November 2011 Moms

Spitting

So once LO learned that he was no longer going to have his bottle and it was WCM from now on (took about a week) he has been fine and almost drinking too much of the stuff every day. As of a couple days ago he has started spitting out all liquids. He thinks it's hilarious. The only bottle I have gotten him to keep down is his morning bottle. A part of me knows that if he gets thirsty enough, he will keep it down but it's really unnerving to have him on one 4-5 oz bottle per day. I know he only drank that much when he first started WCM... but he's been doing fine.

There probably isn't much anyone can do about it-- but is anyone having this We tell him "no" or "bad" and encourage him when he does take sips. Anyone else? TIA

Re: Spitting

• My DS started to do something similar with textured foods. As with yours, he thought it was funny, and my 5 year old didn't help matters with laughing at it. After telling him "no", I just stopped saying anything about it. I would wipe it away without a word and continue on with the meal. He also seemed to do this behavior more when he was no longer interested in eating. I would just cut back on the milk for now. It is unnerving to have a baby only take 4-5 oz. of liquid a day! But as you said, when he's thirsty, he'll keep more down.

Have you thought about trying a sippy cup?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRedCamaro:

My DS started to do something similar with textured foods. As with yours, he thought it was funny, and my 5 year old didn't help matters with laughing at it. After telling him "no", I just stopped saying anything about it. I would wipe it away without a word and continue on with the meal. He also seemed to do this behavior more when he was no longer interested in eating. I would just cut back on the milk for now. It is unnerving to have a baby only take 4-5 oz. of liquid a day! But as you said, when he's thirsty, he'll keep more down.

lol I can't imagine what would happen if he had someone encouraging him! We are actually using sippy cups (no bottles since 1 year) but I got him some new ones today so maybe that will help 

• Loading the player...
  • imagewhyme88:
    imageRedCamaro:

My DS started to do something similar with textured foods. As with yours, he thought it was funny, and my 5 year old didn't help matters with laughing at it. After telling him "no", I just stopped saying anything about it. I would wipe it away without a word and continue on with the meal. He also seemed to do this behavior more when he was no longer interested in eating. I would just cut back on the milk for now. It is unnerving to have a baby only take 4-5 oz. of liquid a day! But as you said, when he's thirsty, he'll keep more down.

lol I can't imagine what would happen if he had someone encouraging him! We are actually using sippy cups (no bottles since 1 year) but I got him some new ones today so maybe that will help 

ugh sry the whyme 88 account was an alt I made when having TB issues don't know why it's signed in on my tablet 

• DD does that with water from sippy cups except for wen she steals sippy cups from my friend's son.  This would seem like an easy fix, except my friend's son uses the same kind of sippy cup DD does.  I think she may just only steal it when she is actually thirsty.  The pediatrician told us not to worry about weaning her off the bottle yet (in light of other medical stuff going on) so thankfully she is not spitting her Elecare everywhere.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"