Nurseries and Baby Gear

City Mini Issues ' Need Recs

So DS is now almost 11 months old and is starting to dislike our City Mini.  It reclines and can not sit him up completely straight and I think it makes him uncomfortable.  

Does anyone have recs for what to do, or a stroller that has the ability to keep kiddo sitting straight?

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: City Mini Issues ' Need Recs

• Hmm...we have the BJCM too and doesn't go straight up but close. Is your child fighting the stroller or what are they doing to make you think they aren't comfortable? My DS always seems comfy in his.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelynn97:
    Hmm...we have the BJCM too and doesn't go straight up but close. Is your child fighting the stroller or what are they doing to make you think they aren't comfortable? My DS always seems comfy in his.
    He tries to hold himself up so he's sitting up straight but gets frustrated.  
    Photobucket

• Loading the player...
  • Do you have the belly bar? He can use that to pull himself up all the way, I've seen a number of babies doing this in various strollers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • I think there is an insert you can buy to make the back a little more upright. We have a City Mini Single and Double and my kids just pull themselves up using the tray or the belly bar.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaandg:
    I think there is an insert you can buy to make the back a little more upright. We have a City Mini Single and Double and my kids just pull themselves up using the tray or the belly bar.

I would recommend this.  I did have the Backboard on my City Mini with DD#1 and she seemed to like it better with the board than without.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Are you having the issue even with the Velcro "upright" straps attached on the sides of the frame? When my DD started to want to sit upright we secured those velcroed straps and now she is happy with the angle.
    I know that the "upright" straps are on 2011 and newer models in case that makes a difference.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • I got the city mini when my son was about that age to keep in the car for quick trips. For the exact reason you stated we only used it twice. He hated not being able to sit up straight and seemed uncomfortable. We just went back to using our other stroller and now the city mini is just sitting in the garage. : Sorry I don't have a suggestion... Just wanted you to know we had the same experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBrandiGreen:
    I got the city mini when my son was about that age to keep in the car for quick trips. For the exact reason you stated we only used it twice. He hated not being able to sit up straight and seemed uncomfortable. We just went back to using our other stroller and now the city mini is just sitting in the garage. : Sorry I don't have a suggestion... Just wanted you to know we had the same experience.
    What other stroller did he prefer?
    Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"