ethan to day are so I can go out... Seriously? I'm going to send my child to daycare so I can go shopping??? For socializing I can go to mommy and me classes, or maybe send LO to a play group for one or two hours a week... It just doesn't make sense to me 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • imagenickell5:

imageChrisG83:

This... you want this as our president. 

• No to eye piercing, yes to ear piercing. No to Ted Nuggent. Yes to monogamy.

My UO is that most nights I like getting up with DD. I like that its our time and I get a smile, and then I rock her to sleep. It's special and I know it will be gone too soon.
  • Speaking of politics, I think the Tea Party group has a lot of smart things to say...you just have to wade through the crazy to get to it.  And that scares me.  America needs to do something.  This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and our rights are being trampled on.  Government is too big, and they're too powerful.  But the loudest group is the Tea Party, and on the cover, they're pretty much nuts.  That makes people point and laugh rather than sit down and actually listen to what they're saying.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagesjgurl784:

imagecandaceleigh21:
    I dont necessarily believe in long term "monogamy".  I think it goes against reproductive evolution. 

Yes

Maybe I have the UO in that I believe in monogamy. Candace can you clarify what you mean by "long term monogamy"?

• imagekplaxco85:
    No to eye piercing, yes to ear piercing. No to Ted Nuggent. Yes to monogamy. My UO is that most nights I like getting up with DD. I like that its our time and I get a smile, and then I rock her to sleep. It's special and I know it will be gone too soon.

So true. 

• I hate Les Mis. I won't see it. I think the story is lame. I'd rather clean my toilets.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageWally3:
    imagemeganole25:

I'm still laughing at this!
    My UO is that I don't think it's a big deal to get a baby's ears pierced. Maybe because my parents are from Colombia and all baby girls get their ears pierced. I don't even remember getting mine done. But if we had a girl and my DH was against it, I'd wait. No biggie.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemrs.ike:
    Speaking of politics, I think the Tea Party group has a lot of smart things to say...you just have to wade through the crazy to get to it.nbsp; And that scares me.nbsp; America needs to do something.nbsp; This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and our rights are being trampled on.nbsp; Government is too big, and they're too powerful.nbsp; But the loudest group is the Tea Party, and on the cover, they're pretty much nuts.nbsp; That makes people point and laugh rather than sit down and actually listen to what they're saying.

Totally agree.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't stand SMH, KWIM, and NBD tacked onto the end of sentences on FB/TB.  They make me stabby. 
  • imagemeganole25:
    I don't understand when people say they can't cook. What? You can't follow directions?

I can't bake. I follow the recipe to a T, and it tastes like crap. Burnt crap, even when I set a timer. I've tried shaving a few minutes off times listed, lowering the oven a few degrees. Doesn't matter. The only thing I can bake is pecan pie.

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageMrschica:

If it is part time I don't see the issue. Daycare or preschool provides children with skills you just don't get at home. If I were a sahm my kids would start part time at 3 in a preschool.
  • imagemeganole25:
    I don't understand when people say they can't cook. What? You can't follow directions?

When I say I can't cook, I mean I can't think of something good to make more complicated than a box of pasta and a jar of sauce.  I'm good to go with a recipe but usually don't use them because my kitchen is horribly stocked (equipment and foodwise) and there's always one obscure ingredient I need but don't have and don't want to buy for this one recipe. 

I'm a decent baker though.  Baking just makes sense.  Cooking is too complicated. 

• imagenealbl:
    imageMrschica:

If it is part time I don't see the issue. Daycare or preschool provides children with skills you just don't get at home. If I were a sahm my kids would start part time at 3 in a preschool.

Um, no. This belief that preschool is a necessity is baloney.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesjgurl784:
    imagenickell5:

imageChrisG83:

This... you want this as our president. 

Yes I can't possibly think of a worse person to be president. In fact, it makes me cringe to say this, but I'd rather Sarah Palin or Donald Trump be in the Oval Office than him. What about this man makes you want him to run our country?

• I think it's obnoxious when people have their pregnancy ticker right above their "my baby is X age" ticker...and it is referring to the same kid.  Sorry, you're not 53 weeks pregnant.  If you have time to add a kid ticker, take out the pregnancy ticker.

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagemeganole25:

imagemrs.ike:
    I think it's obnoxious when people have their pregnancy ticker right above their "my baby is X age" ticker...and it is referring to the same kid.  Sorry, you're not 53 weeks pregnant.  If you have time to add a kid ticker, take out the pregnancy ticker.

Yea, that annoys me too. 

This makes me wonder what my siggy looks like now. This mobile bumping is easier than logging onto the laptop at home but I have not seen a siggy or pm in months!

• Good for Justin Beiber for smoking weed. Who gives a shiznit if he does? Most young people experiment, he doesn't have a family or major responsibilities, etc. As a matter of fact, I could care less if anyone smokes, as long as they don't do it around their kids and are still a functioning, productive person. It is beyond ludacris that it hasn't been legalized yet, although I don't personally care for it.
  • imagebellre:
    imagesjgurl784:

imagecandaceleigh21:

Yes

Maybe I have the UO in that I believe in monogamy. Candace can you clarify what you mean by "long term monogamy"?

I was wondering this too. Does this mean against marriage or against 1 sexual partner and what is considered long?

• imagebellre:
    imagesjgurl784:

imagecandaceleigh21:

Yes

Sure! I guess for me it all stems from reproduction. Women are only able to create life once a month in a very small window of time where as a man can produce life multiple times a day. If we are meant to do nothing else on this earth, it is to multiply and fill it with other humans. I just dont think that a "forever relationship" bodes well for the purpose or multiplying. I also think that there is a reason why the beginning of relationships are so fun and exciting and sexual but over time, these things decrease substantially. Maybe this is not true for everyone, its just something i have been thinking about.
  • I have another one..sorry!! I have never smoked weed or done any other illegial drug but I am all for having harsher punishments for drinking and driving and less punishments for smoking weed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"