Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding Article: Why Doctors Can't Help (XP Aug 12)

https://www.cnn.com/2013/01/03/health/medical-breastfeeding/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Great article about breastfeeding - glad to see it's getting more attention in the medical community!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding Article: Why Doctors Can't Help (XP Aug 12)

• I unfortunately agree.  I have a recurring blister and the LC said latch was fine and referred me to the OB who said it was the latch or the baby and said to see the LC or pedi.  

This board, Kellymom, and other resources have been more helpful that the "professionals" 

image   image

• Totally agree...my pedi despite being a LC with air quotes..was completely unhelpful. When DS wouldnt latch she tried to help me for 2 minutes and then said oh just work on it. I had to seek out a LC on my own who got him to latch and then a second LC to get him to latch properly as well as all the super advice from this board and my LLL. Pedi seemed totally unconcerned with the fact that I was stuggling. Im sure formula would have been the response if I hadnt figured it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad it's getting more attention too. Our pedi said LO's issues were reflux with a side of colic. I wasn't convinced. LC and I figured out it was oversupply and over active letdown. Makes sense that the Zantac wasn't helping. ;]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I so agree!! My pedi was surprised I knew that an oversupply was causing green poop, and I knew enough and how to correct it.
    I so feel like she was relieved when I had to supplement with formula last time because I didn't have time to pump enough and stay sane. Maybe if she understood bfing more she wouldn't have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"