November 2012 Moms

Two Month Vaccines

Gracie was born on Halloween, so she's 2 months now and has hers tomorrow morning. I feel so bad for her! 

Who's had these already?  

If you have, did you give tylenol before or after? :(:(:( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Two Month Vaccines

• I was told with DS1 not to give Tylenol before because it can lower the vaccines efficiency.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Noah had his a few ago. I gave tylenol about an hour after shots and a couple more times that day. He didn't have a fever but I could tell his legs hurt. He would cry when you moved his legs or changed his diaper and was so pitiful. Being a preemie he had scrawny legs. Fortunately this only lasted a day.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LO got his today. It was 3 shots and 1 oral. He screamed for a little while which is expected. I made sure to feed him before because I heard sometimes they don't eat much for the rest of the day. Also I made sure to have a bottle with me to help him calm down. We didn't give him Tylenol before, Dr askedus not to. But, I did give him some about 2 hours after. He seems to be a little fussy but still smiling at his mommy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• We had ours on the 27th. Only 3--- 2 shots and one oral. My little guy did great. Definitely sleepy that day, but no need for any Tylenol at all. 

Good luck. Sometimes I think it is worse for us than them! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My lo was born on 10/24 and we had ours on the 27th. I was told only to give Tylenol only if there is fever. But about three houes after thw shots she was so irritable and screaming, I gave her half of the dose and she was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • We got ours on the 2nd. He cried for 5 minutes. I held him and kissed him. And he was fine. Ate when we got home and slept peacefully. Wasnt even sore at the injection site.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I never gave medicine before shots with LO1, why give medicine if you aren't sure they even need it?
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our pedi does it at 6 weeks instead of 2 months. She had 3 shots and one oral. She cried for about 5 minutes, but then she was fine. I gave her tylenol that night because she had a fever. She slept really good that night, it was nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageweebos8:
    I was told with DS1 not to give Tylenol before because it can lower the vaccines efficiency.  

And I was told not to give Tylenol before because at the appointment they will check to make sure he doesn't have a fever before administering the vaccines. 

-LJ
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"