October 2012 Moms

I have HAD ENOUGH. UGH

So we left LO at my MIL's house at my husbands suggestion under the premise that he would only be there from 4 to 9 while we go to his friends house who dont have any children. At 8:30 i told DH that it was time to go get little man and he literally rolled his eyes and actually said "orrrr he can just spend the night there". When I said no I would really like to get him, his childless friend actually went back in the room with his other friends and said "well DH's wife is making him leave to go get the kid" then they all had a big laugh about it and how ridiculous it is that I want to go get OUR child. Its now 10:08 and he is still with my MIL because I was made out to be the bad guy and I left my keys to the car at the house since DH drove. WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. He is now playing video games and LO is spending the night with his grandmother. I am LIVID. We will be having a fantastic conversation on the way home.

Am I over reacting?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have HAD ENOUGH. UGH

• You are definitely not overreacting! I would be so upset... Sorry that happened.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No. I'd be livid. Sorry that you have to go through this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No way are you overreacting! IMO sounds like he wanted to be a childless teenager again. I'm sorry you're having to go through that. That's ridiculous. If that were my DH I would've stomped my woman foot down, bad guy or not.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Ummm... You need to go take your DH's keys and tell him he can stay with his friends while you go pick up your child.

And it would be a cold day in hel! before I would ever agree to go anywhere with him minus LO again
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemeganole25:
    Also, why can't you get your DH's keys and leave his ass there?

this. I'd have left him there at 8:30, the time originally planned!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Not at all.  I would be completely PO, and I guarantee my husband would know exactly how I felt. That sucks, sorry.
  • Ohh girl. If I was purposefully stranded somewhere without DD. EVERYONE would pay! Go take the controller so there's no more video games. Start walking, call a taxi. Call anyone.
  • Nope, I'd be so pissed. I would've gotten the keys from him and left him there. There have been plenty of times that I have either left early or stayed home while MH went/stayed out.
  • Get the keys, get your baby, and go home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not only are you not over reacting, but I read your post to DH.  HIs responce? "Dude, if we leave DD at Grandmas- it's going to be because you and I need private time, not to play video games." 

You have every right to want your baby with you at night.  I'd be beyond pissed.   

Baby #1: Due 10/16/12: Due Date Baby!imageimageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemrs.ike:
    imagemeganole25:

this. I'd have left him there at 8:30, the time originally planned!

Um. this
  • imagenickell5:
    Get the keys, get your baby, and go home.

This! Also, does your MIL even know there's a chance LO is staying the night? Wth? I want to smack your DH for you! 

• I think you should have a long talk with your husband once you calm down. He's not perfect, but my husband would never ever disrespect me like that. Those kinds of actions are toxic in a relationship! Is this normal for him? I would think back on other occasions that similar things have happened before talking to him about it, if it isn't a one time thing.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• She JUMPS at a chance to keep him. She is one of those that calls LO "hers". I would under any other circumstance gone to get him but its 38 degrees and pooring rain and now past his bedtime. Its just safer at this point.
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    She JUMPS at a chance to keep him. She is one of those that calls LO "hers". I would under any other circumstance gone to get him but its 38 degrees and pooring rain and now past his bedtime. Its just safer at this point.

At 8:30, it wasn't past his bedtime. Shoulda taken the keys from him and left.

Imo, leaving LO overnight somewhere (is this the first time?) is something that should be discussed in advance. Not af 8:28, bc your husband wants to play a video game.
  • You are under reacting. And you are being taken advantage of. This is absolutely not okay.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He has stayed with her overnight twice since was born but once was because I got a stomach virus, the second time was planned days in advance. Of course it was a huge fight on the way home and he made it about him and how i make him feel like he does nothing right. If its not completely visible by now, we have issues that need to be worked out...soon
  • uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... yea you are under reacting like pp said. Was your MIL already prepared to potentially have your baby overnight? Enough diapers, formula or BM? Or was your H already set that LO would be spending the night there and just kept that little tid bit away from you?
  • It's never too late to go get your baby if you are not comfortable leaving him overnight. The more I thibk abiut this the madder I get. So sorry hon!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I am sooo glad that I have other opinions like mine. Amen. Yes, I keep a well stocked diaper bag so she had plenty of everything. Thank God. We are home now and I am taking myself a bath and going to bed. Will be there bright and early to get him.
  • Want me to come down and throat punch your DH? We can go for ice cream after. It'll be great!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Aww I dont want you to have to dig out of youe eskimo to do that for little ole me!!!! Thanks though :. Ice cream does sound amazing though
  • imageDottyBlue:
    Ummm... You need to go take your DH's keys and tell him he can stay with his friends while you go pick up your child. And it would be a cold day in hel! before I would ever agree to go anywhere with him minus LO again

This!

• imagemeganole25:

Yeah.
    Birthday

• imageelfchique:
    You are under reacting. And you are being taken advantage of. This is absolutely not okay.

This!! Who gives a sh!t what those people think!! You should have told DH to find a ride home and left him there!! I would NEVER let people guilt trip me into leaving my child overnight with anyone!

• I so would have left his ass, got my baby and locked the doors at home. Make him think twice before making such an idiotic, childish decision like that! Rrrrrrr
  • imagetysgirl2006:

imagenickell5:
    Get the keys, get your baby, and go home.

This! Also, does your MIL even know there's a chance LO is staying the night? Wth? I want to smack your DH for you! 

This! Not only is your dh being disrespectful to you and your child, he is also being disrespectful to his own mother. You are not overreacting! I would be sooooo angry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and his friends sound completely irresponsible and

immature making fun of you for wanting to take your child

home. I would've grabbed the keys and left. And yeah, I

would find some new friends, with kids.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Dude, I am just seething.  There is no way I would tolerate this behavior.  He is a grown man, a partner in raising your child.  How did you even marry him, and what was the discussion to have a baby with him like? He sounds like a complete waste of parenting space. He should not ever make you out to be the bad guy to your friends over any topic.  You should always be a united front in front of others.  If you discussed something earlier then that should be what you do.  If he wants to change the plans he needs to discuss plans to change it at a future date.  And why cant you bring a baby to a kidless friends house?  All of our friends accept us all. He needs to talk with a professional on ways to communicate and respect his loved ones or if it were me he'd be headed down the divorce track. 

ETA: some of this is on you.  When he behaved like that it was up to you to state fairly and clearly to everyone that you were leaving like it was discussed beforehand, and that if DH wanted to stay he could find his own way home .

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • imagenavyviolet:
    Dude, I am just seething. nbsp;There is no way I would tolerate this behavior. nbsp;He is a grown man, a partner in raising your child. nbsp;How did you even marry him, and what was the discussion to have a baby with him like? He sounds like a complete waste of parenting space. He should not ever make you out to be the bad guy to your friends over any topic. nbsp;You should always be a united front in front of others. nbsp;If you discussed something earlier then that should be what you do. nbsp;If he wants to change the plans he needs to discuss plans to change it at a future date. nbsp;And why cant you bring a baby to a kidless friends house? nbsp;All of our friends accept us all. He needs to talk with a professional on ways to communicate and respect his loved ones or if it were me he'd be headed down the divorce track.nbsp;ETA: some of this is on you. nbsp;When he behaved like that it was up to you to state fairly and clearly to everyone that you were leaving like it was discussed beforehand, and that if DH wanted to stay he could find his own way home .

I completely agree. I think at the moment I was so hurt and felt so disrespected that I wasnt sure what to do. I knew I didnt want to fight in front of the baby and that is exactly what would have happened. He is normally a good father, but its when he gets around his friends that he makes "jokes" that really arent funny to me just to get a laugh out of his friends. He is always trying to get people "on his side". It is definitely a two way road and I should have gotten up and defended myself and my child. I am ashamed that I didnt.
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    imagenavyviolet:
    Dude, I am just seething. nbsp;There is no way I would tolerate this behavior. nbsp;He is a grown man, a partner in raising your child. nbsp;How did you even marry him, and what was the discussion to have a baby with him like? He sounds like a complete waste of parenting space. He should not ever make you out to be the bad guy to your friends over any topic. nbsp;You should always be a united front in front of others. nbsp;If you discussed something earlier then that should be what you do. nbsp;If he wants to change the plans he needs to discuss plans to change it at a future date. nbsp;And why cant you bring a baby to a kidless friends house? nbsp;All of our friends accept us all. He needs to talk with a professional on ways to communicate and respect his loved ones or if it were me he'd be headed down the divorce track.nbsp;ETA: some of this is on you. nbsp;When he behaved like that it was up to you to state fairly and clearly to everyone that you were leaving like it was discussed beforehand, and that if DH wanted to stay he could find his own way home .
    I completely agree. I think at the moment I was so hurt and felt so disrespected that I wasnt sure what to do. I knew I didnt want to fight in front of the baby and that is exactly what would have happened. He is normally a good father, but its when he gets around his friends that he makes "jokes" that really arent funny to me just to get a laugh out of his friends. He is always trying to get people "on his side". It is definitely a two way road and I should have gotten up and defended myself and my child. I am ashamed that I didnt.

Dont worry too much.  Many dads go through an adjustment period after having a baby.  They still think things can and will be the same.  So hopefully this behavior with end soon.  You need to make it very clear that his priorities should lay with you and your child. This will become a real problem if it is a continueing pattern though.  I am far enough into this parenting thing to know that if my DH doesnt enjoy hanging out with our children and me the most out of anything than I would get so lonely and resentful that our marriage would be non exsistent.  i am really lucky that while ofcours DH has his own hobbies and friends (like a healthy well rounded person would) he is always on my side.

Have a very long and serious talk with him now about your expectations in this partnership.  If it is hard to get you message accross then suggest counciling as a way to help build your relationship.  parenthood is a whole new ballgame.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • hugs i hope you and your hubby have a talk on expectations 
  • don't be ashamed... but you're not overreacting...
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would have wrestled my DH for the keys if I had to. I hope you and your DH are able to sort things out because this is definitely not okay,
  • You are totally in the right and DH needs to grow up and realize he is a dad now....it's not mommy and daddy's responsibility to watch his child it's his and yours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"