Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OPK question

OPKs arrived yesterday. I had a EWCM 2 days ago so I took OPK test to see if i'd get a positive. i accidentally dipped too long 5sec so i did another one. First one looked neg and second one looked pos. naturally i did a third one and it was neg.

i thought opks would be more definitive and less guessing. I looked at few opk images on line and it seems it is up to the tester what darkness level they take as pos vs negative.

are all pos opk have same dark line as the control?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OPK question

• Options
    You may want to check out peeonastick.com. It has a lot of good info on OPKs.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It can be hard to tell what is actually a positive line when you first start using them. It gets easier the more you use them and you'll become more familiar with what is a positive for you. As PPs said peeonastick.com is a great resource and when in doubt HIO.

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never had an issue with dipping too long, personally. But, you definitely need to read them within the time frame. Wondfos say to read them within 5 mins, but I think some other brands say 10. They are sometimes difficult to gauge. A lot of people, myself included, keep digital OPKs on hand. If a strip looks close to positive but hard to say, then I'll use a digital to confirm. Since they cost more, I don't use a digital every time, only when I'm most likely to be getting a +OPK. If your EWCM was a couple days ago, and you haven't had any since, it is unlikely that your opk is positive, though not impossible. Since you haven't been testing through the cycle, you might have already missed your surge. Temping will help you confirm if you ovulated or not. It is always possible to get a false +OPK too.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Options
    imageAppleMuffins:
    I've never had an issue with dipping too long, personally. But, you definitely need to read them within the time frame. Wondfos say to read them within 5 mins, but I think some other brands say 10. They are sometimes difficult to gauge. A lot of people, myself included, keep digital OPKs on hand. If a strip looks close to positive but hard to say, then I'll use a digital to confirm. Since they cost more, I don't use a digital every time, only when I'm most likely to be getting a OPK. If your EWCM was a couple days ago, and you haven't had any since, it is unlikely that your opk is positive, though not impossible. Since you haven't been testing through the cycle, you might have already missed your surge. Temping will help you confirm if you ovulated or not. It is always possible to get a false OPK too.

thanks, I'll check peeonastick.com as well. I haven't seen a temp rise yet so I'll keep testing just in case.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used the digital clear blue opk. A few times I accidentally dipped it an extra second or two. Didn't really make a difference. A
  • Options
    I am going to use my first one ever in a couple of days, and I went right to the digital one.  I want the results to be as clear as yes or no, which is what the opk I got (First Response) will give

image  imageimage image

O13 March Siggy Contest: AnArChY (I do what I want- & I want FOUR GIFS!)

• Options
    I got wondfo. I figured I'd be using a lot of these and it was the cheapest I could find. I'll try this batch before considering digital ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hope this doesn't make me sound lame, but I got a BUNCH at the dollar store and they were really easy to use... You use a tiny dropper to put in a well, so it's tough to make a mistake. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"