Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Paragard and acne?

I couldn't find a "contraception" board, but my daughter is almost 1 year old, so thought I'd throw it in here... 

Anyone on Paragard?  I had one between #2 and #3 and liked it for the most part, aside from heavier more painful periods.  I got another one last summer when my daughter was 6 months old, and have had serious acne on my forehead ever since!  I just recently thought about the timing and possible association.  I've had normal skin most of my life, this is definitely the worst it's ever been.  Anyone else experience this?? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Paragard and acne?

• My daughter is a little over a year old and I am having the same problem but on my cheeks.  It sucks!  It's like I'm going through puberty again.  I never had any problems with my skin while pregnant.
  • Do you have Paragard, as well?  My skin was also very clear during pregnancy.  I thought I'd be beyond this at 35 years old!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I have a Paragard.  I was expecting the cramps and heavier bleeding, but not acne again.
  • That's strange, since Paraguard doesn't have any hormones, it shouldn't affect you like that. Maybe it's a post-partum thing?
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have Paragard and haven't noticed any bad acne. I had terrible breakouts when I was pregnant and am very thankful they've gone away!
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"