3rd Trimester
Options

Coming Home Outfit

What is the most practical coming home outfit for a winter baby? A one piece with feet? Pants and shirt?

I'm thinking something like this, but STMs, tell me if it's better to have separates for some reason I'm not thinking of:

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=78079&vid=1&pid=301229002 

Re: Coming Home Outfit

• Options

I BOUGHT THIS FOR MY LO'S COMING HOME OUTFIT! Smile

So...yea, that's what I ended up thinking would work best. I'm a FTM, but a friend who had a baby a couple of months ago told me that something that snaps up the front works better than a onesie that snaps at the bottom, and I thought a one piece with feet was the most practical, so this is what I bought!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think that is perfect. My advice- bring a spare. I had DSs outfit all picked out, and I was so excited to put him in it. It wasnt anything terribly special, just a cute little onesie with pants. I got him all dressed, and while the nurse was going over our d/c instructions, he peed through everything. I had to change him into another outfit. I was a little sad because I loved the one I had picked out, but it all worked out just fine lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    imageemriley84:
    I think that is perfect. My advice- bring a spare. I had DSs outfit all picked out, and I was so excited to put him in it. It wasnt anything terribly special, just a cute little onesie with pants. I got him all dressed, and while the nurse was going over our d/c instructions, he peed through everything. I had to change him into another outfit. I was a little sad because I loved the one I had picked out, but it all worked out just fine lol.
    Ditto this, except DD puked exorcist style on her first outfit. :-)
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    That is pretty practical actually. If you live somewhere really cold obviously you could layer a onesie under it or something, but sleepers like that are what baby is going to live in for quite a while. As others have said though, have a backup just in case!
  • Options

We'll have a long sleeved onesie, and then put this over it. (Sorry, no clickie. Using a Mac)

https://www.carters.com/null/Out-N-About-Sherpa-Pram/714442755328,default,pd.html?start=

ETA: I think that one-piece is perfect. It looks warm, and if you live in a colder climate, it's silly to heavily layer a newborn. They aren't hard to change, per se, but it's easier to just have a single thing to take off, not an entire assembly of clothes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a long sleeved onsie with pants. Though that is what we are doing 2 pieces can be easier because of their umbilical stump.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    We have the same outfit.. I haven't decided if we'll use it for coming home, but will do something similar if not. What size did you get? the up to 7lb or 0-3?

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    imageta78:
    We have the same outfit.. I haven't decided if we'll use it for coming home, but will do something similar if not. What size did you get? the up to 7lb or 03?

I was going to get the 7lb but that's a good question. Dh and I were both 8 pounders so maybe I should get the bigger one?
  • Options
    I am using a hand made outfit! It was hand sown by my aunts best friend from France. Its a heavy knit outfit with out feet, but its simply just a warm outfit... I am putting a body suit underneath (if needed) because I live in higher elevation in WV, and the temp, have not been getting any higher than 35 or so! I also have socks and booties for his feet, plus mittens! I would go with what you think is best like a sleeper with feet! :) Baby wont be outside very long any way! blankets should be enough! I worry about the same if he is going to be warm, but I was brought home in a blizzard, and my parents had a sleeper (not a fleece one) with feet ( I also had a hand made vest on as well, and a few blankets(of course a HAT) and I lived! That has eased my mind a bit! Baby wont be outside very long! and be getting in a warm car and come home to a warm house!
  • Options
    I think that's a great option.  I haven't decided what she'll be coming home in but I'm sure I'll just grab a one piece like that from the clothes I have for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"