September 2013 Moms

Disappointed in this board :(

I have been so enjoying this board because I am going to be a first time parent.  I enjoy being able to ask questions or see if I can reply to someone else.  It is also nice to be able to vent a bit just because you want too.  I have been enjoying until today, now, I almost want to end being on this board.

I am so disappointed, I could not sleep this morning so I post on here and I get someone asking me what the point of my post was and that I should write a blog but others can vent and complain or whatever and it has been ok.  That is why I did it was because I thought that was what this board was for to help each other out.

Now later on the same day I see someone upset that people have more tickers than some like.  Does it really matter at the end of the day?  You know I had a few too, I liked them this is all new to me and you know maybe after a few days or weeks maybe I would take them down because I have so many who knows but that should be each individuals choice what they want and not be lectured about it.

Those same people who are complaining I look at your and you have pictures, all kinds of info typed that I dont even know what it mean or really want to read it oh yeah and you have tickers.  So I am not understanding why someone has a few tickers that you quickly look at and pass by matters to you. 

I have to admit now I don't even want to post on here anymore, I am afraid that what ever I say someone is going to bite my head of so now I am cautious of what I post or reply too.

I happend to go on another board the other day just to see how it was and saw some people doing the same things and thought wow our Sept board is cool everyone is nice and goes with the flow. Guess things change.

I was under the impression that this is suppose to be fun and enjoying for new moms, returning moms. Now it is not so much fun for me if I have to watch what I say because someone does not know what the point of my post is.  I have seen some posts that I had no idea what they were but I just skipped by them, not a big deal.

I am undecided if I am going to stay, I want too I have been enjoying this the past few days especially since I cant talk to anyone due to not telling most yet.

Oh and so you dont have to scroll to far I deleted most of my tickers for you. 

So disappointed :( 

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Disappointed in this board :(

• ummm ok... did I miss some drama this morning or something?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Wow - I'm sorry but if what was said offends you enough to write this post and leave the board I don't think that an internet forum is the right place for you.

I wish you luck in your pregnancy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand how you feel! When Inwas preg with DD I was a member of the March 2010 board and everyone was so awesome! I M still friends with a lot of them on FB. I came back hoping to see the same support. I saw those 2 posts and I feel the same way. This is going to be a long 9 months if we are going to be cutting eachother down.

All I can say is please don't leave. Ignore the petty people. Hopefully they will calm down.

And congrats on your pregnancy! :
  • imageqpmomma:
    I understand how you feel! When Inwas preg with DD I was a member of the March 2010 board and everyone was so awesome! I M still friends with a lot of them on FB. I came back hoping to see the same support. I saw those 2 posts and I feel the same way. This is going to be a long 9 months if we are going to be cutting eachother down. All I can say is please don't leave. Ignore the petty people. Hopefully they will calm down. And congrats on your pregnancy! :

Who is cutting who down?  Somebody expressing an opinion about the number of tickers is not "cutting" down.  This board has been ridiculously nice so far.

• I dont want to leave but I do not understand why this can't just be a happy place, everyones emotions are going crazy and some people do things that others might not like.  I could care less really what you said to me I blow things off but then later on someone had to have a post about how many tickers someone has. Really?? Who cares, if that is what makes someone happy right now so let them.  

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(

• Seriously? When you tell someont to start a blog instead of a post and ask "What is the point of your post?" it is meant to be demeaning.

Also the ticker thread is petty and stupid and only meant to cut others down. I can understand where she is coming from.
  • Ummmm... See ya? You have to have a thicker skin to be posting stuff on the Internet. People are going to post stuff that you might not agree with and that's ok... Its not the end of the world... 

• imageqpmomma:
    Seriously? When you tell someont to start a blog instead of a post and ask "What is the point of your post?" it is meant to be demeaning. Also the ticker thread is petty and stupid and only meant to cut others down. I can understand where she is coming from.

You and I have a different definition of the term "demeaning"

The ticker thread was started by a poster who was genuinely curious as to why people wanted multiple tickers. 

• Oh thank you, I usually would not post something like this but I have been so excited to post on this board and the one post I could blow off but then with the ticker one just bothered me.  Everyone has their own way of being excited, sad, happy whatever and if 10 tickers makes someone happy so let them have them!!! That is what I was thinking we are here for each other for 9 months and we are going to have our ups and downs.  Thanks for understanding :)

• imageandy71781:

imageqpmomma:
    Seriously? When you tell someont to start a blog instead of a post and ask "What is the point of your post?" it is meant to be demeaning.

Also the ticker thread is petty and stupid and only meant to cut others down. I can understand where she is coming from.

You and I have a different definition of the term "demeaning"

The ticker thread was started by a poster who was genuinely curious as to why people wanted multiple tickers. 

It was very passive agressive.
  • I feel very saddened by this. When i was on the bump with my son, everyone was so nice to each other and gave great advice. Maybe these ppl that are knocking you down need to get off of here. Since when did pregnancy become so looked down upon? Just bc your pregnant, and so are all of these other women, doesnt mean you should be frowned upon. This is a time to enjoy your happiness. And vent to other women about stuff that they could be going through too. Just keep your head
    up. It will be sad to see you go, but good luck and a very healthy and happy pregnancy to you.
  • As gently as I can, I'll just say that this is the nature of The Bump. I've had my time of feeling like a dumbass for things I've posted, and you just have to take it in stride and move on. Not everyone will get along but you will find a niche of people you can relate to, and that's worth it.

These posts never go over well because they fuel the fire. On an open forum you take the *** you like with the *** you don't, and know that its not a reflection of you as a person.

I think you stand to gain a lot if you stay, but you'll also have to roll with the punches to do it. If it helps, we've all been new and posted stuff that hasn't gone over well. You live and you learn!

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you for your response.  :)

• imageac5008:
    As gently as I can, I'll just say that this is the nature of The Bump. I've had my time of feeling like a dumbass for things I've posted, and you just have to take it in stride and move on. Not everyone will get along but you will find a niche of people you can relate to, and that's worth it. These posts never go over well because they fuel the fire. On an open forum you take the *** you like with the *** you don't, and know that its not a reflection of you as a person. I think you stand to gain a lot if you stay, but you'll also have to roll with the punches to do it. If it helps, we've all been new and posted stuff that hasn't gone over well. You live and you learn!

This about sums it up! Nicely put. If you think this board is bad, I would avoid the general boards like the trimester boards!

BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • imagehlmlvt:

Thank you for your response.  :)

Also, and this is NOT meant to be mean, demeaning, or god forbid passive aggressive, if you use the quote button to reply we will know who you are talking to. 

• I don't think you should leave. There seems to be plenty of ladies here who don't care about your number of tickers, grammar, and other pointless things. If you don't like certain people, just ignore them! Usually if it doesn't pertain to pregnancy, I don't read it. I look forward to getting to know you!
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for your reply that is what I have been loving about this board, everyone has been great, it felt like no question was stupid so that is what was sad when I read these today!!

• yes thank you that I do know :)

• Hmm. Well here's my opinion. I agree that some people can be a little harsh with the things they say, whether they mean to or not. We are all pregnant and the hormones are making us a little more "aggressive" I guess you would say. I think that everyone here should just make sure they aren't cutting anyone down or making them feel like they can't say anything. On the other end of it, people should  be making sure that they aren't posting the same things over and over or making a thread that doesn't really serve much purpose. 

Anyway, we all just need to keep an eye on what we're posting. I remember being on the January 2013 moms and they did the same thing there. To the point that I was afraid to post because they'd get so snippy. Let's just all be nice!!! Haha :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • :) thanks I dont want to leave either, there have been so many things that I have learned from here.  Honestly it would take a lot more than someone writing something to make me leave.  I can just skip over the nonsense.  Just want this to be a happy place for everyone. 

• imagehlmlvt:
    I dont want to leave but I do not understand why this can't just be a happy place, everyones emotions are going crazy and some people do things that others might not like.  I could care less really what you said to me I blow things off but then later on someone had to have a post about how many tickers someone has. Really?? Who cares, if that is what makes someone happy right now so let them.  

OK, I don't want to use the pregnancy excuse because I know for a fact that's not why people are expressing their opinions.  But, let's just go to fantasyland for a minute and use the pregnancy excuse as the reason for the posts that you disagree with.  As you said yourself, our emotions are going crazy... so you expect "emotional" women to just be nice and write about only puppies & rainbows?  Really?

But, back to the real world, the internet isn't a "safe place" where everyone will be warm & fuzzy.  It's a reflection of the real world where people have opinions that aren't always going to be the same as yours. It's life, in other words.  I have heard that babygaga is supposed to be good for warm & fuzzy though if you want to try that. 

Yes, I agree that sometimes posts can get a little harsh but I just skip over those ones and read the ones that interest me and are informative. It's not that difficult.  And, if someone writes something that you don't like, especially in response to something you wrote, either 1) ignore it, or 2) take a step back, think about it and see if they may have a valid point.  If you don't think they have a valid point than go back to option 1 and ignore it. 

I am going to ignore my own advice though and skip over ignoring one comment you made regarding multiple tickers vs. all the information some of us may have that you don't understand.  I will go on record to say I could care less how many tickers people have, although it can be annoying.  But, there's a big difference between someone having multiple tickers that provide the same information in different forms and the paragraphs of information, like in my siggy, that discusses the difficult road some of us have traveled through infertility to get to this point.  Our information is not repetitive and while it may not be important to you, it is important to us. 

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imagehlmlvt:
    :) thanks I dont want to leave either, there have been so many things that I have learned from here.  Honestly it would take a lot more than someone writing something to make me leave.  I can just skip over the nonsense.  Just want this to be a happy place for everyone. 

I agree, it should be a happy place :) 

• imageJuicy71:

imagehlmlvt:
    I dont want to leave but I do not understand why this can't just be a happy place, everyones emotions are going crazy and some people do things that others might not like.  I could care less really what you said to me I blow things off but then later on someone had to have a post about how many tickers someone has. Really?? Who cares, if that is what makes someone happy right now so let them.  

OK, I don't want to use the pregnancy excuse because I know for a fact that's not why people are expressing their opinions.  But, let's just go to fantasyland for a minute and use the pregnancy excuse as the reason for the posts that you disagree with.  As you said yourself, our emotions are going crazy... so you expect "emotional" women to just be nice and write about only puppies & rainbows?  Really?

But, back to the real world, the internet isn't a "safe place" where everyone will be warm & fuzzy.  It's a reflection of the real world where people have opinions that aren't always going to be the same as yours. It's life, in other words.  I have heard that babygaga is supposed to be good for warm & fuzzy though if you want to try that. 

Yes, I agree that sometimes posts can get a little harsh but I just skip over those ones and read the ones that interest me and are informative. It's not that difficult.  And, if someone writes something that you don't like, especially in response to something you wrote, either 1) ignore it, or 2) take a step back, think about it and see if they may have a valid point.  If you don't think they have a valid point than go back to option 1 and ignore it. 

I am going to ignore my own advice though and skip over ignoring one comment you made regarding multiple tickers vs. all the information some of us may have that you don't understand.  I will go on record to say I could care less how many tickers people have, although it can be annoying.  But, there's a big difference between someone having multiple tickers that provide the same information in different forms and the paragraphs of information, like in my siggy, that discusses the difficult road some of us have traveled through infertility to get to this point.  Our information is not repetitive and while it may not be important to you, it is important to us. 

Amen sister.   

• That is the one thing I have noticed it is hard to know if someone has posted the same thing before because once posts go to the next page they seem like they are forgotten about.  I once in a while will go to the next page but not often. I think that is what happens and why people repeat posts.  At least that is what I have been noticing.  What do you think? :)

• imagehlmlvt:
    That is the one thing I have noticed it is hard to know if someone has posted the same thing before because once posts go to the next page they seem like they are forgotten about.  I once in a while will go to the next page but not often. I think that is what happens and why people repeat posts.  At least that is what I have been noticing.  What do you think? :)

Yeah, I think that's mainly what happens. If I make a post that could be a repeat I usually go back a couple pages to make sure it wasn't already posted. 

• imagehlmlvt:
    yes thank you that I do know :)

What do you know?  PLEASE click "Quote" instead of "Reply" when you are responding to someone.

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imageJuicy71:

imagehlmlvt:

What do you know?  PLEASE click "Quote" instead of "Reply" when you are responding to someone.

Ironically, I think she was actually saying that she knows how to use the quote button. 

• Thank you and I totally agree and with the siggy I think that is what it is called the paragraph of information that some write. I honestly had no idea what that was for. But if it was what someone wanted on their post I am all for it, but you can't say that is ok for someone to put that but someone who wants 5 tickers can't put that.

It might mean the same for the other person.   All the info that is in the siggy I have never heard of so it was very confusing for me but I just skipped by it and was actually going to ask someone what it meant so I had a better understanding, I would never get upset for someone putting that since especially know I know what it is for it means so much to someone.  But then you have to be supportive for the ones that want many tickers.  I had 2 for baby, 1 for marriage 1 for my dog and horses birthdays. They mean a lot to me, I have had my horse since I was 13 and she was 3 she is 26 now she is like a child to me and was a huge part of my childhood with my dad who as since passed so for me those mean just as much as your siggy does.  Does this make sense?

• imagejuleskeim:

I am guessing you are new to internet forums.  You will meet all kinds of people on here.  You will care for some and not so much for others.  Furthermore, some people will say things nicely, others more bluntly.  However, in the end, you can choose to get up, learn something about the "netiquette" expectations of the board or leave.  However, if you leave, you will lose valuable information from very knowledgeable people.

Personally? Take it in check and stay around. Now you know what to expect on certain issues -

1 - Too much on the tickers, to some people.  So maybe pick 1 and change it every week or so. 

2 - The bump is exciting when you first log on regularly. You want to tell everyone on here every.little.detail. Maybe cut back on the smaller ones?

These are tricks I have learned, and I have been on here a while.   

Lurking on other BMB's helps, too, as you get a feel for the culture of thebump, in general...

I hope you end up staying around.  Hope your day gets better.

All of this.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• imageJuicy71:

imagehlmlvt:

sorry i thought i was 

• Oh honey, this is an online message board and people will say whatever they want. If you want to stick around you'll need to get a thick skin. Bmb are usually very supportive, but there will be snark. National boards such as the trimester boards tend to be more direct. It's not hormones its just the way message boards work. A lot of close friendships will be made, but right now we're all strangers who happen to have pregnancy as our common factor.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageandy71781:
    imageJuicy71:

imagehlmlvt:

Ironically, I think she was actually saying that she knows how to use the quote button. 

yeah i was messing it up sorry lol kept hitting reply instead of quote when I know I should be hitting quote.  I will get it!!!! lol 

• imageauroraloo:

1. The bump is not a bra.

I'm totally going to steal this in the future.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• imagehlmlvt:

Thank you and I totally agree and with the siggy I think that is what it is called the paragraph of information that some write. I honestly had no idea what that was for. But if it was what someone wanted on their post I am all for it, but you can't say that is ok for someone to put that but someone who wants 5 tickers can't put that.

It might mean the same for the other person.   All the info that is in the siggy I have never heard of so it was very confusing for me but I just skipped by it and was actually going to ask someone what it meant so I had a better understanding, I would never get upset for someone putting that since especially know I know what it is for it means so much to someone.  But then you have to be supportive for the ones that want many tickers.  I had 2 for baby, 1 for marriage 1 for my dog and horses birthdays. They mean a lot to me, I have had my horse since I was 13 and she was 3 she is 26 now she is like a child to me and was a huge part of my childhood with my dad who as since passed so for me those mean just as much as your siggy does.  Does this make sense?

You had tickers for your dog and your horse's birthdays?  Seriously?  Well, I'll just end this by saying we are very different people... good luck to you!  

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imageauroraloo:

1. The bump is not a bra.

2. The post where you were told to start a blog was unecessary. Your post wasn't that bad. 

3. 4 tickers for one pregnancy is too many. It affects other people because it takes up the ENTIRE screen on the computer, makes scrolling more difficult and reading the posts and attributing them to the right poster more difficult. 

4. Use the QUOTE button when you want to reply to a particular person, otherwise no one knows who you are talking to. 

5. If you really think it's too mean here, I sincerely recommend the babycenter.com communities. The bump is known for being among the more sarcastic, "mean" internet forums in the mommy world. Babycenter is a little nicer. Babygaga is another option, they positively drip support. 

Good luck.

thank you good to know, did  not know about most of that!!!   

• imageJuicy71:
    imagehlmlvt:

Thank you and I totally agree and with the siggy I think that is what it is called the paragraph of information that some write. I honestly had no idea what that was for. But if it was what someone wanted on their post I am all for it, but you can't say that is ok for someone to put that but someone who wants 5 tickers can't put that.

You had tickers for your dog and your horse's birthdays?  Seriously?  Well, I'll just end this by saying we are very different people... good luck to you!  

Come on Juicy.  Your IF journey is just as important as the b-days of her pets.  You know that.   

• imageJuicy71:
    imagehlmlvt:

yes I did I am an animal lover and working with animals has been my career for the past 16 yrs nurse for animals.  My dad used to take me to horse shows when I was young and now he has been going 9yrs this month, the horses were his world and since I have had both my horses for over 20 years to me that is a lot and they are part of the family. My husband and I both care a lot about are animals they are family just like a child would be. (There are differences I am not crazy!!) 

• imageandy71781:
    imageJuicy71:
    imagehlmlvt:

Come on Juicy.  Your IF journey is just as important as the b-days of her pets.  You know that.   

Yep!!  And, my pets are really important to me too!!  Is it okay if I add tickers for each of my 3 dogs and one for my cat?  Maybe I'll add one for my husband's birthday too since he's kind of important to me.

OK, now I'm just being mean... :) Sorry ;)

EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imageJuicy71:
    imageandy71781:
    imageJuicy71:
    imagehlmlvt:

Yep!!  And, my pets are really important to me too!!  Is it okay if I add tickers for each of my 3 dogs and one for my cat?  Maybe I'll add one for my husband's birthday too since he's kind of important to me.

OK, now I'm just being mean... :) Sorry ;)

Well you kind of already have a husband related ticker....but for you...I'll let it slide.  My maternity pants apparently have a snarky feature.

• If you're old enough to have a baby you should also be old enough to not care what people think. So more tickers annoys some people. Big deal!  If you like your tickers and you want them, keep them, someone voicing their opinion on them shouldn't matter one bit.  If you're so worried about what others think, especially a bunch of Internet strangers you don't really know, you have a bigger problem, and given that you actually removed your tickers in response to one random thread seems sad to me.  

As PPs have said, the Internet is a big and varied place, different people will have all sorts of opinions, beliefs, etc. and you have to be mature and confident enough in who you are as a person to just roll with those differences and not take them all to heart. After all, these are people you really don't know, and comments made one day will be forgotten the next, you just can't be so hyper-sensitive and think everything is personal - because it's not. Either you will get over it, grow a thicker skin and stick around to learn, or you can move on if you're truly not comfortable. It's up to you.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"