Natural Birth

Natural Induction question

Does anyone have any insight regarding the effectiveness of seeing a chiropractor, acupuncture, or doing prenatal massage for natural induction? I am 40w 3d and hoping for a med free delivery. I am currently 2+cm, 75% effaced, baby is +1 station and engaged. Thanks for any insight.

Re: Natural Induction question

• It's all pretty anecdotal.  I tried black cohosh (dissolved under my tongue) and evening primrose oil (putting pill in my vagina as close to my cervix as possible) and it seemed to help, but I really don't know for sure.  Black cohosh would bring on contractions, but they only stayed when I was really ready. 

Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I tried acupuncture and massage that hit the labor inducing pressure points hard. Neither one worked for me. Baby was high and I was not dilated or effaced much at all before I was ultimately induced at 41w2d for medical reasons.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have insight on the methods you asked about, but with DD1 it was nipple stimulation that put me into labor.  Granted, my body was ready by that point but that's what jumped started my contractions.
  • I did accupressure, EPO, and castor oil, and had my membranes stripped all within 24 hours. The castor oil didn't make me all that sick at all. The thought of how it felt still makes me gag though. DO NOT mix it in anything cold. Within 8 hours of the castor oil (last thing I tried) I was in labor. Good luck mama.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nipple stimulation really helped me get from stuck at 8.5 and 0 station to 10cm (still 0 station - I was pushing/breathing down for 1.5hrs after). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks.

At 37 weeks I had my membranes stripped and my first acupuncture treatment. I also started taking EPO and drinking RRLT. I amped up our daily walking as well. I also did nipple stimulation every other night or so.

My membranes were stripped again at 38w1d. I was 1 cm and 75% effaced and +1 station. I started pumping nightly at 38w 3d. My last acupuncture treatment was 38w5d, to no avail - no contractions at all at this point.

I cleaned and walked, and bended and lifted all day on Saturday, 38w6d and finally pumped for twice as long (20 minutes total) at midnight on Sunday (39 weeks) when my contractions started and never stopped. My daughter was born later that day.

I don't know if anything was actually effective at starting labor, but something finally did the trick and I did not have to be induced. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FWIW, I was induced (via Pitocin) and thought my "natural birth plan" was out the window. I was about the same as you - 2+ cm, 80% effaced. They gave me Pitocin for less than two hours before things kicked into high gear. They let me come off, and I had a "natural" birth otherwise. Wasn't so bad...I was miserable at the end and ready for DS to come out. Good luck!!!

• good old fashion sex worked for me :) totally natual!
    Read about my journey through mommyhood -book on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/nomomjeans imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"