June 2013 Moms

Poll: Where did you register?

Where did you register?

Did you register in person or online?

When did you do your registry (last time or this time)?

If you could do it all over again, anything you would do different?

I'm thinking about starting the process soon....although no talks of showers yet, I figure it will be needed in the coming months.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Poll: Where did you register?

• Registered at kellyscloset.com and bru with number one.

If I could do it again, I wouldn't register at bru. I got way too many receiving blankets, half of which I've never even used once. I would register for quality stuff and not just make sure I had stuff on there. I think most bru stuff like sheets and blankets are mostly crap and don't last. :[

BBB is a better store, IMHO.
    Pg with #2
  • I registered at pottery barn kids and babie r us. We didn't have a buy buy baby near us until a few months ago otherwise I would have registered there in lieu of babies r us. We got all of the nursery bedding and furniture from pottery barn. We got the gear from babies r us.

I registered online since a lot of the stuff I wanted was online only. The babies r is near us stinks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Amazon and Babies r us.  Online and in store.
     We started a few weeks ago.  It felt good to start on it because the whole task, at times, seems very overwhelming. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebride05Jules:
    Where did you register?
    When did you do your registry last time or this time?
    nbsp;
    I'm thinking about starting the process soon....although no talks of showers yet, I figure it will be needed in the coming months.

We registered at Babies R Us

In person, I found it was a lot easier to see items in person, plus it was way more fun.

We registered shortly after we found out the sex. Same with ordering our furniture... It took 12 to 14 weeks.

Nope.. We made sure to read Baby Bargains first so we felt confident with our decisions and honestly everything worked out great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We plan on doing Amazon and BRU. The only other local option for us is Target, and I prefer the selection at BRU. I am choosing Amazon because some things we would like are only available online, and I also like that I can add things from etsy or other stores online to that particular registry.

We will register in person at BRU, online (obviously) for Amazon.

We have not started our registry yet, but I have a private Amazon wish list where I've been keeping track of things. We will probably register sometime after the anatomy scan (3 weeks from yesterday).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • We will register at BRU and probably this local kids store. While BRU isn't my favorite place, we have family everywhere ant at least it is a good bet t hat everyone will live close to one. The closest BBB to us is almost 1.5 hours away although that would be my first choice, and I know many family members who don't want to  shop online for anything so Amazon probably isn't a good choice either.

We will start to  register sometime after our A/S here in just over a week. We will have to go in person as DH loves to touch and feel before making a decision on anything. He always tells me he is a 'kinesthetic decider'. 

• imagebride05Jules:
    Where did you register?
    When did you do your registry last time or this time?
    nbsp;

First baby was in person at Target and BRU. This baby will be online at Amazon and Jillian's Drawers.

Last time we waited until about 24 weeks. This time I started around 10 weeks bc I was feeling panicky and needed a list so I could start making choices.

Obv, I'm skipping BRU bc it's overpriced and useless. As PP said, quality over quantity.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I registered at BRU with DS. I went with my SIL who has a couple kids. She really helped me figure out what was needed and what wasn't. We were in and out in an hour. I wouldn't have dine anything different. I'm glad I went with someone who knew what she was doing. BRU also has pretty much everything I needed too, and it was easy to do. 

I went fairly soon after my anatomy scan, and we found out we were having a boy.  

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Where did you register? Babies R Us

Did you register in person or online?  I started off in person (DH and I went together, and then I went back with my mom and a friend) and then over time I modified our registry online.  I would pop in and out of the store throughout my pregnancy to check stuff out in person, and then I would update online.

When did you do your registry (last time or this time)?  I think I probably started it (last time) around 18 weeks. 

If you could do it all over again, anything you would do different?  I'd register for less "nice to have" small stuff and focus on registering for the "right" large ticket items.  I actually ended up returning a lot of the little items so I could get store credit towards things we actually ended up needing. 

Oh, and one other thing - make sure to register for the stuff that your newborn will grow into, like high chairs and exersaucers, etc.  Even if you don't use a bunch of the stuff for the first several months, you'll be glad to have it later on...the newborn stage flies by!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Where did you register? Buy Buy Baby, (for the huge selection and great coupons) and Target (for the easy online shopping and accessibility for my family and friends who live in areas without BBB stores).

Did you register in person or online? I started both of the registries in person, and modified online later.

When did you do your registry (last time or this time)?  I started the registries while I had my mom and sister in town, visiting DH and I for Christmas. I was only 14 weeks at the time (a little early!), but the timing worked out well since my mom, sister and I don't get together very often.  (DH has zero interest in doing a registry with me -- he had a meltdown in Macy's while we did our wedding registry! lol -- so I thought the girls would be a big help this time around, and they were!)

If you could do it all over again, anything you would do different? Not so far!  I'm very happy with BBB and Target.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where did you register? BRU and Amazon

Did you register in person or online? Did both for BRU, online for Amazon

When did you do your registry (last time or this time)? Started it at 12 weeks (but that was more for Christmas shopping purposes).  Just finished it a few days ago after finding out the sex.

If you could do it all over again, anything you would do different? Everything seems fine so far.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"