High-Risk Pregnancy

WWYD?

I'm 38w5d and on bed rest for mild pre-eclampsia. I've had sporadically sort-of high blood pressure at times (highest was 150/100), but my "high" usually hovers right at 140/90. Today I woke up with a dull headache, and two extra-strength Tylenols and a nap did not cure it. It's a very mild, dull headache. I'm also incredibly irritable today (not sure if that has anything to do with anything). I've been checking my blood pressure about once an hour, and it is running around 130/95. 

Baby boy has been moving a ton today, so that's put my mind at ease. If my headache is still there in the morning, I will call my doc.

Would you call this evening? Or just wait it out? I know you aren't doctors, and can't offer medical advice, but I'm just curious what anyone else would do in my shoes.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• 95 is pushing it for a diastolic pressure

Have you been drinking a lot fo water? If not try hydrating and see if that helps with the headache.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsw1007:

95 is pushing it for a diastolic pressure

Have you been drinking a lot fo water? If not try hydrating and see if that helps with the headache.

I've been drinking a decent amount of water, but will up my intake and see if that helps. Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • With your history I'd call tonight. Doesn't hurt to be overly cautious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesthomas1222:
    With your history I'd call tonight. Doesn't hurt to be overly cautious.

Agreed

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Call tonight.  The headache is a bad sign.   I am in almost the exact same situation and have talked to my doctor once this weekend already and we are planning to talk again tomorrow.  
  • I would always call. Safer than sorry is my moto.
  • Thank you ladies, for your input! 

After drinking a ton of water and taking a nice, relaxing bath, my blood pressure went back to my "bed rest normal" of 135/85. And my dull headache is gone this morning, thankfully.

If my headache would have gotten worse, or my diastolic number over 100, I definitely would have called.

I'm so ready to meet my little boy so I don't have to worry about this mild pre-e crap any longer!! Thanks again for your input. 

• Thanks for the update. I am glad you are feeling better now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"