February 2013 Moms

having timable contractions...T&P's.. (UPDATED)

having contractions 5-7mins apart since 7am this morning. Also had timable ones saturday night at 5-7min apart for over 3 hours. on call OB at that time said to wait it out and go to bed.. they went away thru the night and had my normal BH on sunday. Then woke up this morning with consistant contractions once again like saturday.. called Dr and they are having me come in at 10(very shortly). Hoping its just dehydration or something causeing them.. Will update you ladies when i can..

UPDATE: Went to the OB and BP was a little high but otherwise all looked fine. Dr checked my cervix and im not dialated and have no effacement. Also had a NST and baby is doing great. Sigh, Dr. didnt give a reason for why I was having so many braxton hicks (which im still having). I'm still very uncomfortable. So frustrated at this point. I know baby is fine and all is well but id love to know why i am having BH contractions back to back.

Are there any ladies out there that can relate at all and have had this previously in another pregnancy or is currently dealing with it? Thanks !!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: having timable contractions...T&P's.. (UPDATED)

• Good luck Hopefully the DR has some good news for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I have timetable BH all the time and have just learned to deal as long as they aren't getting more intense. They come every 2 to 3 minutes and last around 45 seconds, so I can't use timetable as a guide...I have to use intensity and pain. I get BH if I'm hungry, thirsty/dehydrated, tired, constipated, have to go to the bathroom, have done to much during the day, or if I'm just sitting around on the couch and there's no apparent reason. It's quite irritating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This happened to me a few weeks ago but I was about 50% effaced so I've been taking it easy since then.

I know a lot of people have BH for weeks, which sucks.

• imageKD79:
    I have timetable BH all the time and have just learned to deal as long as they aren't getting more intense. They come every 2 to 3 minutes and last around 45 seconds, so I can't use timetable as a guide...I have to use intensity and pain. I get BH if I'm hungry, thirsty/dehydrated, tired, constipated, have to go to the bathroom, have done to much during the day, or if I'm just sitting around on the couch and there's no apparent reason. It's quite irritating.

This.  Although, I found out today I am 3cm, 70% and LO is in station 1.  But for 3-4 weeks before today I had what you are describing.  It's annoying, uncomfortable and keeps you antsy all the time.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekysmom0211:

imageKD79:
    I have timetable BH all the time and have just learned to deal as long as they aren't getting more intense. They come every 2 to 3 minutes and last around 45 seconds, so I can't use timetable as a guide...I have to use intensity and pain. I get BH if I'm hungry, thirsty/dehydrated, tired, constipated, have to go to the bathroom, have done to much during the day, or if I'm just sitting around on the couch and there's no apparent reason. It's quite irritating.

This.  Although, I found out today I am 3cm, 70% and LO is in station 1.  But for 3-4 weeks before today I had what you are describing.  It's annoying, uncomfortable and keeps you antsy all the time.  Good luck!

thanks to both of these comments.. sigh, i wish i could at least have some progress to show like you.. but im at least happy to know that im not the only one having constant braxton hicks. I get so freaking sore after so many for hours at a time. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKD79:

Yep.  And it starts earlier and gets worse with each pregnancy.

• I had timeable real contractions lady night which bought me a cervix check today. I'm 2 cm and 75 efface I know could go weeks like this I did with DS but he said if it happens again to come in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had timeable contractions for three weeks with DS! He ended up induced at 42 weeks, so they didn't amount to anything. Pregnancy is so much "fun" sometimes!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"