Babies: 9 - 12 Months

diaper rash.. help!

My DD has officially never had a diaper rash until 2 weeks ago.  One night DH didn't put diaper rash cream on to protect her at bedtime, and she woke up with a horrible rash!!!  Since then, we have tried A+D, Desitin, Balmex, and baby powder (tried each one for 4ish days...) and the rash is still there.  Has this happened to anyone else's LO?  I am losing the battle to get rid of this rash and I feel so bad for her!  I just want it to go away and am hoping you other mommies can give me some tips that worked for you!  Thanks!!

Re: diaper rash.. help!

• Lo had a food reaction a month ago (horrible diaper rash! first time having it too). We did a combination of Boudreaux's Butt Paste and cortizone cream. We also dried DS with a cloth diaper at every changing and allowed him to be diaper free five minutes at a time a few times a day. Cleared up in 2 days. Hope this helps!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Could it be a yeast infection?  They won't clear up unless you use anti-fungal, I would check with your pedi to see if this could be the case.

• Loading the player...
  • Neosporin works wonders.

And try using alcohol free wipes or soft towels and warm water.

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• Ditch the wipes and use a face clothe.. we only ever used wipes the first week or so and then only if out and no access to a sink.  Never had diaper rash

totally agree with  PP wet clothe and some air time best cure  and prevention :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Calmoseptine works wonders for my DD
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"