January 2013 Moms

Does anyone have the aden + anais swaddle blankets?

I paid fifty effin dollars for these muslin cloth swaddle blankets! I washed them once and now they're covered in little lint balls! There's no way I could pick them all off. I'm going to wash them again and if it's not any better I'm getting rid of them. Has anyone else had this experience?
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Does anyone have the aden + anais swaddle blankets?

• I have 2 sets of these swaddle blankets and did not experience this after washing them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's all we use. I have never had this issue. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wholly crap! Where did you buy them from? They are only 34.89 at Target!  What did you wash them with? If you washed them with towels, I could see that. Try washing them alone this time. Mine did not ball up. If they look the same, I would exchange them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • I got them from amazon.com. I washed and dried them by themselves. I looked back at some of the reviews and found some to say that they did better if you didn't put them in the dryer. Maybe I'll try it that way. I am not happy! At least they are super soft.
    I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I have a set from Target and a set from a friend. I washed both sets alone cool water and dried on low heat. No issues at all.
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • imagechance_encounters:
    Wholly crap! Where did you buy them from? They are only 34.89 at Target!  What did you wash them with? If you washed them with towels, I could see that. Try washing them alone this time. Mine did not ball up. If they look the same, I would exchange them.

FWIW, the ones sold at places like BRU are 'boutique' size that are larger than the ones made for Target - hence the price difference. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't have a problem when I washed the ones I have.
  • I have them in this print - https://www.amazon.com/Aden-Anais-Swaddle-For-Birds/dp/B0060OCP9O/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1357531997&sr=1-3&keywords=aden+and+anais+for+the+birds

I washed and dried them by themselves and they came out fine. Also, like someone else said the Target Aden & Anais Swaddle blankets are smaller than regular Aden & Anais Swaddle blankets.

• I have a set of the boutique blankets from Amazon, and mine did the same thing. For this reason I'm not in love with them. It wasn't a lot of the little white balls, but it was enough to be noticeable.  I followed the washing instructions as directed.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • No issues here I've been very happy with them.
  • I got the aden + anais burpy bibs from BRU and I washed them with everything else and dried on medium heat at the laundromat and I didn't have a problem with lint balls.

I would call Amazon and get an exchange.  

I would say though that I would try washing them alone and see if that helps.

• They are pretty much all I used every day with DD#1 (who enjoyed being swaddled until she was almost 6 months old!). This never happened to me. Mine were purchased from Target.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've bought the Aden and Anahi's for target and some off brands. I've never had this issues.
  • I received two sets and washed them in with random baby stuff.  No issue.  Call the company.  Perhaps they will send you some new ones?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used them daily with my DD for everything and never had a peoblem :/ They are still in perfect shape and I will be reusing them again! Hope washing them again resolves the issue because they really are very versatile and useful!
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a set from Amazon, I think they were 30 something. I washed them in the gentle cycle with Dreft and dried them on gentle and no issues. Definitely send them back if it pills again.
  • I have 2 sets of them and never had that problem. Maybe try washing them again and if they're messed up call the company. I have to assume they know at that price their product better not be messed up. 

If you ever want to get more though you should check Amazon, the ones I bought at the full sized ones but only $35. 

• I got mine as a gift (I know they came from Target and I've seen them there for $35).  I've only washed them once, but they didn't get lint balls or change at all except for maybe softening up some.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • imageCalypso312:
    I paid fifty effin dollars for these muslin cloth swaddle blankets! I washed them once and now they're covered in little lint balls! There's no way I could pick them all off. I'm going to wash them again and if it's not any better I'm getting rid of them. Has anyone else had this experience?

We have 2 sets of these and didn't experience this either. Did you wash them with anything else? That may be a stupid question, but the coarseness of the muslin might be more apt to pick up lint from other items. 

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • I have them and that didn't happen. Sorry :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'd see about returning them. I just washed all of mine and didn't have any problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"