Trying to Get Pregnant

Christmas Babies

While having a baby for Christmas next year would be a wonderful gift, I can't help but think that a birthday that close to the holidays and Christmas in particular would be a bummer in later years. Anyone planning on taking a TTC break over the next few months to avoid a holiday due date?

Re: Christmas Babies

• eh, no. i have come too far to stop now! no breaks for me til i absolutely have to :)

in regards to the bday close to the holidays, i know a kid whose birthday is christmas day, and his parents always threw him a blowout birthday bash... in july. lol. i guess they weren't gonna let him get robbed of 2 celebrations! 

trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • I don't know if we'll be planning on taking a break. I guess it depends on when we stop taking this break.

DH has a Christmas birthday (12/21) and my grandfather had a Christmas birthday (12/24). One of them has good experiences (family that tried really really hard to make birthdays non-Christmas-y) and one had fairly poor but unavoidable experiences (one shoe for birthday, one shoe for Christmas - poor family).

It's all what you do with it.

Married: 4/2012 ~ DS: 11/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Nope, not taking a break.

My family has more than its fair share of birthdays around the holidays. My nephew, sister, and mother all have birthdays within a week of Christmas. While it is not ideal, there is no way I would take a break. I will take a BFP any chance I get.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was pretty sure most due dates right now are for Sept...that's still a while before the holidays...

Either way, I am not putting TTC on hold for anything.   

*********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagevictoriajames:
    While having a baby for Christmas next year would be a wonderful gift, I can't help but think that a birthday that close to the holidays and Christmas in particular would be a bummer in later years. Anyone planning on taking a TTC break over the next few months to avoid a holiday due date?

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

I was wondering when the first...will you TTA to not have an Xmas baby????....was going to be posted.

No. It's ridiculous to TTA to not have a baby during Christmas. My birthday is 8 days before Christmas and it was never an issue. You just make a point to celebrate both...and don't use Christmas wrapping paper for birthday presents. The end. It's not that hard.

Anniversary

• As someone who just came off the December 2012 BMB, I can tell you that this topic gets beat to death on that board.  The general consensus among the mothers on the board is that it is up to the parents to make the baby's birthday special. 

My son was born on December 1 and I love that he will have a birthday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is my absolute favorite time of year. And, my wedding anniversary is December 4 so we have lots to celebrate at that time.

Final point, TTC right now would not give you a Christmas baby.  It's a late March/early April BFP that would give you a Christmas baby.  

• As a December baby myself, I know I love having my birthday so close to Christmas. So, no I absolutely will not be TTA. Why waste time?
  • No I would never avoid just because my child might have a birthday around and/or on a holiday. You can't control everything, so even if the due date is near a holiday that doesn't mean that is when the child will be born.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • My sister's birthday is 12/28 and when she was younger it bothered her that she never really got to have a party with her classmates, but once she hit high school she really embraced it.  Our family makes sure that all Christmas parties are done by 12/27 and then she pretty much birthday parties from 12/28 to 12/31.  It's so hard to get all of her friends in town on the same day during that period that she always says, "I'm more than happy to let y'all celebrate my birth on any day that suits you best!"

When she was younger, we started celebrating her half-birthday (6/28), and she's kept that tradition going as well.  Holiday birthdays a bummer?  Nope!  It's all about how you work it!

ETA:  Her first bday party this year was 12/27 and she managed to schedule some sort of party every single day through 1/1.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • No breaks here. DH's birthday is a week before Christmas and mine is 3 weeks after so while I'm hoping for a BFP soon, I think a Christmas baby would be fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • Fluck no!

I want a take home baby! I don't care what month it is.

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I won't be TTA, but Christmas already maxes out my stress level as it is. I imagine having a newborn would be a lot of learning, and bonding as a new family, and I really wouldn't want to go through the hecticness of Christmas during that time. Especially all of the get-togethers during flu season with a newborn.

But we'd make it work, and I'm sure it'd all be okay and worth it.

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• No way!  I want a winter baby, even if that means a christmas baby.  I'm a knitter and the more knitted things I can bang out for something tiny the better!  :D
  • Christ are we already starting these posts?

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So happy to see that new and fresh topics are being discussed here these days.
  • I'm not!  My birthday is Christmas Eve and I have always loved it.  My parents always made sure that my birthday was seperate from Christmas.  All my presents were in birthday paper and my party was always sometime in the first few weekends of December.  We always did Christmas with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve and I felt so special because everyone was able to get together on my birthday (even if it was for Christmas). Wink  The month of December is magical and I just love my birthday being a part of it!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• No we won't be tta. Dh's birthday is 4 days before christmas and my birthday is 3 days afterward and my mother's birthday is on New Year's eve. I was due on christmas day but thankfully that didn't happen.

Sometimes it sucked when people would give me a christmas present that doubled as a birthday present, but for the most part it wasn't that bad. The people who really care still come to the party and celebrate.

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• imageTamma254:
    As a December baby myself, I know I love having my birthday so close to Christmas. So, no I absolutely will not be TTA. Why waste time?

My sentiments exactly. :D

imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
  • imageColeRose:

imagegrahamlove:

I was wondering when the first...will you TTA to not have an Xmas baby????
    ....was going to be posted.

No. It's ridiculous to TTA to not have a baby during Christmas. My birthday is 8 days before Christmas and it was never an issue. You just make a point to celebrate both...and don't use Christmas wrapping paper for birthday presents. The end. It's not that hard.

Lolz me too!

And nopity, nope, nope OP. If I'm putting my career at risk not TTA for the next year, I'm not going to take a break because of a birthday during the holidays.

We are two souls with one thought....

...lol I was watching too much Sex and the City today. Lol

Anniversary

• I'm a December baby and I am 100% AWESOME SAUCE.
    When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • imagejaytee16:

I was pretty sure most due dates right now are for Sept...that's still a while before the holidays...

Either way, I am not putting TTC on hold for anything.   

Yep...pretty sure we have a few months before holiday b-days.   I would love a holiday baby.  Perfect time for adorable newborn pics.

my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • my son's birthday is November 27th and even though it isn't too close to Christmas I wouldn't mind if it was. I bought his birthday and Christmas presents throughout the year and split up my stockpile between the two. I never had to step foot into a store after August to do his Christmas shopping. Obviously as he gets older there will be specific toys he wants so I won't do everything in advance.

It would be a stupid reason not to TTC and many women on here who have been through losses likely find it offensive

• imageColeRose:
    imagegrahamlove:
    imageColeRose:

imagegrahamlove:

I was wondering when the first...will you TTA to not have an Xmas baby????
    ....was going to be posted.

Lolz me too!

And nopity, nope, nope OP. If I'm putting my career at risk not TTA for the next year, I'm not going to take a break because of a birthday during the holidays.

We are two souls with one thought....

...lol I was watching too much Sex and the City today. Lol

image&nbsp;

I love you.

Anniversary

• I will not be taking a break.  It's definitely not my first choice to have a holiday baby but at this point there will be no breaks.  I'll take whatever I can get.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • imagecomeongetdown:
    We won't TTA just because of Holidays.  We will be thankful to be blessed with a baby any time of the year! 
    I completely agree with this.
  • Bwahahaha, who called it the other week about this question happening around the New Year?

Ahh, good to see some things about the Bump never. ever. ever. change.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS was born 12/18. It's not so bad celebrating his birthday the week before Christmas, it's just that we have a few other December birthdays in my family and they usually get lumped together in one celebration. When he is older and has his own friends we'll do his own special day with his friends but for now with family it's just easier to do everyone at once. So for that reason we are purposely not going to start TTC until later spring and aim for February 2014 or later due date. 

We usually put away some toys that DS receives for his birthday and Christmas to take out at later times during the year. Works for now but I'm sure as he gets older and takes more notice of his loot it won't be as easy to tuck it away without him noticing. ;) 

• no chance. I would love an early in the year birthday or spring/summer but clearly we can't choose
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKdgTeacher:

Bwahahaha, who called it the other week about this question happening around the New Year?

Ahh, good to see some things about the Bump never. ever. ever. change.

That was me. Same shiit, different posters. Congrats on your 2nd trimester!

• imagemamababy:
    my son's birthday is November 27th and even though it isn't too close to Christmas I wouldn't mind if it was. I bought his birthday and Christmas presents throughout the year and split up my stockpile between the two. I never had to step foot into a store after August to do his Christmas shopping. Obviously as he gets older there will be specific toys he wants so I won't do everything in advance. nbsp;It would be a stupid reason not to TTC and many women on here who have been through losses likely find it offensive

I feel terrible that I may have offended some of you. That wasn't at all my intention. I only know a few people with December birthdays but none of them liked that they got meshed with Christmas.

I thought for sure there would be a few TTA October to January bdays or some portion on the middle. Maybe even to just spread the costs of holidays and birthdays throughout the year.

Seems silly now that I really think about it, but I guess I would have known better if I had been lurking on this board last year, lol!
  • Nope. I just want a baby regardless of when his/her birthday is.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Grandfather's Birthday was December 21st...

No breaks I am hoping this round sticks because my Dad turns 65 in Sept and thats when I would be due would love to say your getting a Grandbaby for your Birthday =D 

Me: 31 DH: 33 Married : 12 Years going on 16 years together TTC since 9/2001 11/2012 100 MG Clomid 12/2012 200 MG Clomid: IUI 12/26 2 Week Wait Praying for a miracle
  • My bday is on Valentines day I know not dec. but is a holiday! my parents made a point to celebrate each separate and now DH does the same! Its all what you make of it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My birthday is a week before Christmas, and I hate it. Always have, not gonna lie. My brother (whose birthday is a week after Christmas) actually started TTC in may to avoid a Xmas baby, and they were successful on their first attempt. Nephew was born at the end of January. 

It would be my preference to not have a December baby if I had a choice.  That said, I will not be TTA to avoid a December baby. I don't have the 'choice' here, or else I would already be pregnant. I'm not giving up that chance when the odds are are already against me.  Whenever it all works out, I will be thankful. 

baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • We aren't going to take any breaks.  It is what it is really.  When it happens it'll happen.  So if that means a Christmas baby then by all means, that is what is in the cards for us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Even though I hate my December birthday, I agree with many of the other PPs....I'm not taking a break for anything!  If December is when we are blessed to have a baby, then I will make sure I do something to make sure my LO won't hate their birthday like I hate mine.

When I met my DH, he decided to celebrate my half-birthday rather than my birthday.  It was fun!  I never got to enjoy a June birthday before!  That way, I was able to enjoy a day just for me, rather than combining it with Christmas.  Plus, I know it helped him out otherwise Bday/Xmas presents at the same time were tough.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is actually one of the main reasons I am wanting to start trying over the summer. 1) The thought of being huge pregnant during the hot, humid New England summer months sounds terrible, 2) I don't want to have to worry about snow storms making travel to the hospital difficult when the time comes, and 3) I didn't want a birthday falling so close to the holidays. My birthday is January 4th and growing up it always made parties and gifts a little more difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"