April 2013 Moms

eating habits

What does everybody eat? I can't stand the texture of meat after 3 bites and I don't care for eggs so what should I be eating?

Re: eating habits

• Do you mean to get more protein?

Beans, peanut butter, almonds, protein bars and shakes, turkey, fish, cottage cheese, yogurt.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • For Protien I love tofu. I've can do super thin steak but that's about it for meat. I make a lot of bean dishes and PB as snacks.

My taste for eggs came back a few weeks ago but I have to be the one to make them.

• Loading the player...
  • I've been doing a lot of ground meat in sauce. Spaghetti squash with a ground beef ragu on top, or stir fry ground turkey and veggies wrapped up in lettuce leaves are 2 of my faves right now. I find the ground texture spread easier to eat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you're looking for alternative protein sources, Greek yogurt is great if you do dairy. I like the traditional (not fruit on the bottom) kind. Raspberry and strawberry Oikos are both delish.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • imagedanuli8:
    If you're looking for alternative protein sources, Greek yogurt is great if you do dairy. I like the traditional (not fruit on the bottom) kind. Raspberry and strawberry Oikos are both delish.

Greek yogurt makes a great smoothie filler, too.  I like the tangy flavor of yogurt but generally can't handle the consistency, so I whir it in the blender with my usual smoothie picks - pomegranate juice, bananas, strawberries, and a heaping handful of spinach.  Most people don't think of smoothies when they think of getting things like protein and iron, but this smoothie is the bomb.  Also high in antioxidants, potassium, and Vitamin C, so it also helps with muscle cramps and keeps the sickies at bay.

// I love you too. //

• The consistency of Greek yogurt makes .e want to hurl but making a smoothie with it sounds excellent thanks
  • Smoothies are great - you could add protein powder (not sure what kind would be best when pregnant). 
    I eat pb a lot (on Apple slices for a snack). 
    I keep almonds and sunflower seeds at my desk too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"