June 2011 Moms

s/o outgrown toys

What can I do with stuffed animals??? We have a few that are near and dear that they will have til they are adults and some others that they play with but really, there is an abundance of fluffy, stuffy things that I am ready to chuck. Does ANY charity take stuffed animals? All the consignment sales and stores do not take them and the few places I have donated toys do not take them. And if another pillow pet is brought to this house!!!!......we have 5 for a total of 2 kids....

Can you see that I am in January clean up/out mode? lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o outgrown toys

• I think I have dropped some off at Salvation Army.  They were in a bag with a bunch of other items so I'm not sure if they accept them or just didn't notice.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try calling local family or womens shelters.
  • Loading the player...
  • Try some of the police departments in your area.  Some departments in our area will take them and carry them in their trunk.  If there is a situation where they have to remove a child from a home for example they will give them a stuffed animal for comfort.
  • I think it is either Toys for Tots or the Salvation Army that will except gently used stuffed animals.  I know one of our school groups has collected them in the past.
  • Thanks everyone!! I'll check out the suggestions. We have some gently used stuff and I'm glad to share it with someone who could use it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Because you can't clean stuffed animals most places will not take them any longer because you can pass diseases around.  I am not sure what you can do with them unless you have friends that are going to have kids that you can give them to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"