3rd Trimester

Breech at 30 weeks?

Anyone breech around this time? Did baby move or not move? The doc said we should have a good idea by 34 weeks, because they are packing on most of the weight right now. 

I almost feel like I'm destin to have a c-section with this one. I had placenta previa that just migrated a month ago. Now this. Any other experiences?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Breech at 30 weeks?

• imagemelaniedel:

Anyone breech around this time? Did baby move or not move? The doc said we should have a good idea by 34 weeks, because they are packing on most of the weight right now. 

I almost feel like I'm destin to have a c-section with this one. I had placenta previa that just migrated a month ago. Now this. Any other experiences?

Thanks! 

btw, I had an U/S two weeks ago and he was head down. :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • he was breech at my 29 week ultrasound but i just had one last week at 34 weeks and he is head down now. i thought he was because i had pressure and kept feeling hiccups low but my ob did a quick ultrasound just to check. 
    "You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you. " - Fight Club BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family 1/29/11 - BFP (not even trying) 3/7/11 - M/C 6/1/11 - TTC 5/25/12 - BFP ~ Due 2/2/13
  • Loading the player...
  • mine was breech until yesterday.. I swear  I could feel her flip and today at the Dr. she was head down, there is still time to flip. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My girl has been breech the whole time! I feel like thats just how she likes it! I still feel her low, but if she is breech at my 36 week apt, (In a week) the dr said they would have to schedule a C. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When my mom was pregnant with me she said that I flipped days before they were thinking she would need a csection. Good luck! 
  • https://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/breech-bottoms-up/timeline-for-breech

Midwife said at 28w appt to not worry, because they're still moving around quite a bit. It's worth trying to do some of the exercises. Even if you are breech at 36 weeks, it's worth the OB attempting an external version before scheduling a CS. It has worked for two of my friends. 

• Babies tend to settle head down around 32 weeks, but that's if they're textbook and we all know there's tons about pregnancy that can't be predicted ;)  I really wouldn't worry about it at this point, like your doctor said.  If baby is still breech at 34+ weeks I would start to get a little concerned (but you would even have plenty of time for baby to flip on their own at that point).  The vast majority of babies will be head down by time of delivery.  As others have suggested spinningbabies.com has exercises that you can do (and they're good for all pregnant women, not just breech babies), also chiropractic care can be super helpful (and again, beneficial for all pregnant women).

GL!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagehydrangea14:
    My girl has been breech the whole time! I feel like thats just how she likes it! I still feel her low, but if she is breech at my 36 week apt, (In a week) the dr said they would have to schedule a C. 

Have you explored an external cephalic version yet?  This is an option and is typically recommended before going to a C/S.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Mine is breech right now too. I have a condition that made the doc predict she would be breech BUT they told me they aren't going to hit panic until 36 weeks. They also told me babies sometimes (often) flip at the last minute. A girl I work with told me the night before her scheduled c-section (bc of breech), her son flipped and she had a normal birth.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Thanks for all of the replies and advice. I'm definitely going check out that site. 
  • at 19 weeks LO was head down but has since decided that breech is much more comfortable. I am 35w4d right now and she is still breech. Shes actually Frank Breech and has been for a very long time. My dr. says there is still time for her to turn and not to worry, but my gut tells me that this child is not turning... While I had been wanting a natural birth, I have accepted the fact that however she gets here is how it needs to be.

At my appointment last week I had another sono done and I was told that there are many reasons that babies dont turn head down. If its going to hurt them or cause them harm they tend to not turn. I am totally fine with this LO not turning if that is so the case.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • LO was transverse at 30 weeks, then breech up until my appt today (36 weeks). They can move on around whenever. I wouldn't worry about it for a while! =)

• Breech at 30 weeks is terribly common, is it not? Don't most babies turn around 33+ weeks?
  • You've still got time. 36-37 weeks is when docs typically do an external version or just schedule a C/S. Go to Spinningbabies.com and find a chiropractor trained in Webster's Technique.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Breech baby here. Been head up since 28 weeks. And now is full Frank Breech. Head and feet up, bum down. Im 36 weeks tomorrow. Doing all techniques on spinning babies and seeing the chiro 2x a week. Doc is contacting another doc about the external version technique. Will see!

Good luck to you, You have time! 

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• Mine is in a new position sometimes 3-4 times a day. He went head down for 4 days and I was so releived not to be kicked in the intestines anymore! He didn't stay that way. He's kind of sideways now with hiccups coming from my kidney at the moment but he was feet down all morning and head in my ribcage. I wouldn't worry yet. The babies do their own thing and usually work it all out in the end.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This baby was breech at 34 weeks and flipped by 36!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was breech at 30 weeks and never moved, I had a c-section at 38w6d.
  • My LO has been breech twice. At 35 weeks, flipped back, then flipped breech again at 37.5 weeks. I did spinning babies, ice packs, heating pad, played music down there but it wasn't until I went to a chiropractor certified in the Webster technique for an adjustment that she turned - that very night at 38 weeks. They can turn until the day you deliver (although the likelihood lessens the further you progress). I would not worry this early on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was breech at 34wks & baby was turned around by 37wks. My dr said not to worry unless he wouldn't have been turned by 37wks. Babies move around a lot. I wouldn't worry just yet.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"