June 2013 Moms

AW XP from PGAL: We Still Have a Heartbeat ...

... And a tiny little penis!

To say I'm shocked is an understatement, but I would have been just as gobsmacked if baby had a vagina. Ha. I knew our first was a little girl, no doubt about it, but this time I had no inkling as to what was swimming around down there in my belly. I'm so thrilled, and hope he grows up smart and kind like his Daddy.

We're already setting him up to be a nerd at least. Ha.

We decided to do an elective ultrasound yesterday, simply to make sure baby was looking OK so we can finally tell our families today. (Only our Moms know, and I'm 17 weeks already!) We won't be buying anything else/registering until things are confirmed at our Anatomy Scan on Jan. 30, but I'm just happy to see that Otter had a strong heartbeat and was as active as always.

I'll admit it was a tough day though, because it did make me miss our first so much. When I wrote about our loss last year, I started it off with these song lyrics:

?So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I?m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it?s too much to ask, it?s too much to ask ? Then send me a son.? ? Arcade Fire

So, needless to say, there were many tears for her ... But I can not wait to welcome her brother into this world.

And since I'm on an AW roll here, I'll let you all know that my partner and I got engaged on New Year's Day. It was more of a formality, since he was already stuck with me forever anyway. Ha. But it was super sweet, and exciting! We have been showered with love since then from so many, and I can't wait to make our other good news public at the end of the month. 

After the hardships of last year, 2013 is shaping up to be great so far.

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire

Re: AW XP from PGAL: We Still Have a Heartbeat ...

• That's a bunch of great news. Congrats on the little man!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement and your baby boy! 2013 is your year!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! Very very happy for you!
    Pg with #2
  • Congratulations!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Congrats on your boy and getting engaged! :)
  • Congrats on all of the good news! I really liked the song lyric.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations! I love the Star Wars shirt too. I think we could be good friends IRL :)
    DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your baby boy! I have one and they are just a blast!
    Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hope this is the best year of your life and they only get better from here!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imagecarmen_sandiego:
    Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations! I love the Star Wars shirt too. I think we could be good friends IRL :)

Ha. I agree. And I'll have to message you later and get your address. I ordered a Phish onesie for baby, and they sent me four of the same thing. (Only charging me for one.) I figured I'd send two of them back, and one of them to you.

And H. just pointed out that I took the picture of the T-shirt while watching "Star Lake '98" this morning. Nerds. Ha.

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'm so happy for you. 

What, no "grats"? Ha.

And thank you to everyone ... I'm so happy and have just been trying to think the best. I can't wait for June to be here now.  

• Congrats on the baby boy and on your engagement!  And I haven't heard that song before, but I don't think I've ever read truer lyrics...especially because we were team pink last time and are team blue this time, too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • imageKacyChicago:

imagecarmen_sandiego:
    Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations! I love the Star Wars shirt too. I think we could be good friends IRL :)

Ha. I agree. And I'll have to message you later and get your address. I ordered a Phish onesie for baby, and they sent me four of the same thing. (Only charging me for one.) I figured I'd send two of them back, and one of them to you.

And H. just pointed out that I took the picture of the T-shirt while watching "Star Lake '98" this morning. Nerds. Ha.

Awesome! I will absolutely take you up on that; you are so sweet! I have one hand-me-down Phish onesie that I received just before DD outgrew it so I will totally put yours to good use :)

Congratulations on your engagement as well, by the way! What a great year 2013 is going to be for you. You should totally walk down the aisle to "Waste" or something. "Bye Bye Foot" is such a pretty song too, with lovely lyrics even though it's mostly instrumental. (These are things I would do if I was redoing my wedding... Phish was an acquired taste for my DH, he was NOT a fan in 2006 when we got married! Ha!) 

DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aww yay! Congrats all around!

CJ 05/29/2013

• imagecarmen_sandiego:
    imageKacyChicago:

imagecarmen_sandiego:

Awesome! I will absolutely take you up on that; you are so sweet! I have one hand-me-down Phish onesie that I received just before DD outgrew it so I will totally put yours to good use :)

Congratulations on your engagement as well, by the way! What a great year 2013 is going to be for you. You should totally walk down the aisle to "Waste" or something. "Bye Bye Foot" is such a pretty song too, with lovely lyrics even though it's mostly instrumental. (These are things I would do if I was redoing my wedding... Phish was an acquired taste for my DH, he was NOT a fan in 2006 when we got married! Ha!) 

He would probably agree with you here. Ha. I think the best thing about being pregnant is I haven't even begun to think about the wedding, past what I had already on Pinterest. Everyone keeps asking when we're going to do it, and are horrified that we're going to wait until next year. Little do they know, I have something more important going on right now. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"