June 2013 Moms

Something different... GTKY :-) (thanks BLT)

As long as I've been on these boards (which hasn't been too long), I haven't seen intro's that aren't related to pregnancy/how far along/ect.  I'd like to get to know some of you ladies more b/c honestly, I think most of you are pretty cool.  So, why not tell me a bit about yourself, other than you're pregnant?  You can be as vague as you like, since some of you may not want to reveal your identity.

I will start this introduction off...

My name is Stella. I am 31 years old. Married my wonderful husband in July.  We've been together for 3y5m. I live in a bodunk town in Maryland, but was born and raised in a suburb of Philadelphia.  I work full time at a lawfirm.  I have two dogs that are chihuahua's.  They love my husband more than me.  My likes are Real Housewives, Philly sports teams, crafting, reading and writing and scary movies.  I hate the outdoors b/c I have a skin allergy to the sun (its nothing that keeps me in doors, but it's irritating and ugly looking when I break out in a full rash when I'm laying out lol), and I HATE bugs.  My fears are bugs, tornados & ghosts.  Yes, I believe in ghosts, not b/c I've seen them, but b/c I fear if I don't believe in them, they will haunt me.

So, there ya have it. That's me :-)

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

Re: Something different... GTKY :-) (thanks BLT)

• Awesome! Great Idea, I jumped in too late to do an intro so I've never been 'formally' in.

My name is Amanda, I'm 23 years old. I live in the Central Valley in beautiful CA. I work full time but am trying so hard to get my hours down (i absolutely hate my job).

My DH just graduated from college (its like all the stress just blew away between us =D). We've been married for just over 2 years now and this will be our first child. I think he's more excited than I am, so it's super cute.

I actually love my in-laws far more than my own family. They are supportive and not pushy, my family is just a bunch of selfish jerks, who can't talk to each other.

I'm also a huge fat nerd, I love playing videos games and that's all I did with my DH during Christmas/New Years break.

I think the one thing I'm most excited about with having a kid: I can actually cook! I wont be getting home from work late, I'll have all day to think about what I'm going to do for dinner and if it takes 6 hours, I can start it early =D

Me and Zech

• This is a good idea...

My name is Megan. I'm 31. I've been with my DH for almost 13 years, married for 11.5 years and we live in Missouri. I work from home doing data entry type work. I am also attending college online to get my BS degree in Psychology. DH and I have 4 daughters together, the oldest will be 12 on the 13th of this month, the next one will be 11 on the 31st of this month, DD3 will be 9 in March, and DD4 turned 5 in August. 

I love sewing. I've made quilts/blankets, purses/handbags, clothing, and a lot of other things. I also love making jewelry and beading. I love to read and I've had a dream I've been hanging onto since I was a little girl to one day be a published author of fiction. I have a book I've been working on off and on for awhile now that I hope one day will be published. 

I love Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Parenthood, Walking Dead, Ghost Hunters, and I have a sick fascination with watching Teen Mom. I also love watching forensic shows.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love this!  I've been posting for a little while now, but never formally introduced myself!

My name is Priscilla and I'm 29 years old.  I'm from Jersey City... but born and raised on Long Island.  I work in NYC as an Executive Assistant and I plan on working till I pop!  My hospital and OB are both within 2 miles from work so it's perfect!  I have been married to my husband Mike for 1 yr and 5 mths.  He's my superman... such an amazing person and truly my best friend!  I am East Indian and he is an Irish mix... so I CANNOT wait to see what our baby will look like!  Hybrid babies are usually cute!  I have two doggies ( I posted about them a few weeks ago).  A fox terrier and boxer.  The boxer will be seeing a behavioralist because I think he's completely untrustworthy... especially with a baby coming into the mix.  Nonetheless... love my fur babies!  My guilty pleasures are Housewives and Netflix!  I have been really into American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, and now I've been watching Breaking Bad.  Total couch potato!  Pre-pregnancy I loved doing yoga and occasionally working out, I tend to have a dirty sense of humor, often outspoken - but I tell it like it is, I love sports, I am a shopoholic (I have a panty fetish... weird I know, but I can never have enough), and LOVE the summertime and the beach!  Nice to meet you!

• Great idea!

My name is Michelle, I live in the Greater  Seattle Area.  My husband and I have been married just over 4 years, and together for nearly 7 now. This will be our first. We've got a dog (cocker spaniel), and 3 cats.

I love crime drama shows, all of them, I'm a sucker for them. My husband and I play video games, but I love going outside when the weather allows. We'll go for long walks at the off-leash dog park anytime the weather is dry and warm enough. I LOVE to cook, and that enhanced by the Gluten Free diet I have to keep. Makes cooking that much more interesting and challenging.

• If you add GTKY(Getting to know you) in the title this may get more responses. Just FYI. :)

I'm Samantha, I'm 25. I currently live in central PA but grew up an Army brat and DH and I have lived in 5 different places in the almost 5 years we've been together. I have 3 middle names(yep, 5 names total) and DH is the II yet we have no intentions of passing on either of our names. I've been in the Army National Guard for 8 years, DH has been in for 12. He's about to embark on his 3rd deployment, I've had one tour to Iraq and will be out before getting to go again. I have an AAS in Law Enforcement and am currently working on my BS in Cyber Security. I have job experience in law enforcement and IT so it seems like the best of both worlds. My dream job would be to work as an intel analyst for DEA because I believe drugs are one of our biggest problems as a nation. But I wouldn't turn down FBI or ICE either. ;) Right now I teach Soldiers who are about to deploy how to use different computer systems that the Army has and its pretty great too.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Fun! I'm Angie, and I'm 27. J and I celebrated 2 years married back in November, and March will be 12 years together. I'm a tax analyst at a large corporation meaning, I do the company's tax returns, as opposed to doing people's tax returns. I tell myself that I like my job. J works in construction and hates it. We live in Texas, and have a maltepoo, Crispin. I'm worried about his behavior when baby gets here, because he is very attached to me. I like watching crime dramas too! I pretend like I like crafts but I usually start a new thing and give up before I finish it. I'm normally an overplanner but since getting pregnant I have really mellowed out and have just been going with the flow, and I have to say I really like it.
  • I'm Kristen! I'm 26. I have been married for aaaaaalmost 2 years to my wonderful husband. I am in marketing and my hubby is a gunsmith and manual machinist. His job is way cooler than mine. 

I was born in Chattanooga but have hailed from Atlanta for most of my life. I have a dog and two cats and, much to my husband's joy, I also feed the neighborhood cats and give them all names. Someone needs to be the crazy cat lady and I am stepping up to the plate.

We just moved and I am freaking out about the lack of space... but I am a fairly anxious person so I freak out a lot. A. Lot. But my husband is super mellow, like I would think he did drugs if I didn't know better, so we go well together.  

Umm... I'm also kind of dull. I am an extremely fast reader and I love to write. I also have a deep love affair with Diet Coke.  

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• imageflerlgirl:

I'm Kristen! I'm 26. I have been married for aaaaaalmost 2 years to my wonderful husband. I am in marketing and my hubby is a gunsmith and manual machinist. His job is way cooler than mine. 

I was born in Chattanooga but have hailed from Atlanta for most of my life. I have a dog and two cats and, much to my husband's joy, I also feed the neighborhood cats and give them all names. Someone needs to be the crazy cat lady and I am stepping up to the plate.

We just moved and I am freaking out about the lack of space... but I am a fairly anxious person so I freak out a lot. A. Lot. But my husband is super mellow, like I would think he did drugs if I didn't know better, so we go well together.  

Umm... I'm also kind of dull. I am an extremely fast reader and I love to write. I also have a deep love affair with Diet Coke.  

Three things. 1) Our cousins just moved to Nashville and want us to move there too so we can be next door neighbors. I love TN and would in a heartbeat if we had jobs. 2)DH and I are the same way. I'm medicated for my crazy anxiety and he's total go with the flow guy. 3) I'm a fast reader as well. It is actually annoying reading some with DH because I'll be finished for a good 30 seconds before I can turn the page. Lol.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageflerlgirl:

I'm Kristen! I'm 26. I have been married for aaaaaalmost 2 years to my wonderful husband. I am in marketing and my hubby is a gunsmith and manual machinist. His job is way cooler than mine. 

Three things. 1) Our cousins just moved to Nashville and want us to move there too so we can be next door neighbors. I love TN and would in a heartbeat if we had jobs. 2)DH and I are the same way. I'm medicated for my crazy anxiety and he's total go with the flow guy. 3) I'm a fast reader as well. It is actually annoying reading some with DH because I'll be finished for a good 30 seconds before I can turn the page. Lol.

1. TN is SO beautiful. I just feel...calmer... there. Are you going to move there? I guess not since you're still in the middle of your current move :)

2. Ha! Must be something in the water. I'm glad DH is mellow but sometimes I'm like WILL YOU PLEASE JUST FLIP OUT WITH ME.

3. Yes! My DH is so very talented at many things... but I swear he reads 2 words per minute. You and I should read together and then our husbands can go read slowly somewhere else.  

ETA I just saw the part where you would move if you could. I am fast reader but not a very smart one :) 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Fun idea.

I'm Cynthia, and I go by any nickname variation you can think of. My partner, T, and I have been together for almost 6 years. This is our first child, and the first grandchild for his parents and my dad and stepmom. My mom already has a grandchild through my half-sister, but she's still super excited because I'm her oldest.

We live in Orange County, CA, but we are moving closer to San Diego next month. I've been putting off buying stuff for the baby until we move, so shi1t's gonna get real once we move.

About me, I'm unemployed, and I currently spend most of my time watching movies and yelling at my cat (he's quite obnoxious). I also really love to read. I'll give almost any kind of book a chance. I really love the escapism. Right now, I'm really loving the Ice & Fire series (Game of Thrones), and Stephen King is always at the top of my list.

What else.... Oh, I also love to cook. I know it's not for everyone, but for me, it's very relaxing and fun. 

griffin
  • I'll play.

I'm Amie, I'm 30, I live in the NYC 'burbs. Met my hubs in college; we have been together 10 years and married for five. I used to work as an editor and chose to SAH with DD and this kiddo until they're both in school. I hope to be a writer someday. My H is an NYPD detective and I'm very proud of him. We have three shelter furbabies; a dog and two cats. I love horses and rode competitively for many years, now I just like to hang out with horses and worked at a local stable for a year before getting pregnant. I like good beer, skiing, shopping, reading, camping, road trips. I love Sunday Football and NHL hockey (wah). My favorite place in the world is Acadia NP in Maine, and I've been to a good 10+ National Parks out west on geology trips in college and can't wait to share that experience again with my family. I have a paralyzing fear of stinging insects. And my fingers are double-jointed; I can bend them all the way back so that they touch the top of my hand. :)

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imagebluelovin:

This is a good idea...

My name is Megan. I'm 31. I've been with my DH for almost 13 years, married for 11.5 years and we live in Missouri. I work from home doing data entry type work. I am also attending college online to get my BS degree in Psychology. DH and I have 4 daughters together, the oldest will be 12 on the 13th of this month, the next one will be 11 on the 31st of this month, DD3 will be 9 in March, and DD4 turned 5 in August. 

I love sewing. I've made quilts/blankets, purses/handbags, clothing, and a lot of other things. I also love making jewelry and beading. I love to read and I've had a dream I've been hanging onto since I was a little girl to one day be a published author of fiction. I have a book I've been working on off and on for awhile now that I hope one day will be published. 

I love Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Parenthood, Walking Dead, Ghost Hunters, and I have a sick fascination with watching Teen Mom. I also love watching forensic shows.

I may pick your brain on how you got into the data entry work. I'm been researching it the last 2 or 3 weeks and can't find anything that's not "scam"ish.

Me and Zech

• imageCynthiaC1213:

Fun idea.

I'm Cynthia, and I go by any nickname variation you can think of. My partner, T, and I have been together for almost 6 years. This is our first child, and the first grandchild for his parents and my dad and stepmom. My mom already has a grandchild through my half-sister, but she's still super excited because I'm her oldest.

We live in Orange County, CA, but we are moving closer to San Diego next month. I've been putting off buying stuff for the baby until we move, so shi1t's gonna get real once we move.

About me, I'm unemployed, and I currently spend most of my time watching movies and yelling at my cat (he's quite obnoxious). I also really love to read. I'll give almost any kind of book a chance. I really love the escapism. Right now, I'm really loving the Ice & Fire series (Game of Thrones), and Stephen King is always at the top of my list.

What else.... Oh, I also love to cook. I know it's not for everyone, but for me, it's very relaxing and fun. 

You made me snort!!!! LOLLLLLLL!

• imageCynthiaC1213:

Fun idea.

Hey, we're almost neighbors!

I'm QueSyrah and I live in Southern California (Inland Empire) and I've always lived in CA but I would love to live anywhere else.  DH and I have been married for 6 years and we have a son about to turn 3 (eek!) next month. I'm a SAHM and am currently on bedrest due to bleeding as a result of placenta previa.

I love trashy magazines (UsWeekly!), reality tv (Real Housewives!) and reading. I'll read almost anything as long as it doesn't have vampires. But I do have a soft spot for chick lit.  Totally addicted to coffee and spend obnoxious amounts of money at Starbucks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name's MaryAnne, I'm 29, Scorpio, and I've been married to my husband for a little over 4 years, together 8 total. I'm a library clerk in a mid-sized national law firm based in Milwaukee, and live just outside the city. Literally - the city border's a quarter mile off our driveway. My husband's 33, and he does IT/Staff Instruction for a company that specializes in training people in non-violent crisis interventions for corporations, hospitals and schools, and he likes it. It keeps him out of trouble.

In my spare time I love to read. Love it. My favorite books that I've read to the point where the spines break are The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, and the Song of Ice and Fire series. I am also entirely too obsessed with Ice and Fire, and Game of Thrones as a result, and can spew off any number of trivia bits about it. Go ahead. Test me. I dare you.

I also like watching medical/mystery/forensic shows, and whatever's on A&E as long as it's Hoarders, Intervention, or Beyond Scared Straight. I also like to fantasize about cleaning although rarely actually do it, play the Sims 2, and write. 

• imageMichelin82:

I'm Michelle.  I'm 30.  Married DH 5 years ago, but we've been together a little over 8 years.  I work as an inside sales manager for a large company and really enjoy it.  I am a science geek and have a biology degree from Penn State.  Currently working on my MBA.  I love to travel and did a ton of it with and without DH before the arrival of DS.  It'll be awhile before we do anymore significant traveling!

I'm pretty boring - not much else to talk about!! 

LET'S GO STATE!!!!!!!!

• Well dont I feel like the "OLD BAT" of the group LOL

My name is Courtney and I am 36. Dom and I have been married for a little over 2 years, together for 4 and this is our first child.  This is a first marriage for both of us and we always say we wish we met each other earlier in lives..

I am a Controller for a small beverage company in Philadelphia.  and totally hate my job LOL.. I also teach ballet/tap/jazz and hip hop to little ones and the pay is minimal but I enjoy it so much....I took this year off from dancing school even before I knew that I was pregnant in the hopes that we would be getting a BFP soon.

I live in South Jersey and have come to the realization that I will probably die in the town I now live in.  Doms family pretty much all lives in our 1 square mile town...and well I moved so much growing up that I kind of like the stability and having family so close.

My husband and I own a bait and tackle store along the Delaware River, and in the winter we moved our focus to selling model trains (Dom is a huge model train buff so now he gets them at wholesale...god help me LOL)! We will go back to bait and tackle in a month or so.  That however does not pay our bills....Dom is an independant consultant and that scares the he!! out of me...we are planning or me to stay home once the little one comes....but I think we shall see.

I love to scrapbook and spend any free time I have scrapping with friends. I just got a sewing machine for christmas from my MIL so I am hoping to learn that skill also...I think I have babbled enough...Nice getting to know you ladies...

and i have to say you ladies are pretty much the most normal bunch on these boards..some of the other boards scare me LOL

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • imagecampergrlsugar:

Well dont I feel like the "OLD BAT" of the group LOL

My name is Courtney and I am 36. Dom and I have been married for a little over 2 years, together for 4 and this is our first child.  This is a first marriage for both of us and we always say we wish we met each other earlier in lives..

I am a Controller for a small beverage company in Philadelphia.  and totally hate my job LOL.. I also teach ballet/tap/jazz and hip hop to little ones and the pay is minimal but I enjoy it so much....I took this year off from dancing school even before I knew that I was pregnant in the hopes that we would be getting a BFP soon.

I live in South Jersey and have come to the realization that I will probably die in the town I now live in.  Doms family pretty much all lives in our 1 square mile town...and well I moved so much growing up that I kind of like the stability and having family so close.

My husband and I own a bait and tackle store along the Delaware River, and in the winter we moved our focus to selling model trains (Dom is a huge model train buff so now he gets them at wholesale...god help me LOL)! We will go back to bait and tackle in a month or so.  That however does not pay our bills....Dom is an independant consultant and that scares the he!! out of me...we are planning or me to stay home once the little one comes....but I think we shall see.

I love to scrapbook and spend any free time I have scrapping with friends. I just got a sewing machine for christmas from my MIL so I am hoping to learn that skill also...I think I have babbled enough...Nice getting to know you ladies...

and i have to say you ladies are pretty much the most normal bunch on these boards..some of the other boards scare me LOL

We fair from the same area :-) Although, Im in Cecil Co. now.

• My name is Jennifer,28, and I'm the middle child. All of our names start with J's and all my kids names will start with B's. Its a family tradition for all your kids names to start with the same letter. I have been with DH for almost 11 years and been married for 3 years.  DH came from abusive step father and my parents let him move in with us when I was 17 and he was 21.  We got married when DS1 was 2 and got pregnant with DS2 3 months after that. I have been a SAHM since DS1 was 9 months because it was not worth me driving almost 100 miles a day and also pay for daycare. I will not go back to work until all the kids are in school.

We live in Texas in a gated community that has someone at the guard gate 24/7. You have to call them when let them know when someone is coming to visit you, we have a sticker on a windshield to let them know that we live here and we don't have to stop and talk to them. We have to pay an extra 60.00 a month to leave here since are a private community. I truly hate living here because there are so many rules but It's also a great place for our kids to grow up in. We have a tennis court, golf course(we were married here), private lake/swimming area, horse stables and a air strip(for the 2 people that have small planes). It might sound like you have to have lots of money to leave you but you don't. It has gone down in recent years because the board members have tried to miss manage our money but finally some people have stood up to them and some things have changed but it's going by slow. I really want to move but I love the house we live in because it's the place our kids we brought home too and I want to tell that to our grandchildren some day. I want to say that when we are 60 years old that we live in the same house that we were married in, had children and grandchildren in. 

I love the computer game, The Sims, also love to scrapbook. I plan on breastfeeding LO even thought it's going to be hard because I have to go on a dairy and soy free diet starting in 3rd trimester. Both boys suffers from these allergies but now they can tolerate processed food. It's really hard to do the diet because everything had dairy in it but it's better than paying $45.00 a can for formula. I did try with DS2 but when he was three weeks old I tried feeding him breast milk and he choked and started turning blue. I was scared to death so after that we just stuck with Formula. Hopefully Breastfeeding works out with LO

Sorry that its's so long!! 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Hi girls! My name is Nicole. I am 27, and have been married to my husband for 3.5 years! Our wedding anniversary is on the 4th of July. I went to Pitt and work as a chemist. I would love to stay at home but we just bought our first home in June so it really isn't an option right now. Luckily my mother in law, who lives 5 minutes from us, retired last month and wants to be a full time grandma! I absolutely love trashy shows like teen mom, every single city of real housewives, jersey shore, and really any reality singing competition there is haha. I also loveee to read. I just finished divergent/insurgent and am now reading gone girl. Also, my husband and I are die hard Pittsburgh Steeler fans! So this baby already has steeler onesies and bibs! That is actually how we told my family we were expecting. We were all going to a game and I wrapped up steeler baby gear and told them to save it for next year!
  • I'm with CamperGrls, this is making me feel old.

I'm Nic (Nicole) and I'm 34.  DH and I have been married for 6yrs, together for 10ish.  We live in a smallish city in central Washington state.  If you've had an apple, cherry, or beer recently then it's probably come from around here.  DH is a dentist and I'm a part-time freelance grantwriter.  We have 2 little girls.

I love Downton Abbey, Jane Austen, and live theatre. My claim to fame is that I saw Phatom of the Opera and Les Mis in one day while on study tour in London.  My music taste is pretty eclectic with everything from Katy Perry to Bluegrass/Country and Classical.  I'm also a DIY nut and have been known to replace drywall and electrical outlets in my 3rd trimester. An awesome Saturday afternoon is having America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Country, and This Old House on TV while the girls nap.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My name is Meredith and I am 21 years old. I live in southern WV and am in my junior year of college. I am double majoring in Geography and History (which I am at a complete loss for what I am going to do with). I work as a lab tech to one of the Geography professors. I have been with my boyfriend for nearly four years. I love books. I will honestly read anything. I mean, I will read shampoo bottles if they are the only thing I can get my hands on. My favorite tv shows are Bones, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones. Our fur-babies are two cats, Felix and Gatsby who are spoiled rotten. I am worried about how they will react to the baby. I have fears of talking teddy bears and supernatural-ish scary movies. No matter how much sunscreen I use, I burn (SPF 100 every 5 minutes and I still get lobster red). I'm hoping to get more comfortable with this group. I am dreadfully shy, but you all seem so nice. Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancy!

• I'm Lindsey and I'm 24.  My husband is Michael and is 26. We got married in March 2012 so we will have our 1 year anniversary March 24th, but we will also have been together a total of 4 years at the beginning of March.  We bought a house about a year and a half ago and have totally redone everything! (it was a foreclosure house) We finally finished everything in the house this summer! Perfect timing!

We were both born and raised in Missouri...about 20 minute drive from St. Louis. We met while we both worked at a car dealership.  I was a cashier/receptionist and he was/still is a salesman there. He was super shy and it took us forever to start dating! I have a degree in Accounting that I got from Lindenwood University. I now work as an Accounting Administrative Assistant at a fulfillment and distribution center. 

We are close to both of our families and see them a lot!  We have no pets but will be dog sitting my mom's dog in February (her dog, Sadie, was actually born the day we got married and she loves us so I always say she has a connection to us). 

We had decided we would try to get pregnant about 6 months after the wedding (when we had our honeymoon) Well we stopped birth control a month before the cruise and apparently got pregnant 2 days later because the day we came back I took a test and it was positive! This is the first baby for both of us and we couldn't be more excited.  He started talking about trying to conceive 2 weeks after our wedding!

I love to read but I also love me some trash TV! :) My husband loves to hunt/do anything outside.  I've went hunting with him twice and it will be tough for him to make me go a third time :)

Congrats to everyone else on your pregnancies...I'm glad I have so many awesome women to experience everything with!!! 

Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• imageMrsAuby:

I'm Lindsey and I'm 24.  My husband is Michael and is 26. We got married in March 2012 so we will have our 1 year anniversary March 24th, but we will also have been together a total of 4 years at the beginning of March.  We bought a house about a year and a half ago and have totally redone everything! (it was a foreclosure house) We finally finished everything in the house this summer! Perfect timing!

We were both born and raised in Missouri...about 20 minute drive from St. Louis. We met while we both worked at a car dealership.  I was a cashier/receptionist and he was/still is a salesman there. He was super shy and it took us forever to start dating! I have a degree in Accounting that I got from Lindenwood University. I now work as an Accounting Administrative Assistant at a fulfillment and distribution center. 

We are close to both of our families and see them a lot!  We have no pets but will be dog sitting my mom's dog in February (her dog, Sadie, was actually born the day we got married and she loves us so I always say she has a connection to us). 

We had decided we would try to get pregnant about 6 months after the wedding (when we had our honeymoon) Well we stopped birth control a month before the cruise and apparently got pregnant 2 days later because the day we came back I took a test and it was positive! This is the first baby for both of us and we couldn't be more excited.  He started talking about trying to conceive 2 weeks after our wedding!

I love to read but I also love me some trash TV! :) My husband loves to hunt/do anything outside.  I've went hunting with him twice and it will be tough for him to make me go a third time :)

Congrats to everyone else on your pregnancies...I'm glad I have so many awesome women to experience everything with!!! 

Do you still live in the St. Louis area? I live in Warrenton. 

• imageandreamarie77:
    imagesingahappysong:

I may pick your brain on how you got into the data entry work. I'm been researching it the last 2 or 3 weeks and can't find anything that's not "scam"ish.

Same here - if you have any helpful info on this, can you PM me? Is it for a company you know or just found as a work from home job? I'd love to be a SAHM but am a little leery of some of the work from home companies I see online.

I just sent you both a PM Smile

• I'm Courtney, 27 (I just typed 25-delete-6-delete-7..haha). I live in coastal NC and I absolutely love it. DH and I met in high school and had mutual friends, flirted a lot, but never dated. I thought he was weird, he thought I was spoiled.  After college, we met again out one night with the same mutual friends. That was about six years ago and we just celebrated our one year anniversary in September.

I am a speech pathologist and absolutely love it. I work with children and adults.  DH and I just moved to the beach from the town we grew up in which is about an hour and half away.  I have a half sister and half brother from my biological father, but I'm my mom and (step) dad's only child, so if DH thought I was spoiled he better get ready.

I'd say my biggest hobby is traveling.  I've been to London, Paris, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, but I have to say the caribbean is my absolute favorite area. I can't pick one place... anywhere with sun, white sand and blue water is fine by me! I also love to shop, which has been less and less about me since we found out we're having a girl! 

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm Courtney, 27 (I just typed 25-delete-6-delete-7..haha). I live in coastal NC and I absolutely love it. DH and I met in high school and had mutual friends, flirted a lot, but never dated. I thought he was weird, he thought I was spoiled.  After college, we met again out one night with the same mutual friends. That was about six years ago and we just celebrated our one year anniversary in September.

I am a speech pathologist and absolutely love it. I work with children and adults.  DH and I just moved to the beach from the town we grew up in which is about an hour and half away. We are in the process of buying our first house (closing is scheduled for Jan 21)!!! I have a half sister and half brother from my biological father, but I'm my mom and (step) dad's only child, so if DH thought I was spoiled he better get ready.

I'd say my biggest hobby is traveling.  I've been to London, Paris, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, but I have to say the caribbean is my absolute favorite area. I can't pick one place... anywhere with sun, white sand and blue water is fine by me! I also love to shop, which has been less and less about me since we found out we're having a girl! 

EDIT: sorry about the double post. I tried to stop it before posting to add a blurb about the new house.  

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm 27 and a graduate student with an aim to getting my PhD in the biological sciences at some point this year (if I can get my butt in gear!).  DH is 30 and working full time and getting his PhD - we're going to be terribly overeducated ;-)

We live in the South - which I never imagined doing.  I came here for undergrad and I've never left!  DH isn't terribly pleased with us being here (he wants to move out west) - but he's accepted it for now.

I love reading (sci-fi/fantasy is my favorite).  I'm definitely in the Harry Potter fan club.  I love to knit, like to pretend I can sew, and love pinterest for showing me cool crafts.  I'm becoming more and more "crunchy granola" as I get older, and DH puts up with it admirably.  DH is also kind enough to put up with the Star Trek marathon going on in the house thanks to Netflix streaming.  I am a trekkie with no shame about it.  I've even been to a convention :-D  So now that I'm completely out of the closet as a super geek ... ;-)

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • imageskio:
    I'll play.I'm Amie, I'm 30, I live in the NYC 'burbs. Met my hubs in college; we have been together 10 years and married for five. I used to work as an editor and chose to SAH with DD and this kiddo until they're both in school. I hope to be a writer someday. My H is an NYPD detective and I'm very proud of him. We have three shelter furbabies; a dog and two cats. I love horses and rode competitively for many years, now I just like to hang out with horses and worked at a local stable for a year before getting pregnant. I like good beer, skiing, shopping, reading, camping, road trips. I love Sunday Football and NHL hockey wah. My favorite place in the world is Acadia NP in Maine, and I've been to a good 10 National Parks out west on geology trips in college and can't wait to share that experience again with my family. I have a paralyzing fear of stinging insects. And my fingers are doublejointed; I can bend them all the way back so that they touch the top of my hand. :

I'm a bigger sports but than DH. I drag him to watch football with me. In fact we will be getting cable in our new apartment solely because its cheaper than going out every time there's a game I want to see. Football, hockey and baseball are all favorites.

CJ 05/29/2013

• It's nice to "meet" all you ladies out there!

My name is Kaitlin. I am 23 years old and I hail from Sacramento, CA. (capitol city for us california folk). I have been with my husband for roughly 3 years, married in April of 2013. He is 10 years older than myself and has two 10 year old twins from his first marriage. 1 boy, 1 girl and they are SO much fun. They stay with us most of the time and we absolutely adore/spoil them. I work full time for a local MINI Cooper Dealer, I am in sales and the only woman on my sales team. i LOVE MINI's. DH & I both drive them, its in our "blood". :)

I am a bit of a geek, love video games (we own a 2 ps3's, xbox 360, 3 3DS's, 1 PSP, PS2, PS1, Nintendo *original*) and as of today 1 Mortal Kombat Arcade Machine *original* in our garage. love Dr.Who, Torchwood & Top Gear. Avid Reader and I cannot wait to introduce my little man to all these fun things.

My Husband & Myself are also huge classic car fans. or rather cars in general. He comes from a car family and teaches Automotive Collision Technology for a living. Part of the reason the name Hudson stuck so well is because of the Hudson Motor Car company! 

I have over 10 tattoos last time I counted and I do not plan on stoping anytime soon. Call me crazy if you will, but I find them to be beautiful and just another art forms. 

Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• Yay! I'll play :)

My name is Rachel, I'm 29, and I live in central Illinois. I'm a music therapist and I also teach voice/piano/guitar lessons. I own my own studio which means I work from home and LOVE it. My DH is Zach; he sells insurance for AAA. We've been married 4.5 years and have a fur baby, Sadie (golden retriever). 

We love to travel -- this year we went to Europe, Hawaii, the Florida Keys, and are going to Laguna Beach, CA in April -- and hope to continue traveling somewhat after the baby comes. When we're not traveling, I'm playing music gigs around town and Zach plays in several indoor and outdoor soccer leagues. We are obsessed with all the Showtime series, and I personally also love Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and The New Girl. 

• This is a great idea!  I haven't introduced myself at all so here I go.

I am a Kindergarten teacher.  What ever free time I have I like to spend it running, reading, camping, traveling, or sewing/quilting.  I am trying to make a quilt for the baby and make everything for the nursery.  My husband is also a teacher so we are able to spend lots of time together.

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half.  We have been together for 8 years.  This will be our 1st kid and we're both very excited.  We have a beagle who is getting older and grumpier so I'm not sure how she'll do with the new baby.  She completely avoids our 6 month old neice so I guess that's better than licking her to death.  She always gets this very annoyed look on her face and just seems to say "Are you kidding me?  Do I really have to be in the same house as that thing?"

I look forward to getting to know more of you!

• imagebluelovin:
    imageMrsAuby:

I'm Lindsey and I'm 24.  My husband is Michael and is 26. We got married in March 2012 so we will have our 1 year anniversary March 24th, but we will also have been together a total of 4 years at the beginning of March.  We bought a house about a year and a half ago and have totally redone everything! (it was a foreclosure house) We finally finished everything in the house this summer! Perfect timing!

Do you still live in the St. Louis area? I live in Warrenton. 

Yea, we live in St. Peters...we're pretty close!
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• imagebluelovin:
    imageandreamarie77:
    imagesingahappysong:

Same here - if you have any helpful info on this, can you PM me? Is it for a company you know or just found as a work from home job? I'd love to be a SAHM but am a little leery of some of the work from home companies I see online.

Now I'm interested too! Especially now that I know you live near me :)

Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• Aww I'm late in the game on this. I'm Danielle. I'm 28 years old. I've been married to my husband for 4 years. We have one son, Ryan otherwise known as Pork Chop. He is 9 months old.  We live in East Tennessee. 

I work part time with special needs students at a community college. I have a BA in Political Science and a Masters of Public Adminsitration. Once I'm done popping out kids, I'm going back into the workforce. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my little Pork Chop, but I love working too. I would love to be a City Manager or Finance Director of a municipality. I have a passion for local stuff- news, government, businesses, etc. I also love international news and politics as well. Economist is one of my favorite reads right now. I do read Ryan normal kid books, but we are also going through a Middle Eastern history book. He's very well versed in Abbasid commerce right now ;)

I love Duck Dynasty, Maury, Game of Thrones, Family Guy. Kind of a weird mix.  I have three dogs - a chiweenie, a purebred mutt (hehe) that looks like a dingo, and a Bluetick coonhound. They are all rescue/pound puppies. 

Thats a lot about me.  

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hi ladies!

I'm Christy and my husband name is Bora, or Bora Bora for short. We have been married about a year and half and this is out first baby. I'm from Charleston, WV and we now live in Charleston, SC. Bora is from Turkey so we have to make that long trip when we visit his family. I have a BS and DPT in physical therapy and work as senior PT at a rehab hopspital specializing in neuro rehab. I love my job, but if we could afford it I would probably work part time or PRN, but then I'd have to give up the managing aspect and I like being in charge too much.

I like working puzzles (jigsaw), going to the beach in winter or summer, dancing, baking, facebooking Embarrassed, and traveling. Bora and I have gone to some pretty cool places together and hopefully we will get to show this LO much of the world as well. Our current dream trip is Bora Bora, I think we may be able to get something free since that's DH's name, right??

I am a horrible procrastinator but everything always seems to come together for me. Being on TB and seeing all y'all working on baby projects, nurseries, and buying gear is helping me to get started earlier than I would on my own. I thank you for that :)

imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Oh fun stuff!

I'm going to be 27 next month, crazy to think since I started on botb when I was 21 and a newlywed. It took us 5 years to get pregnant with DS he's 10 months now. Can't believe I'm pregnant again! Very awesome for us!

I stay at home, and love reading. I haven't had much time at all since DS was born but one day I will read for fun again.

I've been with my husband for almost 8 years, married for over 5. We have two big dogs, a mastiff and a lab. We used to tent camp a lot and would like to again as the kids get older. My husband builds classic cars and likes to drag race. He also loves his big diesel truck and muddin' in his jeep that he's built up for it. He has been dying to lift my Durango but I'd beat him if he did, I'm 5'3" and hate climbing into his trucks never mind lifting babies and car seats.

I'm a strong willed, very opinionated, very direct person and I reaaaaallly struggle with people who beat around the bush. Likewise, people who beat around the bush really struggle with how direct I am. :]

These days I spend chasing my little man all around while he chases the animals. I get an unhealthy amount of pleasure out of watching my 15.5lb baby spooking my 190lb mastiff. She's so scared of him because he doesn't pet gently lol.
    Pg with #2
  • Hello all!  I'm Jessica and I'm 31.  My husband and I just got married on September 21st and our estimated date of conception is September 24 so this has all happened VERY quickly!   We are super excited but I don't feel financially prepared for this baby.  My husband is the greatest thing ever.  We've been together for about 3 1/2 years.  It's crazy because we met at a club and it seemed like a totally random thing but once we had a real first date we just had a great time and couldn't resist each other.

I have a Masters in Counseling and am a mental health therapist who resigned from my full time job right before finding out I was pregnant so I could focus on building my own private practice.  So far it is going great and should enable me to only work about 20 hours a week just a few minutes from home by the time the baby is born but it still creates a bit of worry to not have a stable paycheck, etc. for the time being.  My husband owns his own business and works from home almost all of the time.  

We recently moved to the Atlanta metro area from the DC metro area and I love it!  But I have become a bit of a homebody so haven't met many people.  I hope that changes once I have the baby and that I will connect with other moms.

I have a Maltipoo who is the current baby and it hurts my heart that he might feel left out when the "real" baby comes.  That sounds crazy now that I write it but my dog has been there through some rough years with me.  :-)

What else...I lived in England for about 3 years and used to travel a lot but rarely travel anymore.  I hope that changes in the future!

And I desperately want to get a midsize or larger SUV as soon as possible because I can't comprehend how I am possibly going to fit baby stuff into my compact car. 

I read more than I post on the Bump so I thank you all for the things that I have been learning from you! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsAuby:
    imageMrsveinotte:

Im interested aswell, but live in Canada so I doubt this could work for me :(

I sent you both a PM. 

Lindsey, we are really close to each other! That's kinda neat :)

• imageMrsAuby:
    imagebluelovin:
    imageandreamarie77:
    imagesingahappysong:

I'm interested too!  I looked into this in the past but couldn't find anything that didn't look super sketchy...

Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"