January 2013 Moms

Wesley Aiden arrived! (PIP)

He is a week old tomorrow, but my beautiful baby boy arrived on New Year's Eve 12/31/12 at 7:09PM via c-section. He weighed 7 lbs, 1 ounce and was 20 inches long.  It wasn't a planned c-section, but after being induced for high blood pressure, laboring for 22 hours and pushing for 3 hours, my doctor finally decided he was not going to be able to make it out (he was facing upwards and was not able to turn in my pelvis no matter how hard I tried).  Initially I was upset at the c-section, but to have him healthy and in my arms that night made everything all worth it.  

The past week has been a range of emotions - he wasn't latching on correctly and lost too much weight in the first 3 days so I had to breastfeed and pump to make sure I was giving him enough to eat and bulk up! I'm proud to say he gained 5 ounces in about 2 days and at his latest doctor's appt was given the healthy seal of approval.

Congrats on all the other mamas who have outside babies, and good luck to those of you still waiting on your bundles of joy.  

Take care! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wesley Aiden arrived! (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"