October 2012 Moms

Bumbo Seat

Do you have a bumbo seat, and are you using it? If you don't will you be getting one, and will when you start using it?

Retrieval - 33 Eggs, 29 Fertilized, 14 Frosties
IVF #1 - 3/17/2011 - 2 Blasts

3/31/2011 - Beta #1 - 395 BFP
4/04/2011 - Beta #2 - 1458
4/8/2011 - Ultrasound - little bean measures 5wks 2dys
4/9/2011 - Confirmed miscarriage
FET #1 - 6/23/2011 - 2 blasts (already hatching)

7/7/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
FET #2 - 8/18/2011 - 2 blasts

9/1/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
Second Hysteroscopy - 9/15/2011

Uterine Septum Found and Removed
FET #3 - 11/23/2011 - 3 blasts, 1 already hatching

12/7/2011 - Beta #1 - 193 BFP
12/8/2011 - Beta #1.5 - 320
12/9/2011- Beta #2 - 454
12/16/2011- 2nd Miscarriage
FET #4 - 3/1/2012 4 blasts

3/12/2012 - Beta #1 454 BFP
3/15/2012 - Beta #2 1520
3/19/2012 - Beta #3 5000 plus
3/20/2012 - Ultrasound #1 Triplets
6/11/2012 - Expecting 2 Boys
10/01/2012 - Welcome to the world Bryce and Charlie
PAIF & SAIF Always Welcome Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Siggy Challenge:The Day My Embryos Were Transferred image

Re: Bumbo Seat

• Yes we have one. We have been doing it at small intervals for a few weeks now. She has amazing head strength and I've never seen her so happy in it! 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I plan on getting the seat made by Mamas Papas. It has an inner seat that can come out so they can use it for a little longer and it comes with a tray. It's 10 more than the bumbo but I think it will be worth it.

I read reviews that said babies with chunky thighs sometimes get stuck when you go to take them out. My LO isn't really chunky overall, but his thighs are!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageellcore:
    Yes we have one. We have been doing it at small intervals for a few weeks now. She has amazing head strength and I've never seen her so happy in it! 

Same here 

• yes and yes but he only tolerates it for a short time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use it for short periods.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We use it for short periods and always monitor her very closely while she is in it. I believe they were recalled. I guess some infants fell from them and fractured their skulls - but I'm assuming they were being used incorrectly and without monitoring.
    TTC #1 since 4/2011. Cycle 1 = BFN. Cycle 2 = BFN. Cycle 3 = BFP 6/28. CP 7/2. Cycle 4 = TTA. Cycle 5 = BFN. Started progesterone. Cycle 6 = Disaster. Cycle 7 = Progesterone. BFN Cycle 8 = BFN. Cycle 9 = BFN. Cycle 10 = BFP 1/1/12. C/P 1/8/12. Cycle 11 = BFP 2/3. Stick! Due 10/15/12. Baby girl arrived via c-section on 10/10/12 after 20 hours of labor. Welcome my love!
  • I was given one, he usually likes it but I will only leave him in it for a little at a time.

• imagebingqilin00:
    We use it for short periods and always monitor her very closely while she is in it. I believe they were recalled. I guess some infants fell from them and fractured their skulls but I'm assuming they were being used incorrectly and without monitoring.

The recall was to put a sticker on it that tells you not to use it on an elevated surface like a table or chair.

We didn't use one with ds1 and don't plan on it with lo.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We weren't planning on getting one but I found one yesterday at a kids consignment shop for 20 dollars and figured it was worth trying. He sat in it for 10 minutes this morning and had a major poop. Not sure if he was happy with the chair or because of that.
  • Ils got her one for Christmas.  She loves it!
  • imageWally3:
    imagebingqilin00:
    We use it for short periods and always monitor her very closely while she is in it. I believe they were recalled. I guess some infants fell from them and fractured their skulls but I'm assuming they were being used incorrectly and without monitoring.

The recall was to put a sticker on it that tells you not to use it on an elevated surface like a table or chair.

We didn't use one with ds1 and don't plan on it with lo.

It also added safety straps. All because parents left their kids unattended on a raised surface and wondered why their kids fell out of it.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • My sister gave us her old one. Dd seems to enjoying short intervals.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Short intervals for a few weeks now. He seems to like it and has really good head control. We only use it on the floor, so I have no worries about using it.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imagecerratocc:
    Ils got her one for Christmas. nbsp;She loves it!

This!
  • Same as everyone else, we use it for short intervals, but she loves it!
  • Same as the others--we've been using it for about a week in short intervals.  I wasn't planning on buying one but my cousin gave us hers.  I'm now glad we have it.

• We have a Summer Infant Super Seat. She likes it a lot.

I will say the Space Saver high chair form Fisher Price is awesome. It reclines so she can sit in it with us at the table now. I wish I had gotten it weeks / months ago! 

DD 9/15/12
  • imageStarry Again:

We have a Summer Infant Super Seat. She likes it a lot.

I will say the Space Saver high chair form Fisher Price is awesome. It reclines so she can sit in it with us at the table now. I wish I had gotten it weeks / months ago! 

Oooh I just googled this and I think I might have to purchase it, thanks for mentioning it. 

We love our bumbo! It's a hand me down from my BFF, which is why it's purple. He doesn't mind, LOL.
  • imageChrisG83:
    imageStarry Again:

We have a Summer Infant Super Seat. She likes it a lot.

Oooh I just googled this and I think I might have to purchase it, thanks for mentioning it. 

Dd got that chair for Xmas.. Amazing. My mom picked it out and it's so perfect.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Yep, we've been using it for awhile, just for short intervals. She really enjoys it and makes a great prop for photos. Love that her little thighs are finally chunking up so I can't just slip her in. :)
  • We have the Mamas and Papa one. I really like the tray for putting toys on to keep her practicing her grabbing. And the wider base is really nice for when she gets bigger, she won't be able to tip it over, not that I would be far.
  • I just started using one today. Logan loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to get one and was told about the recall, none in stores here right now. dumb azzes ruining it for everyone else....
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use it for short periods during the day. He seem to really like it he's always smiling when we put him in it.

• Thank you everyone for your responses! I bought two blue ones today as well as the tray. I hope the boys love them!

Retrieval - 33 Eggs, 29 Fertilized, 14 Frosties
    IVF #1 - 3/17/2011 - 2 Blasts

3/31/2011 - Beta #1 - 395 BFP
    4/04/2011 - Beta #2 - 1458
    4/8/2011 - Ultrasound - little bean measures 5wks 2dys
    4/9/2011 - Confirmed miscarriage
    FET #1 - 6/23/2011 - 2 blasts (already hatching)

7/7/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
    FET #2 - 8/18/2011 - 2 blasts

9/1/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
    Second Hysteroscopy - 9/15/2011

Uterine Septum Found and Removed
    FET #3 - 11/23/2011 - 3 blasts, 1 already hatching

12/7/2011 - Beta #1 - 193 BFP
    12/8/2011 - Beta #1.5 - 320
    12/9/2011- Beta #2 - 454
    12/16/2011- 2nd Miscarriage
    FET #4 - 3/1/2012 4 blasts

3/12/2012 - Beta #1 454 BFP
    3/15/2012 - Beta #2 1520
    3/19/2012 - Beta #3 5000 plus
    3/20/2012 - Ultrasound #1 Triplets
    6/11/2012 - Expecting 2 Boys
    10/01/2012 - Welcome to the world Bryce and Charlie
    PAIF & SAIF Always Welcome Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Siggy Challenge:The Day My Embryos Were Transferred image
  • My LO loves her Bumbo. She gets to watch is do chores from it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"