June 2013 Moms

Baby Name

Watcha think of these?

First Name Options: Alivia (yeah, I know.. diff spelling from Olivia), Laila, Alana, Isabella, Mina, Mia, Avalena, Madalena

Middle Name Options: Serpahine, Penelope, Amore, Grace, Isabella

Full Name Ideas:  Alivia Seraphine, Laila Penelope, Avalena Grace, Mia Isabella, Isabella Amore (the meaning alone kills me - Beautiful Love), Avalena Seraphine, Mina Grace, Madelena Amore

Give me some renditions, and other choices... As you can kinda see, I like youneek middle names, and feminine/cute first names with good nicknames (Lena, Bella, Lana, Livia or Liv.

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

Re: Baby Name

• imageLidiaLavonna:
    imageSLaBM2B:

Watcha think of these?

First Name Options: Alivia (yeah, I know.. diff spelling from Olivia), Laila, Alana, Isabella, Mina, Mia, Avalena, Madalena

Full Name Ideas:  Alivia Seraphine, Laila Penelope, Avalena Grace, Mia Isabella, Isabella Amore (the meaning alone kills me - Beautiful Love), Avalena Seraphine, Mina Grace, Madelena Amore

Give me some renditions, and other choices... As you can kinda see, I like youneek middle names, and feminine/cute first names with good nicknames (Lena, Bella, Lana, Livia or Liv.

I'm not going to lie to you, I think most of those names are terrible. 

I don't disagree... My husband and I don't see eye to eye on ANY girl names. Boy names, we have 5 front runners, all are GREAT, and we both LOVE. Girl names, I'm struggling hard.  We don't like super common names , he doesn't like anything over the top or modern, and I don't love any of these names, but they are better than some we've come up with.  I just can't find a single girls name that we both love.

• imageSLaBM2B:
    imageLidiaLavonna:
    imageSLaBM2B:

Watcha think of these?

I'm not going to lie to you, I think most of those names are terrible. 

I don't disagree... My husband and I don't see eye to eye on ANY girl names. Boy names, we have 5 front runners, all are GREAT, and we both LOVE. Girl names, I'm struggling hard.  We don't like super common names , he doesn't like anything over the top or modern, and I don't love any of these names, but they are better than some we've come up with.  I just can't find a single girls name that we both love.

I LIED! I love Penelope... but he doesnt like it for a first name.

• Loading the player...
  • Obviously, you have to love it, not me.  That being said, I don't love it.  I generally don't mind most of the names, but I do not like Alivia.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • imageLidiaLavonna:
    imageSLaBM2B:

I LIED! I love Penelope... but he doesnt like it for a first name.

Actually, Penelope was one of like, two names on that list I liked.  

My Mom said, "DONT YOU DARE NAME THAT CHILD PENELOPE" with SO much disgust in her voice i nearly told her to go eff herself.  She hasn't heard a baby's name since, nor will she.

• I  like Alivia, Laila, and Alana but don't think the FN-MN combos you have flow very well.  I think Grace is the only MN that flows very well with the FNs I like.

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• imagePurpleCobra101:

I  like Alivia, Laila, and Alana but don't think the FN-MN combos you have flow very well.  I think Grace is the only MN that flows very well with the FNs I like.

Yeah, I'm stuck. I think I need to delete the list and start over completely.  I reread these names, and I agree with you girls. Some of them aren't that pretty and just weird. I don't care what gender it is, but for naming alone, I hope its a boy.

• Ideas from your list and trying to fit your style...

Laila Grace (or Layla, which I prefer) 

Mia Isabella (a little sing-songy)

Lindy Paige (not on your list, but neither is either super common or too Youneek)

Seraphina Grace (always a good filler MN)

Livia as a FN instead of Alivia

That's all I have for ya

imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageChristyD6:

Ideas from your list and trying to fit your style...

Lindy Paige (not on your list, but neither is either super common or too Youneek)

That's all I have for ya

Thank you :-)

• imageSLaBM2B:
    imageChristyD6:

That's all I have for ya

YW and even thought our tech guessed girl at 12w, I'm kinda hoping she "becomes a boy" at our 20w because boy names are so much easier! I don't even have a girl list to share yet.

imageimageimage
  • Livia Grace

• imageChristyD6:
    imageSLaBM2B:
    imageChristyD6:

That's all I have for ya

YW and even thought our tech guessed girl at 12w, I'm kinda hoping she "becomes a boy" at our 20w because boy names are so much easier! I don't even have a girl list to share yet.

RIGHT?  Our boy names are solid. I could pick any 5 names we've come up with, rearrange the middle names and first names, and still be totally happy. 

We have (in no particular order): Mason Asher, Radley Quinn, Jaxon Cash, Nolan Chase, and we live Griffin as a FN or MN. 

• imageSLaBM2B:
    Livia Grace

Yes 

imageimageimage
  • We are just the opposite!!! Our girl name is set in stone Alina Leighton but boys.... I feel like we will NEVER agree on something!!!!
  • I like Alana, Grace, and Penelope. Just do not know if any of those names really go together well - IMO. Penelope Ann is nice I think. Anna Grace is good too. Alana - not sure of a good middle name but I am thinking something with 3 or 4 letters like Joy or Mae but neither of those work great either.
              image image

• imageiggles09:
    I like Alana, Grace, and Penelope. Just do not know if any of those names really go together well - IMO. Penelope Ann is nice I think. Anna Grace is good too. Alana - not sure of a good middle name but I am thinking something with 3 or 4 letters like Joy or Mae but neither of those work great either.

Alana Grace seems to fit (IMO).

Alana Mae is pretty too.

• I would scratch the list and start fresh. I don't care for these names -- too much "L" sounds for me. You have a TON of time to decide on names. If you are team green, obviously you will need at least one of each, but if you are finding out, I would wait until you find out if it is a boy/girl and then stress over names. (Wouldn't it be silly if you stressed over a girl name and it was a boy?)
  • imageadeller11:
    I would scratch the list and start fresh. I don't care for these names -- too much "L" sounds for me. You have a TON of time to decide on names. If you are team green, obviously you will need at least one of each, but if you are finding out, I would wait until you find out if it is a boy/girl and then stress over names. (Wouldn't it be silly if you stressed over a girl name and it was a boy?)

You're so dead on... I just can't help myself. We find out on the 18th.

• Laila and mia were my dogs names..soo no haa..those names are very strange by the way. But go with what you like. A lot of them sound like medicine names.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If i had to chose tho id go with alana isabella.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Livia Grace and Alana Grace are both pretty

• Avalena Grace (Lena Grace) is my choice out of that list, but you and DH have to be comfortable saying it over and over and over again. 

DH and I have had a girl name chosen literally for years, but we even now we don't have any boy names we like.  It's so hard! 

• Avalena sounds an awful lot like javalina, which is a terrible, ugly wild pig that people hunt frequently in the desert southwest. I would guess that pretty anyone from the southwest, like myself, would be immediately reminded of the pig when someone said Avalena. Just a thought. I like some of the other names though!

TTC#2 for 2 years!

August 2014: Went off the pill to conceive #2
    March 2015: BFP - M/C at 6 weeks
    October 2015: Natural BFP - MMC, discovered at 12 weeks, D&C one long month later
    Mar-Sept 2016: Unexplained secondary infertility, 6 rounds Clomid + IUI, all BFN
    October 2016: IVF = chemical pg
    March 2017: Natural BFP 

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Isabella Grace would be my choice from your list of names, but it's your baby and it doesn't matter if anyone else likes the name that you choose...choose what's right for you and your husband.  Best wishes!!!!
  • NMS. GL!
    Pg with #2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"