High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Subchorionic Hemorrhage

This is my second pregnancy and the first one was completely normal with no issues at all.  At around 8 weeks I had terrible bleeding (I'm talking bleeding with a lot of bright red blood like a heavy period).  I went to ER and was told I had a moderate sized subchorionic hemorrhage.  My OB put me on pelvic rest with no heavy lifting and repeat ultrasounds to check the size every 2 weeks.  Everything was going ok and the size of the hemorrhage at least wasn't getting bigger until a couple days ago.  I spontaneously started bleeding again as heavy or worse than the last time.  Again we went to ER and they told me the same thing as before and the bleed was relatively the same size.  Baby has been looking great with HR and size right on track.  I guess I'm just getting worried that I have had to major bleeds in a couple weeks and I'm only 13 weeks.

Has anyone else had these types of problems and what did your OB have you do to prevent more bleeding?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrhage

• Options
    I don't have any experience with sch, but I know a lot of women do. Hopefully you can get some good info here. Prayers it stops and shrinks.
  • Options
    At 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd I was diagnosed with a subamniotic hemorrhage. By 12 weeks I was heavily bleeding. I was placed on bed rest and told by my doctor to take some homeopathic remedies everyday. By mid pregnancy the hemorrhage had resolved itself. It was really scary going through that and I did bleed a lot along with passing some clots but I now have a healthy 2 year old. The things I took can be found on Urielpharmacy.com under women's health. It was the tormentilla cochlearia menstural support pellets and Chamomilla cramp relief pellets.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this and was put on progesterone pills until 15 weeks and pelvic rest (for 2 weeks) both times. My re told me that as the baby gets bigger it usually heals itself. At my 20 week anatomy scan it was completely gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the support and guidance!  I went in today for another u/s and they saw two small bleeds.  So for now I'm on bedrest at least until my u/s next week to make sure the bleeds aren't getting bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"