April 2013 Moms

Baby flipping

So I know that baby being breech isn't necessarily an issue at this point, since she's still got all the time in the world to get ready. However, I swear she keeps changing positions almost every day. I obviously don't know if she is kicking or punching but I feel like she is breech one day and head down the next because I will get all the movement in my low abdomen and none above my belly button and then it will be the opposite. Is this common for babies to flip so often at 25 weeks? Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Baby flipping

• I obviously don't know what a punch is & what a kick is but I feel like my baby keeps flipping or swimming or doing something in there at least three times a day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I noticed LO flipping today for the first time.  I actually felt him flip over and it made me nauseous, albeit, super cool to feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel this all the time...some days it feels like I'm getting kicked in the bladder and punched in the rib cage, and the next day the kicks and punches are more towards my sides.  But this being my first pregnancy, I don't know what's going on in there!  I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks, and I'm hoping I remember to ask about this.  But I may forget, my preggo brain has been getting the best of me lately. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I never actually feel her flip at least I don't think I do so I'm not even sure if she is. I do feel odd sensations. Maybe that is it?
  • I just found out at my appointment today that our LO is breech (transverse). Argh! My midwife didn't seem too concerned at all and said that baby has plenty of time to flip, and she wouldn't start to be concerned until 34/35 weeks. LO still has plenty of time to flip. When I was pregnant with Tony, he went from being vertex at 35 weeks to frank breech, back to vertex again around 37 weeks. I have NO idea how he did it with hardly any room in there! Such a stinker. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't tell what exactly I'm feeling either.

I did get a fun kick to the crotch yesterday.  Very odd to feel that from the inside. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having frequent u/s and everytime I go in, the girls are in a different position. So I would say, yes, normal!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Baby flipping is a totally weird sensation, I get a queasy feeling in my belly, like the feeling you get when you feel like you're almost going to pass out. I  have to stop whatever I'm doing until he finishes. This happens at least once a day, if not more. And it feels worse now that he's getting bigger, he'll roll and then I'll get a punch/kick down near my vag and up near my ribs. Cut me a break, little man!!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO still seems to be flipping around all the time and I am 27 weeks now.

• I am high risk and have an ultrasound monthly.  Every single time they say she is breech "but don't worry she has plenty of time to flip."  I feel her moving but she must be really comfortable in the breech position because she always goes back to it.  So, even if they get my LO to flip I think she will go right back to her favorite position.  I just don't know where she gets her stubborn streak Wink
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"