April 2013 Moms

What position is LO in?

From my very first flutter to present day, most of LO kicks/punches are just below my belly button and to the left.  I have started to feel some movement on my right, but never above my belly button.  Anyone know how my girl is positioned?  Breech?  Horizontally?  Have you started feeling movement further up?
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What position is LO in?

• I'm anxious to see if this LO has flipped to head down yet. I get an ultrasound on Wednesday so we'll see, but I've had a lot of strong kicks high up above the belly button so my guess is baby is head down.

Though, with my twins, they took turns flipping from breech to head down every single week from 30 weeks on (yeah, it was incredibly uncomfortable!) They both ended up head down though on the day of my induction which was a stroke of good luck since one had been breech just three days earlier!

So, while it sounds like your LO is still feet down (ish), baby still has a lot of room and could change positions on you quite a bit until delivery! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure. But at all of my u/s's she's been head down already. Watch, she'll decide to flip breech around time for delivery. Stick out tongue
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is breech at the moment. S/he tends to kick low and to the right. At our last u/s s/he was breech. I hope she flips in time. DD1 took right to the bitter end to flip head down. Not too worried yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hard to say. My babies were both head down from day one and now all of a sudden a flipped to breech. And b is still head down. With a, her movements feel the same as always and b I feel more movement where her hands and head are than where her feet are. Though since they're so cramped in there already, I could feel when my baby a flipped around because I had a HUGE buldge out the side of my tummy for a good 5 min.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With the u/s yesterday she is head down and she hurts me when she streches out like sshe is trying to come out lol.. she kicks low unless i lay downthen she moves up..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby's head is pushing on my bladder, and his feet are kicking me in my right ribs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think it's still pretty hard to say at this point, since they're still pretty mobile in there.

With this baby, I feel most of the movement pretty low, so I assume most of the time s/he is butt down or horizontal. However, from watching baby move around with two ultrasounds, I know that varies by the minute. We watched him/her flip over completely TWICE during both u/s!

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • At every u/s, this one has been breech. Ava was breech until 38 weeks; we did acupuncture to turn her and it worked. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I freely admit that I know nothing as a FTM, but I thought it was normal for the baby to not settle into that head-down position until 36-38 weeks. They still have lots of room to move right now, so why wouldn't they take advantage of it? I just don't see how the position at 20 weeks has any bearing whatsoever on what will happen later.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At our 26 week appt yesterday, our midwife told us that baby is head down, and she positioned my hands to be able to feel both sides of baby's head, it was pretty awesome! Her head was super low in my pelvic bone area. 

She told us that baby has lots of room to move around still, but yesterday at our appt, she was in that particular position.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedanuli8:
    I freely admit that I know nothing as a FTM, but I thought it was normal for the baby to not settle into that head-down position until 36-38 weeks. They still have lots of room to move right now, so why wouldn't they take advantage of it? I just don't see how the position at 20 weeks has any bearing whatsoever on what will happen later.

Usually they should be in the head down position by 26-30 weeks. After that it does get cramped in there and much harder for them to turn (although of course they can, it doesn't happen as easily)

Its nice to know baby is head down early on so you don't have to worry about breech position later on.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"