May 2013 Moms

Shower?

When is everyone planning their showers? Im due May23rd and have the date April 13th... Is there a too early or too late?

There are some crazy cute ideas on pinterest if ya'll havn't found them yet. I am having a girl, so the pinkness is too fun!

I'm doing a creat-it station for keepsakes from people. I'm gonna have some onsies, blocks and bibs for people to decorate with cute sayings.

Re: Shower?

• i would of love to have mine earlier, but mines set for april 21st, due may 22nd.
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am NOT planning my own shower.

The hostess has scheduled my shower for March 9th.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a perfect date for me! Not sure I'm having a shower this time around, but during my 1st pregnancy, I had my first shower about 8 weeks before my EDD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due May 30th and my shower is April 27th.  I'm actually kind of nervous to have it that late, but the location we wanted only had two dates available and that was the more reasonable of the two.
  • I'm due May 19 and one of my friends is throwing me a shower sometime in March.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that's a good time to have have it. I'm due May 9th and one shower is on March 16th and the other March 24th. I'll be 32 and 33 weeks along.
  • My hostess and I have decided on March 2nd. It's a little early but March and April are very busy for my family with birthdays and we have a friend getting married in April with wedding festivities planned throughout the month. Since we have a very close group of friends I decided to go with a day that I don't think anything has already been planned. 
  • Cool thanks ladies! Sounds like we have a good date. Yeah I thought I may have to do it the first week of May as I have 3 sibling b-days in April and don't want to steal their time, but conveniently the week of the 13th was available!
  • I'm due 5/1 and my shower dates are 3/9 and 3/30.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I'm due May 5 and my shower is being planned on March 23. I'm not involved at all in the planning, but since my mother and sister who are planning it are coming from 1500 miles away, they wanted to make sure it was on a weekend that worked for me. (Plus, my childbirth classes are in March, and I needed to make sure it wouldn't conflict.) I toyed with April, but wanted more time to shop for things I still needed after the shower, before I was too tired/too big to move. haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I won't be having one this time around but with my DD my friends planned it around the time is was 32 weeks, still early enough for me to enjoy it. Plus had I had it any later, I would have ended up buying everything on my registry... I wanted to have the nursery done by 36 weeks.
  • I am due May 29th and I'd like to have my shower mid April or so. I am not sure of the dates yet as the hosts have not started to plan.
  • I wish someone else would plan mine, but as my mom had to go spoil my life and inform me she is divorcing my dad of 22 years. I am now on my own for planning ;( They finish everything in March... my 20th birthday, as for now she is in an apartment alone...
  • I'm due on May 28th and I'm having two showers. My MIL is throwing me one in NY on March 24th and my mom is throwing me one in PA on April 20th.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DS#2 due 11/9/15

• My Mom is throwing me a shower in my home state March 24th. MH mentioned having a co-ed shower (I know, right? Adorable) mid-April. I told him that it'd be a little tacky for us to plan and throw our own shower, so maybe his Mom or SIL would do it?
  • My mom is hosting my baby shower on April.13 and my csection is scheduled for May.6. We are only doing a "Bare Essentials" baby shower since this is baby 2 for us.
  • My sister is planning mine for March 24th in Memphis since I hv to drive 5.5 hrs away.Im being induced on May 13th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image2010Bride2be:

I'm not planning my shower, so I don't know anything. Just as a I knew nothing for my bridal shower. I think for my bridal shower my sister asked for a list of names/addresses maybe a month or 2 before, but that's about it. Perhaps it will be the same this time around.

OP...regardless of your situation, please don't plan your own shower. It's tacky and gift grabby. Ultimately, you and your child's father are responsible for providing for your baby. A shower is a gift in itself.  If someone doesn't offer to throw you a shower, then you don't have one.

This. If stuff is happening with your mom, maybe a friend would throw you a shower. Throwing your own is beyond tacky. Sorry.

To answer your question, I am due May 5 and my mom is throwing me a family shower February 10 (a little early but they are moving at the end of Feb), and my friends are throwing me one March 30.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • May I ask why it's tacky to plan your own?? This is my first baby and I'm 20 I've never heard of it being tacky Embarrassed
  • imagebananers:
    image2010Bride2be:

I'm not planning my shower, so I don't know anything. Just as a I knew nothing for my bridal shower. I think for my bridal shower my sister asked for a list of names/addresses maybe a month or 2 before, but that's about it. Perhaps it will be the same this time around.

OP...regardless of your situation, please don't plan your own shower. It's tacky and gift grabby. Ultimately, you and your child's father are responsible for providing for your baby. A shower is a gift in itself.  If someone doesn't offer to throw you a shower, then you don't have one.

This. If stuff is happening with your mom, maybe a friend would throw you a shower. Throwing your own is beyond tacky. Sorry.

To answer your question, I am due May 5 and my mom is throwing me a family shower February 10 (a little early but they are moving at the end of Feb), and my friends are throwing me one March 30.

Sorry, I'm with them. Maybe a friend or another family member (aunt, cousin, sister, etc.) would offer if they knew that your mom wasn't going to throw you one. But don't throw your own.

Anyways, I'm due May 5th as well, and I actually already had my shower- my mom had it December 28th because Spouse and I were home for the holidays and wouldn't be back again until next Christmas (we live on the opposite coast of my family). So that was pretty early but nobody seemed to take issue with it, since it was the only time it made sense to have it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewannabemommakristal:
    May I ask why it's tacky to plan your own?? This is my first baby and I'm 20 I've never heard of it being tacky [:]

Simply because it seems a little gift grabby. People aren't required to give a pregnant woman gifts and baby showers are simply a formal request for them. Kinda like planning your own bachelorette party.

My shower is being thrown by my mom. Due may 7th and the shower will be end of match beginning of April
  • *happily joins the near beer*

O wow... never thought. Actually sadly enough it is about the gifts ;) While hunny and I make decent money, I was hoping to have a load lifted in possibly receiving some diapers and stuff... lol

*embarrassed face*

• imagewannabemommakristal:
    happily joins the near beer
    nbsp;O wow... never thought. Actually sadly enough it is about the gifts ; While hunny and I make decent money, I was hoping to have a load lifted in possibly receiving some diapers and stuff... lol
    embarrassed face

At least you're being honest. Who doesn't love getting gifts right? But the PPs are right. Hopefully youve got a friend who can host because you absolutely should not. You would be inviting everyone to bring you gifts.

I'm due may 20th and my mom is throwing me a shower on march 23rd and 2 of my aunts are throwing me one toward the end of April. I kind of wish we could do it earlier but that is what works for them!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure who in my family is throwing me a shower.  My grandma asked me when I wanted it done and I said I would prefer March.  I'm due May 14 and I don't want to do it too late. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • I had a shower at 21 weeks when I went to visit my family in Canada for Christmas. My MIL and cousin are throwing a co-ed shower for us sometime in late March, when I'll be around 33 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• My cousin and sisters are planning one for me but I have no idea when. I'm sure they'll let me know when it's closer. I figure probably towards the end of April of beginning of May. I am due May 25 but they usually cut things close.

I don't think there's a too late. Some people are quite uncomfortable at the end of pregnancy (I was last time) but at least at a shower you can just relax. (or at least I plan to)

I know the shower will be low key because I like it that way but I wouldn't care whatever is planned. No games and no creative stations, just lots of food drinks and talking.

• My sister is having one on Feb. 17th.  It's early but it's also 600 miles away, so I didn't want to travel very much later.  I think my church will have one, but it's not scheduled yet.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• My friend is hosting one at the end of March. She asked me when and I selected the date based on my spring break. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am due May 3rd and my shower is March 9th. My mom booked it two months out so I'm not too uncomfortable at the shower.

• I'm due May 7th and my shower is scheduled for March 16th.  This is mainly because spring break is that week for both myself and DH's niece who is planning on coming with MIL, SIL, and Aunt in-law. 

My friend is hosting the shower so she is pretty much coming up with all ideas other than using the theme we have picked for LO's nursery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SIL is throwing me one on Feb 23
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• I am due May 14th. My first shower is March 9th in my home state.  My second shower where I currently live is scheduled for April 13th.  My mom is planning them both.  My BF and MIL are helping as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm due May 5th and my shower is the first weekend in March. My SIL is kind enough to throw it, and originally had asked how I felt about it being the second weekend April, but I told her I was nervous (I'm a FTM) about it being less than a month from my due date...since I have no frame of reference for how I'm going to feel. Luckily she understood and hadn't started planning anything at that point. 
  • Two friends are planning mine but asked for help choosing a date. We decided on March 9th (around 30 weeks) for two reasons. 1. April is when 90% of our friends have their birthdays including me. 2. My DH's dear Aunt who lives far away is in town for business that weekend and she gets to attend! I love this aunt because she was never able to have kids gifted us a baby blanket that her mom have her as a wedding present. My DH is not the oldest, but she adores him and clearly me. It was an amazing gift and I can't wait to use it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I'm due April 30/May 1 and the hostess has scheduled my shower for February 17.
  • I haven't narrowed my date down yet.  A friend is throwing it for me and she asked me what dates would be good and I told her anytime in March or early April.  I'm due May 21.
    DD 1 born 8/14/07, DD 2 due 5/21/13 BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"