November 2011 Moms

Sleep Lady Shuffle Feels Like Insanity.. How Will I Survive?

Out of desperation, we decided to try the sleep lady shuffle today.  Why did I think this would be EASIER than Ferberizing him? Groan. I definitely do not know if I will survive 2 weeks of this, I'm a wreck after him crying of 20 seconds, which is why sleep training never works :) LOL.  Any successes pretty please weigh in to make me feel better!

The emotion I keep having is that it sort of feels more cruel to sit by his crib and not hold him, than to leave the room.  :(

Re: Sleep Lady Shuffle Feels Like Insanity.. How Will I Survive?

• We've used CIO and it took DS about 2 days to not cry and scream for 30+ minutes. I would have some distance between his room and where I was so I could hear him if his level of crying got worse. But now if he objects, he cries maybe 10 minutes but will fall asleep on his own. It made him a heavier sleeper which is a Godsend! I'm with you about the crying, but I realized at some point I had to let go. If I kept going in to soothe him, he would never learn to do it on his own. I wish you luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRedCamaro:
    I realized at some point I had to let go. If I kept going in to soothe him, he would never learn to do it on his own. I wish you luck!

This was the most important for me. If they never learn to soothe themselves, then we were in for some long years. The temporary crying definitely outweighs the years of sleep troubles.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagealysson.lawless:

imageRedCamaro:
    I realized at some point I had to let go. If I kept going in to soothe him, he would never learn to do it on his own. I wish you luck!

This was the most important for me. If they never learn to soothe themselves, then we were in for some long years. The temporary crying definitely outweighs the years of sleep troubles.

This and this. It was hard to do it but I'm so glad we did. It was best for all of us. We did ferber.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This method worked great for us! I will admit the first few days/week was really hard. REALLY hard. But she now sleeps 12 hours most nights if we stick to her normal bedtime. 

I noticed that she cried with me sitting next to the crib, but it was more of a whimper cry than a full blown, "you abandoned me!!!" cry. Then she would lie down eventually and close her eyes. That's when I knew this method would work. So we just stuck to it.

Hang in there and know that those first days will be hard. I think I cried, too! But they go by fast, and you and your baby will sleep better eventually. Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"