Babies: 0 - 3 Months

napping

DH and I are very much for on demand parenting with our little guy, we tried the whole routine thing since everyone told us was best and he was so miserable, he's much happier this way.

He's 11 weeks, 12 on Friday, and sleeps 8 to 9 hours through the night which is so nice. Then during the day, he'll just do a bunch of little naps anywhere from 50 to 90 minutes. I've just heard from other mom's that their little ones would take a few 2 hour naps a day and that's all.

I'm not worried at all, he's a very happy baby and hitting milestones like a champ, I'm just curious if anyone else's does this and if he'll stay down longer and less eventually?

-KB

Re: napping

• DS was a cat napper for months. He finally grew out of it around 8 months, and started taking 2 2-3 hour naps a day. Now he takes one 2-3 hour nap a day. It does get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just read your post and am incredibly jealous. My LO still wakes up every 2 hrs at night (ravenous) to eat and only takes about three naps a day at 30-45 minutes a piece. I can usually squeeze in an extra nap or two that last an hour or so if I let him nap in my arms or wear him in the baby carrier. He just hates sleeping. I'm exhausted. Good for you, that you have such a good sleeper!!
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Loading the player...
  • oh i've heard of the wakeful period!! getting ready for that!
    thanks, i'm glad he'll get to longer naps soon and others have 'cat nappers' like him :]

-KB
  • oh my goodness! hehe. he was like that till about 2.5 months. hope it gets better for you!!
    -KB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"