February 2013 Moms

Anyone have a Subaru Forester or Honda CRV?

DH and I went out looking at new cars this weekend...what a pain! I was not looking forward to it at all. Anyway, we are down to 2 cars the CRV and the Forester....both have many similarities and a couple differences.

Just wondering if anyone has either of these cars and would you recommend it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a Subaru Forester or Honda CRV?

• We have a 1999 and 2008 Forester (not one of the newer models). We love them and will be looking to sell the '99 and get a newer model Subaru this spring.
  • My sister owns a 2008 CRV and my husband, and two of my best friends own Foresters. Hubby's is a 2009(the new model), friends both own earlier versions. 

Subaru owners LOVE their cars. The only reason my sister didn't buy it was because of the AWD, she didn't want to have to replace all 4 tires at the same time EVERY time.

You can't go wrong with either, but IMO the CRV is just a little more comfortable. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a 2012 Forrester and as PP said Subaru drivers love their cars. I highly suggest it. We didnt have any issues with carseats not fitting well, theyre very safe and best of all is the gas mileage, which is unbeatable.

• I have a CRV. I love it. I've had it for about 2.5 years and I have almost 80k miles on it. Still does really well. I won't lie, though... if Subaru had been willing to work on the price, like Honda did, we would have gone with the Outback (it suited us better than the Forester). Subaru owners love their cars, but you can't really lose either way. Both hold their value very well and there's a reason neither have really overhauled their designs by much in the last few years. The new CRV is really just a minor body change with a few extras thrown in. I believe the major change to the Forester was also just a slight body change.

• DH and I have a 2009 CRV and we've had issues with loud road noise and a really bumpy ride.  We also have a luxury SUV that we prefer to drive over the CRV because of the smoother ride and less noise.  However, this could just be an issue with our CRV. 
  • We have a 2012 CRV and LOVE it. The gas mileage is amazing, the price was great and here is plenty of room for 2 car seats in the back and room for another.  I love the ECO option, which I leave on all the time and it just feels so roomy for how big it actually is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    June 2010-April 2012: Lots of trying, chlomid, gonal-f, with triggers, without, IUI's and tons of BFNs
    May2012: Letrozole + IUI = BFP!!!! Due 2/10/13
  • We actually have both! "my" car is the CR-V and DHs is the Forester. I honestly prefer driving the Forester. It drives more like a car and I find it more comfortable. The CR-V drives more like an SUV to me. I do think the CRV has more cargo and backseat space. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• We had a 2009 CRV and we now have a 2012 CRV and we have loved them both!
  • We have a Subaru Tribeca. I love it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a 2007 Honda CRV and i LOVE it. I've had it for about 2.5 years and haven't had one issue with it. It's great on gas and has tons of space in the backseat. We're having twins and 2 carseats fit perfectly in the back with plenty of storage in the trunk.
  • I have an Imprezza as my last car and now I have a CRV.  I don't love the CRV and probably won't get another one when my lease is up.  It doesn't have great pick up.  DS has a Subaru and I'd rather drive that car than mine :). But like others said Subaru people love their cars.... 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an 09 Forester, and I love it!  I get about 24 mpg on average, and I do a mix of city and hwy driving.  The only downside so far is that DH can't put his seat back all the way on the same side as the carseat.  So because I mainly drive the Forester, the carseat (Snugride 30) is behind my seat. I also have a weak right grip, so we put it there so that I can get the seat out easier...but that is neither here nor there.   :). Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"