1st Trimester

Just a little confused?

So I went to the hospital because I was cramping up a lot and the ER doctor said that I was 10 weeks 2 days. This was on the 29th of December. Then, I went to my actual doctor yesterday and got my first real ultrasound and at the top corner, it says I am 11 weeks and 5 days. Do I go by what the ER doctor told me or from my regular doctor?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Just a little confused?

• Did either do an ultrasound?  Go by that date.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Also...could anybody figure out what my due date would be if I am 11 weeks and 5 days? lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageelmoali:
    Did either do an ultrasound?  Go by that date.

They both did an ultrasound. The ER did one and so did my doctor. Like I said, the ER doctor came in and told me I was only 10 weeks at that time, not 11 weeks. But when I went to my doctor yesterday, she said I was 11 weeks and 5 days lol they have me so confused.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow...a tiny blonde moment there...I will go back 11 weeks and 5 days..only because that's what she said yesterday when she did my ultrasound. Thank you!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagecortxo1014:
    imageelmoali:
    Did either do an ultrasound?  Go by that date.

They both did an ultrasound. The ER did one and so did my doctor. Like I said, the ER doctor came in and told me I was only 10 weeks at that time, not 11 weeks. But when I went to my doctor yesterday, she said I was 11 weeks and 5 days lol they have me so confused.

Personally I'd go with what the OB said.  The people in that office are going to be better trained in prenatal ultrasound measurements and at this stage, the tiniest margin of error can make it seem like you're days ahead or behind. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• It's only a few days difference. It's really not going to matter much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd probably go by the OB because I imagine that's what they're going to go by. 

I'm assuming you don't know your LMP? 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would go by what the OB says and your LMP.
  • Your OB might have put in your EDD based on your LMP, which is what the machine showed. The ER doc might have used actual measurements to get his number. In my great experience, different U/S printouts will show different things, depending on the settings of the user. Better to ask than to try to interpret yourself.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"