October 2012 Moms

Cough help

Ladies lo has a horrible cough. Any advice doc said just to ride it. But her cough sounds horrible. I've true eucalyptus cheat rub, humidifier, warm tea 

Re: Cough help

• Honestly, I would get a second opinion. Coughs in young babies can lead to/indicate other respiratory issues.
    But having a humidifier would help.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You gave the baby warm tea??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also get a second opinion, but for now I would just keep her nose wet with saline, use the humidifier, and a hot steamy bathroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWanda Star:
    Ladies lo has a horrible cough. Any advice doc said just to ride it. But her cough sounds horrible. I've true eucalyptus cheat rub, humidifier, warm teanbsp;

DS2 is in daycare and has been snotty since day one. He's had a cough from the congestion which thankfully had been effective at keeping it out of his lungs. We do everything you mentioned including spend some time in a hot steamy bathroom.

If this is just some random cough that doesn't seem to have a cause and is pretty consistent then I'd check with a different pedi.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• imagenumberonemama:
    You gave the baby warm tea??

This. I'm not seeing the point in that?
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • imagenumberonemama:
    You gave the baby warm tea??

Um, yeah I hope not!?! If baby seems sick I would get a second opinion. My LO had a slight cough, but was eating well, acting normal and was otherwise happy. I called the pedi and they said if he's acting/eating ok then just to wait it out. Trust your instincts, GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"