October 2012 Moms

putting down drowsy

anyone done it yet? I just did tonight... way easier than I thought, in fact it was easier than rocking to sleep.... L is almost 4 months however so maybe a little soon for some but I read that between 3 and 4 months is a good time to start...

other experiances?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: putting down drowsy

• My LO falls asleep at the breast. Though he did almost fall asleep while laying on the floor one day. He just fights it so hard!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have tried a few times. Most of the time she fully wakes up when i put her down. Then she wiggles and kicks and plays for about 10 minutes then starts fussing for me to pick her up. That quickly progresses to full on crying if I don't get her. LOL I know I need to be consistent but I just love snuggling her to sleep!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been doing this since around 4 weeks.  Works like a charm.  Occasionally he will fuss and then cry & we'll rock him to calm him & then put him back down, but really I think we just lucked out with a good sleeper. 

image imageimageimage

• I found he was waking when I put him in the crib anyways, and just touching and feeling on me and my clothing all the time and keeping himself awake while rocking him, so I just tried it out ... also I'm going back to work in a week and a day and I want it to be easy for H so I don't have to keep taking over when melt downs happen...haha
  • Definitely don't have this mastered. I could never do it with my first DS, who still needs me/DH in the room to fall asleep. Logan seems a little bit better sleeper, so we have been trying, but not really successful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCLLDLL:

We've been doing this since around 4 weeks.  Works like a charm.  Occasionally he will fuss and then cry & we'll rock him to calm him & then put him back down, but really I think we just lucked out with a good sleeper. 

This exactly.  We even managed to move her bedtime up around 6 weeks.  She used to be up til midnight but now goes down at 10. 

• We started at about 6 weeks, recommended by the pediatrician since she wasn't napping. It took some persistence and time, and it works at least half the time. Fortunately, I think I have a pretty good sleeper.
  • I've been doing this since she was born. Only rarely will she fall asleep before I put her down at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO will be 3 months next week and I've only been able to put her down drowsy a few times. She still breeds a lot of help to fall asleep. I'm doing it more and hope she gets it by 4 months.

I've heard staying around 4 months is when babies are more capable of self soothing so it makes it easier to get then to sleep when drowsy on their own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did this tonight and it worked! Well, she woke up when I laid her down, and I just didn't pick her back up. She did kick and coo for about 15 - 20 min, but she did eventually fall asleep. Woot!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • We started doing this, this week. LO is 10 weeks. The first time she screamed because we refused to pick her up and cuddle/rock her to sleep. But now we are doing is for all naps and bed time. She gets in her bed now happily, Gets fussy and cries, then we pick her up and calm her but then put her back down. It usually takes a few times but it actually takes less time then rocking her til she is asleep then putting her down to have her instantly wake up and repeat a thousand times!!!
  • imagemrs.ike:
    I did this tonight and it worked! Well, she woke up when I laid her down, and I just didn't pick her back up. She did kick and coo for about 15 - 20 min, but she did eventually fall asleep. Woot!

Woot woot!!!!! nice work momma

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"