May 2013 Moms

Baby girl momma's!

For those of you have little pinkness like me. Are you planning on peircing her ears early on?? Why or why not? I really want to although if she has pain-tolerence like her mom and dad, anytime later will be fine too...

I think I want to just cause she is already my doll and I have/am getting way to many frufru for her... so why not complete with peirced ears? My lovely little Keira ;D

Re: Baby girl momma's!

• There was just a post about this last week I believe. I'm not sure where it is on the thread, but just thought I'd let you know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having two girls and I do not plan to pierce their ears. At least not until they are old enough to ask for it themselves. I just don't see the point. They're human beings, not dolls. Why risk the possibility of infection? Just my opinion though, to each their own...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I had not really thought about it but I probably would not until she was older. I think I was 10.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not.  With L, we didn't either.  She started asking for earrings this summer and we went in November.  She was 26 months.  I figure, if she was old enough to "continuously" ask for them and knew it was going to hurt, I'd let her get them.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I wont do it with DD until she makes the request and takes on the responsibility of hygienic maintenance with them. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecaymarks:
    There was just a post about this last week I believe. I'm not sure where it is on the thread, but just thought I'd let you know.

Here it is: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70983902.aspx

• if i have a girl, i'll wait until they ask themselves. I waited until I was 6, and I remember my mom asking what I wanted for my birthday, and I said I wanted my ears pierced and pretty earrings. I think around that age they'll be mature enough to understand whats happening, and to not pick at the earrings and make them infected or bleed. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm really not a fan of piercing little ones ears. My reasons are that I don't like to see them in little ones anyway but mainly because it's painful and the risk of infection.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will wait until she asks and can keep her hands off of them.  My parents didn't allow me to have mine pierced.  That was a big thing my dad was strict on.  I couldn't get them pierced until I was at least 13, but by that time I was in sports all year round and couldn't get them because they weren't allowed to be worn during competitions whether running, softball or basketball.  I got them pierced five years ago when I was 25.  I know I won't be as strict with my little girl as my parents were, but I will most likely wait until she is in elementary school.
  • We are going to do it early on because it's a cultural and family tradition. I still have my very first earrings that I will pass down to my daughter when we pierce her ears.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFaitheliza:
    There was a post on this previously. Personally, I won't be piercing my daughter's ears until she's old enough to ask to have it done and manage the responsibility of maintaining the piercing. 

Exactly.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageFaitheliza:
    There was a post on this previously. Personally, I won't be piercing my daughter's ears until she's old enough to ask to have it done and manage the responsibility of maintaining the piercing. 
    All of this.
  • imageFaitheliza:
    All of this.
  • imageFaitheliza:

This. I personally don't care for babies having their ears pierced. 

TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did not with DD. I plan on doing it when she asks for it.  We'll make it a special event and let her pick the studs etc. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• No, I definitely wont do it.  She can have them when she's old enough to understand and ask for them.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We are waiting. I remember for my 7th birthday my mom took me to get mine pierced and I would like to do the same with my daughter.

I personally don't like the look of earrings on babies, but that's just me.

• We pierced DD's ears at 6 months. DH and I were both in the fence about waiting or doing it right away. We decided to do it because of my personal experence with getting mine pierced and me being a control freak about keeping them clean.

It worked out great. She cried for a couple seconds and never looked back. I kept them clean and she has had them for 10 months with no issues.
  • We will not. It will be her choice at an age where she can handle the responsibility.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We will not. It will be her choice at an age where she can handle the responsibility.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't want to pierce her ears as an infant/toddler because it would just be one more  thing to have to worry about with her.  My hubby and I decided we will let her have her ears pierced when she's old enough to want it herself and ask for it.  I was around 5 when I asked for mine to be done, so I expect little Ella will want it around that same time. :)
  • When she is 10, she can have it done if she wants
  • I had my dd ears pierced at 6 mo and as long as we had 14k earrings it has been fine. She cried more from the snapping noise then from the pain. We walked out of there with her happy as can be. She wears them 24/7 and is getting ready to turn 2 and she is fine with them. She doesn't remember anything, less stress on her I think.
  • imagelindseyjane03:
    I am not.  With L, we didn't either.  She started asking for earrings this summer and we went in November.  She was 26 months.  I figure, if she was old enough to "continuously" ask for them and knew it was going to hurt, I'd let her get them.  :)

This! If my daughter continues to ask for them, then I would do it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • My husband and I went back and forth on this when my daughter was born. We came to the conclusion that we didn't want to add another thing to the list of things to clean and take care of. We say that she can have them whenever she asks for them, no matter her age. If she's old enough to ask, then she's old enough to take care of them. 

I worked at Claire's in college and pierced many infants' ears, and it's not the most fun thing for a mother. You literally have to pin your child down so they can't interfere with the piercing. With that said, if you're fine with cleaning them on a daily basis to avoid infections then I say go for it. 

• We're still on the fence about this. Partly, we would like to get it done as an infant for various reasons, and, partly, we want to wait because I remember having to wait and being really excited for it! But then again, there is always a second piercing she could get in college if she really wants it done...

So basically I don't know for sure yet :) 

• I will absolutely not be piercing my daughters ears. My mom did mine when I was a tiny baby and granted I don't remember it now, but I think my children should be able to make that decision for themselves. Also it will teach them about responsibility if you wait until they are older and they have to clean it and take care of it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • No.  It's a completely personal decision.  But I personally don't think someone should have pierced ears until they're old enough to take responsibility for them and do the care as needed.

Also, I've heard some talk that the holes end up in odd places on the ears as the kids grow. 

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • I don't really care when others do but i don't plan to. I'll wait until she wants them done even if that's 2 or 3 or 12. She may decide she doesn't want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"