Trying to Get Pregnant

All my fellow sick ladies!

Who else feels like poo?

What's ailing you and how are you dealing with it while TTC?

I'm plugging along with a sore throat and congestion/sneezing fits.  Lots of hot water bottles and tylenol all week long for me. Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: All my fellow sick ladies!

• I'm just getting over the 24 hour stomach flu that DS and DH had this weekend. I pretty much want to live under the covers, but life with a toddler makes that impossible. Hehe

Sorry you're sick! Feel better soon!
    imageimage
  • i just finally am getting over this nasty, yucky cold crud that i've had since before christmas. i just took lots of dayquil and DH found me these lollipops (for kids, ha) that were made for sore throats and they really helped :) 

hope you get to feeling better soon! 

trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmerald27:
    I'm just getting over the 24 hour stomach flu that DS and DH had this weekend. I pretty much want to live under the covers, but life with a toddler makes that impossible. Hehe

I see you didn't escabe the stomach bug...those are te worst!! Last year at this time it wa going through my entire household : hope you all are feeling better soon!!!
  • I have had a cold for about a week. Not much I have done about it...still working and just sleeping a lot. It seems like it is letting up today though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I had a head cold last week that turned into a nasty ear infection. I started antibiotics yesterday. TTC has been a no go. I think I'm in my FW now but there's no way DH and I are getting it on until this clears up.

Sorry so many of you ladies are sick! Feel better soon.

• Been sucking on cough drops and taking Advil Cold/Sinus pills here at work.  I'm not doing anything different just because we're TTC<  I take meds in the 2WW
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Yep! I have a runny nose and sore throat. I'm using Halls Defense drops (that have a good dose of vitamin C. I am also drinking a cup of decaf green tea a day. Hopefully that'll help. Feel better!!

For those of you temping, when you became ill - did you notice your temp go up or down? My temp went down (I'm 7 dpo) which I thought was odd because if you're sick or getting sick - wouldn't your temp go up to fight the infection? 

• Ugh - glad I'm not the only one suffering around here!

I had a sinus infection and migraine during last AF (being sick during AF is the best, right?!) - and now that I've got AF again this cycle - guess what? I've got another sinus infection! wooooo.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD placed in open adoption 2/2007
    Married in 5/2010
    DD 5/2015
    DS 3/2016
    EDD 4/29/19
  • I've been having a UTI for the last month .. talk to me about not feeling the babymaking! Angry
  • I'm sick over here too :(  I jinxed myself. This weekend I was so proudly telling my husband that I haven't been sick since I started using the bleach wipes on my carts every time I go to he store......and wouldn't you know it tuesday we both wake up sick.  I maintain he got me sick and my clean shopping cart policy is 100%.  

I always stock up on oranges and orange juice when we get sick. In fact i am eating one right now.

My FW starts tomorrow so we will see how it goes.  This is cycle 2 and I am getting a real panic " are we SURE we want to do this" feeling so I may not push it too far this cycle and just 'see what happens' .....even thinking about skipping OPKs...maybe.

• I need to get me some of those!
  • imageclassybride143:
    imageEmerald27:
    I'm just getting over the 24 hour stomach flu that DS and DH had this weekend. I pretty much want to live under the covers, but life with a toddler makes that impossible. Hehe

I see you didn't escabe the stomach bug...those are te worst!! Last year at this time it wa going through my entire household : hope you all are feeling better soon!!!

Aww. Thanks, Classy!
    imageimage
  • imageEmeJay:
    I've been having a UTI for the last month .. talk to me about not feeling the babymaking! Angry

Ouch! Feel better!

• imagebellomasimmons:
    I always stock up on oranges and orange juice when we get sick. In fact i am eating one right now.

Ditto! I swear I only got sick because I went a week without oranges, lol.

• I have a stupid cold that I got on NYE. I am taking Robitussin, Nyquil and cough drops as well as drinking as much fluid as I can handle.  I am having sex anyway.  I just had to promise not to cough on my DH.
  • imageEmeJay:
    I've been having a UTI for the last month .. talk to me about not feeling the babymaking! Angry

UTIs are the absolute worst.  Have you taken medication for it?  A month is a really long time to have one.  I hope you feel better soon.

• imagesynthlights:

Who else feels like poo?

What's ailing you and how are you dealing with it while TTC?

I'm plugging along with a sore throat and congestion/sneezing fits.  Lots of hot water bottles and tylenol all week long for me. Crying

Same here. It sucks soooo much. 

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesaratuck:

Yep! I have a runny nose and sore throat. I'm using Halls Defense drops (that have a good dose of vitamin C. I am also drinking a cup of decaf green tea a day. Hopefully that'll help. Feel better!!

For those of you temping, when you became ill - did you notice your temp go up or down? My temp went down (I'm 7 dpo) which I thought was odd because if you're sick or getting sick - wouldn't your temp go up to fight the infection? 

Mine went up. I had to discard a couple of temps. Since I'm still waiting to O, they were obviously too high.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"