June 2013 Moms

"wake up" tricks without the caffeine

I used to be a coffee drinker, every day.  During my first trimester, coffee was one of my big aversions and I was nauseous all the time, especially in the morning, so I stopped drinking it.  I don't want to start drinking it now, so I am just wondering...for anyone who isn't drinking coffee in the morning...what are some other things you do to help you wake up?  Sometimes I have hot chocolate, but that's a lot of sugar and don't want to do that every day!  So, any suggestions or ideas would be great! Thanks! :)    

Re: "wake up" tricks without the caffeine

• Decaf tea & a shower and maybe a walk outside? 
    Pg with #2
  • I try ice water.  A couple times a week I do have a small cup of coffee. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gotten big into tea. Between the pregnancy and my being sick I have a cup almost every morning. You can add milk or sugar to the liking or try a flavored tea. So many options! Plus they have kcups for my keruig.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageangelin712:

I used to be a coffee drinker, every day.  During my first trimester, coffee was one of my big aversions and I was nauseous all the time, especially in the morning, so I stopped drinking it.  I don't want to start drinking it now, so I am just wondering...for anyone who isn't drinking coffee in the morning...what are some other things you do to help you wake up?  Sometimes I have hot chocolate, but that's a lot of sugar and don't want to do that every day!  So, any suggestions or ideas would be great! Thanks! :)    

I've had the same problem. I just couldn't bring myself to drink coffee anymore. I've really started drinking teas. You have to watch some of the herbal ones, but there are plenty of safe yummy teas out there. Or when I go to the coffee stand (there's something about coming into the office with a paper coffee cup), I'll get a vanilla steamed milk. Really yummy, and I get that extra milk in the morning.

• imageImbrium101:
    imageangelin712:

I used to be a coffee drinker, every day. &nbsp;During my first trimester, coffee was one of my big aversions and I was nauseous all the time, especially in the morning, so I stopped drinking it. &nbsp;I don't want to start drinking it now, so I am just wondering...for anyone who isn't drinking coffee in the morning...what are some other things you do to help you wake up? &nbsp;Sometimes I have hot chocolate, but that's a lot of sugar and don't want to do that every day! &nbsp;So, any suggestions or ideas would be great! Thanks! :) &nbsp; &nbsp;

I've had the same problem. I just couldn't bring myself to drink coffee anymore. I've really started drinking teas. You have to watch some of the herbal ones, but there are plenty of safe yummy teas out there. Or when I go to the coffee stand (there's something about coming into the office with a paper coffee cup), I'll get a vanilla steamed milk. Really yummy, and I get that extra milk in the morning.

One of the biggest reasons I go to Starbucks is because you can decaf or half caf just about anything. If you like apple cider, try their Carmel apple spice. Yum. Also I use their soy milk since it has a bit more protein.

CJ 05/29/2013

• A hot shower, a good breakfast and sometimes some peppermint tea
  • I read somewhere that apples are just as helpful to help you wake up. Try it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the same as you and used to love coffe, but had to stop because of nausea. I either have a chai tea or just plain milk. Lately milk hasn't been sounding great so I've added in orange juice.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageImbrium101:
    imageangelin712:

One of the biggest reasons I go to Starbucks is because you can decaf or half caf just about anything. If you like apple cider, try their Carmel apple spice. Yum. Also I use their soy milk since it has a bit more protein.

Yeah, I love that about Sbux. But the problem with that is it's still coffee, and I can't stomach it. It still makes me gag when I drink it. The teas I drink are black tea, so there's some caffeine, but not near as much as in a regular coffee.

• I work out first thing in the morning. Both DH and I get up at 4:45 to do this. It really helps wake me up. Then again, I was never a big coffee drinker pre pregnancy - maybe once a week tops.
              image image

• My suggestion may be a little unorthodox, but we have sex in the morning, and that's all I need to get energized. And then I'll have a glass of cranberry and lime juice.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • imagelioness13:
    I read somewhere that apples are just as helpful to help you wake up. Try it.

Ditto! 

I'm so crafty, I make people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"