3rd Trimester

Anyone else have no patience for their toddler?

The further along I get, the more cranky and impatient I get. At least DH understands what's going on. My toddler, on the other hand, is still wanting mama to be all chipper and play on the floor all day. Please tell me I'm not the only mama who is not a good pregnant mama.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else have no patience for their toddler?

• I am not getting cranky, but I do have to tell him that mommy needs more breaks and can't play horsey or piggyback anymore (I just get too darn winded) and when he drops his toys behind the furniture, I tell him "oops, I guess Handy Manny is just going to stay gone for a while."  He always wants to climb into my lap (that is not new), but I have increasingly less lap for him to sit on.  And he likes to snuggle on my belly at night, but he can't do that anymore. 

Thank goodness my husband is awesome and understanding and can tell when I am getting to the end of my rope.  He swoops in and roughhouses with our son, much to the boy's delight.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Right there with you. All she wants is either me playing on the floor or picking her up/carrying her up/down the stairs, etc.

I'm beat, and stressed about how she'll handle my physical limitations as I get bigger and after delivery.... Sad

• Loading the player...
  • You are not alone. I am almost resentful for my 2 year old right now. He is so happy and chipper and AWAKE. I just want to rest and then I will get really mad and frustrated with myself for not being a 'better' mom. I am struggling. My toddler also loves climbing all over me and at this point in my pregnancy I don't want anything touching me. That has been a hard one too. Ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • you are not alone! I feel the same way and I am only 27wks. I can't imgaine what the next few weeks is going to be like.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh yes, it's getting up and down off the floor all the time with her that's really getting old.  I'm trying to get her to play at the table or on the couch with me more!  We live in a 3rd floor walk-up apartment and I stopped carrying her up and down the steps sometime around 28 weeks, I think.  I lied to her and told her that mommy's doctor said I'm not allowed to carry her up the stairs anymore.  She complains and whines, but doesn't asked to be picked up!  That helped a lot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One of the reasons I can't wait to not be pregnant is that I feel like he's being cheated.  I cannot keep up with him.  I wasn't allowed to pick him up for weeks because of some bleeding issues.  That's tough because he doesn't understand.  I am so thankful for day care, honestly, because he can run and play all he wants.  At home, I can tell he wants to go outside but I'm not up to chasing him right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Strangely, I seem to have developed a bit more patience for him lately.  But I still try to avoid playing on the floor because my back hurts so badly, and he doesn't get that.  However, I have had NO patience for my dog!  I can't even stand to have her breathe on me.  I am being a horrible doggie mom.  I feel very guilty but she is really the most annoying dog ever.  I don't know how to get the "love" back.   Oh, I'd also say I am probably not a very good wife right now. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Im glad to read these. The past two days I have had zero tolerance for my 3 year old and 22 month old. My crankiness is making them fight and in turn making me more inpatient and angry. I called dh at lunch yesterday crying so he would come home for 15 minutes so I could hide. Im so tired and feel smothered. Cant wait for the baby to come, I feel like the worst mom ever!!!

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • *raises hand* oh right here! I feel so bad because I get so frustrated with her so quickly...she wiggles around when I'm trying to get her dressed and I can't keep up with her like I used to. I feel terrible because I can't get on the floor and play with her and be as fun as I used to..oh and I'm exhausted which means I'm already crabby and then if I take my blood and my sugars aren't as good as I like them that makes me crabby too. I'm a real peach to be around these days I'm sure. haha
  • DD is 3.5 and her Montessori was closed from 12/19-1/7... I have never been so happy to go back to work in my life- and I feel bad for saying that but she is wearing me out. Last night she wanted us to dance in the living room which is essentially spinning her around in circles, I can only handle that for so long. So then I sit on the couch for a second to rest and she tells me I can rest in her bed in her room while I watch her play...  And poor DD thinks that when he takes her to her room to play and leaves me in the living room by myself I get refreshed (which on't get me wrong is VERY sweet) but he worked a good portion of the time that I was at home with DD and I would like to spend some time with him- so when I'm all alone in the living room I get all sad and pregnant crazy emotional... He can't win...
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I try not to take it out on him and instead end up snapping at my DH, incredibly loving, patient man that he is!   J constantly grabs my hand and wants me to get up and follow him around or he'll ask to be in his high chair and then as soon as I sit down he wants out of it and then he wants back in and then he wants to walk laps around the room and have me follow him..... sigh   Instead of snipping at J, I look at my DH and give him the "oh gee, no you stay there, let me get up again, I'm not sore and tired or anything, just carrying your baby is all"   Yeah, I'm passive aggressive :) 
  • Me, but in all honesty it has less to do with my pregnancy than it does with his behavior lately. I know DH is getting super frustrated, too. The closer we get to 3yo, the antics are just out of control. I have such a hard time not losing my shitt sometimes - especially at bedtime. Oy.
  • I'm potty training right now and we're having issues at daycare, so yeah. My tolerance level is way down and I'm having trouble controlling my emotions. DH might just have to step it up a notch if all "4" of us are going to survive the next 13 weeks. 
  • imagedrpayne:
    One of the reasons I can't wait to not be pregnant is that I feel like he's being cheated.

This is how I feel too. It isn't so much losing patience with him as much as it is being frustrated that I can't be the "same mom" that I was before being pregnant.

There are times that he wants me to get on the floor and play with him, or jump/dance with him, give him a bath, rock him, etc. and I just can't most of the time. FI has picked up the slack a lot, but I feel bad when he says, "I want my Mommy to do it." :-

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejamiedsgirl:
    However, I have had NO patience for my dog!  I can't even stand to have her breathe on me.  I am being a horrible doggie mom.

And also this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am losing my patience for DS climbing all over me. It has gotten totally ridiculous the last few days. I can't sit anywhere near him without him climbing on me.  

• I am this way with my 5 year old.  But I have no patience for anybody really. lol
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have noticed I am far less patient with my nieces and nephews.  I feel horrible for feeling that way :(
  • Her climbing all over me is driving me nuts way more than I should. 

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• I'm a SAHM of a 22 month old and I'm fine during the day and tend to be pretty patient but by the time my husband gets home I NEED a break. He was sick last week so I went through two days with no breaks and I thought I was going to go insane. It made me really thankful that I wasn't a single parent! 
  • imagejamiedsgirl:
    Strangely, I seem to have developed a bit more patience for him lately.  But I still try to avoid playing on the floor because my back hurts so badly, and he doesn't get that.  However, I have had NO patience for my dog!  I can't even stand to have her breathe on me.  I am being a horrible doggie mom.  I feel very guilty but she is really the most annoying dog ever.  I don't know how to get the "love" back.   Oh, I'd also say I am probably not a very good wife right now. 

This is definitely my life right now, I could've written this! I am usually very affectionate with my dog and now she gets yelled at for even looking a me wrong lol. She is quite naughty though (probably because I'm too tired to walk her!).  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"