2nd Trimester

Embarassing Bra Question

Okay, this is taking some guts for me to write, but here goes...........does anyone know where I can find a 34GG bra?

I was a 34DD before getting pregnant, and so far I have only gained 16lbs, and I swear half of that is in my boobs.  I've tried Victoria's Secret (no luck), Lane Bryant (no luck), Motherhood Maternity (no luck) and even just googled it (nothing under &80).  Department stores have the cup size but the smallest around the ribs I can find is 40.  I have no idea where else to look, and I am desperate......I'm getting the double boob look because the ones I have do not fitEmbarrassed, plus they're uncomfortable.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Additionally, I stayed a DD after baby #1, am I going to stay a GG after #2.  Lord help me!

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Embarassing Bra Question

• Try a store that specializes in bras. I have one I love near me and they will find you what you need.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not sure where you live but do you have an Intimacy store? From what I've heard, it carries a wide range of sizes. I went to one for a bra for my wedding dress (it had a very low back) and one of the associates worked one-on-one with me, measuring and picking out many different bras. Good luck!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom has to buy hers at Dillard's. They are about 100 per bra but they go up to HH I think.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagemainerocks:
    Lady Grace. My coworker had the same problem and they saved her.

Thank you for this!  I was able to find something for a reasonable price!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'd try going to a specialty store if there's one nearby... the one closest to me had 34Gs in stock!  If not, Bare Necessities online does have a lot of the same brands. I mostly stuck to the Chantelle brand, though I got another bra from Cleo.  Hope that helps!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Try a sports bra. I'm usually a 36DDD and I barely find bras. While pregnant I'm usually a 36F-G. This time around my bras still fit but are so uncomfortable that I find sports bras being my best friends. I need to buy more because I only have 2 and handwashing them everytime I wear them is too much for me lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nordstrom, if you have one near you. They have a massive selection of sizes, and they do have the smaller circumference/larger cup combo. The bras aren't cheap. I've found that in those sizes, one of the best brands is Elomi. They are about $25-$70 in price. I have gotten some on clearance at Nordstrom Rack for as little as $7. 

You can probably Google some Elomi bras and find other retailers, but I love Nordstrom because they take time to measure you and really get it right.

Here's a really simple one. I love the nice, wide straps - less pain on shoulders. Also, they are well engineered and the back part doesn't slide up.

https://www.barenecessities.com/elomi-caitlyn-side-support-underwire-bra-el8030_product.htm?pf_id=ElomiEL8030&search=34G&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R1C1-_-ElomiEL8030 

Good luck! 

• thanks for the suggestions everyone!!!  i ordered one from the ladygrace website, but will keep all the others in mind if it doesn't work out!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • One option is to buy the bra with the right cup but have the band taken in. I live in Asia, and almost all lingerie stores here do free alterations. I usually do my own alterations bc it's easy and it ensures I have the best fit. I'm a 32E, so it's always hard to find a bra with a big enough cup size with a smaller band, so most bras I wear have to be altered. After getting pregnant, I've had to move up to an F cup, so again, I had to buy new bras and have the bands altered.

Good luck to you!

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby's ultrasound at 10w5d
  • Lurking from 1st Tri, but I was in your boat  with my first.  I was a 32 DDD pre-baby, into Gs once he was born.  Nordstrom saved me.  They carry all sizes, even for us busty but narrow width girls!

also, after nursing for almost 12 months, I was down to 32DD!  Hoping to get down to just one D after this one!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image,
  • Cotton Babies has some on clearance on their website that might work. Melinda G soft cup tee shirt bras are also fantastic.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejeremiahz_momma03:
    Try a sports bra. I'm usually a 36DDD and I barely find bras. While pregnant I'm usually a 36FG. This time around my bras still fit but are so uncomfortable that I find sports bras being my best friends. I need to buy more because I only have 2 and handwashing them everytime I wear them is too much for me lol

The Fiona from Movibg Comfort is my favorite. Check REI, Title IX, and Amazon. I bought mine a cup size smaller and they're perfect.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • go to motherhood maternity online and they have a few selections-Macy's and Nordstrom have a wide variety as well. Unfortunately our small band/large cup bra size is not very common and we will have to pay a little extra for our bras. I just bought 3 nursing/sleeping bras in 34G off the motherhood website-each was under $25. Not sure what department stores you are going to but I know the 2 I listed above have PLENTY variety in our size and above. Good luck
  • Lindasonline.com is another good site for bras. I've ordered from them many times and they also have a good return policy and a "Bra School" to help with sizing and common problems. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"